Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? (6632 Views)

Poll: Can you imagine yourself doing this under any circumstances?

Yes/Maybe: 26% (16 votes)
No/Never!: 73% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Exam Malpractice: See What This Lady Did To Cheat In An Exam Hall (photo) / Man Sponsored These Children To School Because Their Parents Couldn’t Afford To / How To Pass Mathematics In Exams On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by ScanLess: 2:45pm On May 27, 2009
Guns and bombs cant destroy a nation (case study-Japan), but moral decay will send a nation to bottom of the sea (case study- Sodom/Gomorrah), 9ja lets put a stop to institutionalized evil.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by lordsister: 3:00pm On May 27, 2009
@agaba123
ride on preacher! i can't remember me writing dat am proud of wot i did. my point is i can neva curse my parent 4 wot they did n i see it as my past dat is why i refered to my undergraduate days but cos we dn't trust 1anoda in dis country we believe in once bad it is always bad.as far as am concerned n like i said earlier u r entitled 2 ur opinion.lest i 4get u av not ans my questn,is there any shortcut 2 ICAN?
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 3:24pm On May 27, 2009
Lordsister
It appears the only exam you have passed on your merit is ICAN. Thank God you have something to fall back on. In as much as you will not curse your parents for what they did, should you go ahead to praise them then?

You said you are not pround of what you did, yet you are ready to do that for your kids? is that not what your answer means? It is good to help your children cheat!

Do not worry too much, some people sleep their ways to the top. So you are even better off as you have 'passed' ICAN on your own without a short cut.
Some do not. They sleep for job and for marks undecided The only problem with that is those people are more effective in the entartainment industry like modelling where looks matter most.

In banking where intuition is required, they will be forced at a point to become professional or quit. Probabaly why you had to sit for the ICAN.
However, about 390 people were expelled from the institute recently due to malpractice. I am not sure ICAN is immune to bottom power induced leaking of papers.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by hackney(m): 5:30pm On May 27, 2009
NO
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by MaiSuya(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2009
NEVER! angry angry
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by uzwu: 9:02pm On May 27, 2009
No way i won't. What for now? He should read his or her books chikena!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Akinagirl(f): 9:21pm On May 27, 2009
For me, No way! That will not be helping them. And they wont grow and develop the skills that then need in life to achieve. They will start to think they can cheat and buy their way through life so when they fall, they wont have anything to fall back on. It builds horrible character and work ethics. So NO way Jose!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by slimfine(f): 12:03am On May 28, 2009
what is point of going to school anyway? to get educated for crying out loud! when you buy your way through school, you nothing short of an illiterate!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Oxone(m): 3:39am On May 28, 2009
Akinagirl:

The need to understand that they can be successful on their own.
exactly, teach them early that there's nothing they cant do if they set their mind to it

slimfine:

what is point of going to school anyway? to get educated for crying out loud! when you buy your way through school, you nothing short of an illiterate!

more like educated illiterates who cannot hold their own
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by ibadanchap: 7:29am On May 28, 2009
Cheating (also called gulling) is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. ,
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating

Why would you want you or your child to have any of the above label?

And we also complain about elections, government etc.

For those who can assist their children to cheat, pls have a change of heart
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by jumie(f): 3:26pm On May 28, 2009
If you will help your child cheat in school, then be prepared to help them cheat all through life.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by 49cents(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2009
To cheat in an exam is bad enuff, but to now procure expo for your kids, haba, that's the heights, but its sad how PARENTS who call them parents do that these days without batting an eye.

We spoil Nigeria by populating it with riggers and cheats, then complain about the suckin Nigeria system
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by smarttkid(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2009
As a father, I am a guide to my children. No doubt, peer pressure may force them to choose the way of cheating in exams; I own them the responsibility of talking them out of such ways rather than helping them to achieve their intention.  I believe children should be trained - regimented- to follow the way you desire of them; after all, my children are my solid pillars for the future.

Imagine the uncertainty that would becloud a man who pushed his child through school, including medical school, helping the child to cheat; being taken to the theatre for surgery by that same child as a surgeon. Since the child is used to cheating, he may end up cheating life out of the father- and bury the mistake, that is the father and still cheat the siblings from knowing the truth of their father's death.

Instead of helping your children to cheat, help them to discover themselves - everyone has innate capacity that the world is waiting for -  help your children to discover those innate abilities they carry.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 6:33pm On May 28, 2009
smarttkid:

As a father, I am a guide to my children. No doubt, peer pressure may force them to choose the way of cheating in exams; I own them the responsibility of talking them out of such ways rather than helping them to achieve their intention. I believe children should be trained - regimented- to follow the way you desire of them; after all, my children are my solid pillars for the future.

Imagine the uncertainty that would becloud a man who pushed his child through school, including medical school, helping the child to cheat; being taken to the theatre for surgery by that same child as a surgeon. Since the child is used to cheating, he may end up cheating life out of the father- and bury the mistake, that is the father and still cheat the siblings from knowing the truth of their father's death.

Instead of helping your children to cheat, help them to discover themselves - everyone has innate capacity that the world is waiting for - help your children to discover those innate abilities they carry.
Thanks bro
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Chestan(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2009
well, particulaly pass through it. if u write an exam so many time, if u no what i mean, and ur parent know d kind of school dat is ,men i wont waste my time but to do it the other way round cos dis world is not what it seems to b any more
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by smarttkid(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2009
It is often said that Education is the best legacy to give to our children, helping our children to cheat in exams is certainly be the worst legacy to give to any child - a legacy of irresponsibility and cowardice.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2009
Why would anyone want to assist his/her child to cheat in exams? The case
should not even arise at all.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by anwo247: 9:50pm On May 30, 2009
I will never assist my child to cheat in his/her exam, no matter the name you give to the cheating type. Those who hate the future of their children can do that. Not me.

I have always said one thing. Everyone must not be a graudate. If they are not intelligent, they must have at least a minimum of one other talent that they can develop and become sombody in life.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Elizza(f): 12:02am On May 31, 2009
No, Never. I can never hate my children to an extent of endangering their future by helping them in any exam. I mean WHY SHOULD I? My parents never did that for me, so whom am i taking after as a parent?
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Remii(m): 12:27am On May 31, 2009
No, Never.

If a child can not pass an exam meant for his level how would he or she cope at higher level. Those who are saying "yes" even with "conditionalities" ever imagine being attended to by a doctor who cheated in Medial School exams. Tell your child you can not cheat, tell him or her if an exam is set from his syllabus he has no excuse to fail. Tell her how you passed your exams with efforts and the joy of answering "Thank you" when people congratulate you on passing exams you really did honestly. If you observe your child is weak educationally you could do all to help him study including extra home lessons and do not insist he read particular course when you know he would do better in another field of study.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by nich(m): 4:13am On May 31, 2009
absolutely no! angry
i'd rather i schooled them @ home than teach them to cheat in order to gain admission into a school.
life's actually smaller than we imagine @ times.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 31, 2009
In a country like nigeria, u have to or ur child will grow old under ur roof.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:24pm On May 31, 2009
He/she must read well to pass. There's no alternative to hard work.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by nich(m): 4:58am On Jun 01, 2009
Eidos_ky:

In a country like nigeria, u have to or ur child will grow old under ur roof.

i disagree with that big time! give the kid a chance @ quality education backed up with support @ home (morale, educational, inspirational, directional, etc) and you'd be proud of what he/she would do with opportunities to excel when he/she meets them.
"teach a child the way he should go & he will not depart from it. . ."
". . . time & chance happens to everyone . . ."

i agree the system itself has big problems, but a lot of pple still get things done the right way.

just ma 20kobo! wink
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2009
nich:

i disagree with that big time! give the kid a chance @ quality education backed up with support @ home (morale, educational, inspirational, directional, etc) and you'd be proud of what he/she would do with opportunities to excel when he/she meets them.
"teach a child the way he should go & he will not depart from it. . ."
". . . time & chance happens to everyone . . ."

i agree the system itself has big problems, but a lot of pple still get things done the right way.

just ma 20kobo! wink

You de mind am? The problem is that those who passed through school through the back door always think that it is the best option. The energy they put into cheating if channelled appropriately will see them succeed. But no, they prefer an image tarnishing short cut.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2009
The fact that we're even contemplating this at all shows just how low we have sank
morally as a nation.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Nezan(m): 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2009
I hate pretenders, those who say they are not corrupt but go on chasing other people's wives. The type that condemn you for taking alcohol but drink alcoholic wines in their bedrooms, and more importantly, the ones that deny they wont assist their children to cheat in exams but visit Lecturers and beg them to give their kids pass marks, or buy JAMB scores for their kids,,,,,,,,SCUMS angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2009
Nezan:

I hate pretenders, those who say they are not corrupt but go on chasing other people's wives. The type that condemn you for taking alcohol but drink alcoholic wines in their bedrooms, and more importantly, the ones that deny they wont assist their children to cheat in exams but visit Lecturers and beg them to give their kids pass marks, or buy JAMB scores for their kids,,,,,,,,SCUMS angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

What is the difference between the coloured portion and aiding to cheat? Looks like you just finished one round of skunk.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2009
Either way you look at it, the fact that there are pretenders
doesn't make doing the wrong thing right.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by colliomo: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2009
let every body know that what soever we plant today good or bad tomorrow we will reap. If we plant corrupt seed today in the life of the leader of tomorrow, of what good or change are we waiting for. is what a man have that he give
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by yonybanta(m): 11:08am On Jun 06, 2009
for God sake, if i help my child to cheat in the examination what am i teaching him/her? when i help my child to cheat in an examination, i'm only opening the door for him to become a fraudster, and wayward in life. for if i must have responsible child tomorrow whose contribution will affect the country and the world atlarge, then such child must be morally brought up and must be properly train in his chosen field of study.

even if the child will repeat four years in a class if i do not help him let him; let it be, "for it is more honourable to fail than to cheat" (Lincoln), because such repeat is good for him/her to prepare him/her for challenges ahead not only in the class room but in life time.

If we allow them to cheat today, then we should be sure to have people lives destroy in the hospital in the future because of incompetent doctors, we should be sure to have people lives destroyed in the future by collapse buildings because of incompetent and insincere architect and engineers, we should be sure to have more corrupt police and arm robbers on our street in the future because their upbringing were faulty.
Nengak Yohanna Yakubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medical Aspirants For Jamb 2014/2015, Let Us Meet Here. / Project Topics And Materials In Social Studies Education / Niger Delta University Post Ume 2009/2010 Screening Exercise Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.