Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software (845 Views)

How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes / Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging / How Do I locate My Smf Boardindex.template.php File Via Ftp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by uspry1(f): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
Cute FTP Tutorial: you will be able to see how to configure it for file transfers to your server. Tutorial covers the following topics:

[list]
[li]Configuring Sites in Cute FTP[/li]
[li]Managing Sites in Cute FTP[/li]
[li]Setting your preferences in Cute FTP[/li]
[li]Transferring files in Cute FTP[/li]
[/list]

link: http://www.blogadr.com/tutorials/free-cute-ftp-tutorial/

Every webmasters use different kinds of FTP software---not the same, their own preference individually.

I use Dreamweaver's Remote Connection that is built-in FTP account automatically transferring files to a remote site (web hosting server) as well as AceFTP3 software and MS-IE browser using ftp://ftp.yourdomainname.com.
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by webguru(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2008
i love DW's ftp

just discovered it
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by uspry1(f): 10:04pm On Aug 08, 2008
I do not know what kind of version you use Dreamweaver. Here is self-explanation of using Dreamweaver to scroll down how to set up remote site on "Define a New Site" at below link:

http://www.irc.gmu.edu/resources/findingaid/qs_dreamweaver/index2.html

It is built-in FTP account via Dreamweaver.
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by webguru(m): 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2008
I use CS3 grin yeah, i know im coool cool

i know how to use the FTP. learnt from help
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by kehers(m): 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2008
At last check, CuteFTP isnt free. Is it now? I personally use filezilla. Its free and has versions for various OS
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2008
dreamweaver's inbuilt ftp is crap. even when you are on a broadband connection, it still takes the usual 45 seconds to connect and transfer a 32kb file, apart from that, it could timeout before closing the connection and if that happens, dont rely on what he uploaded, you might want to consider re-uploading

try out other ftps and find which one's right for you

i think cuteFTP is cute
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by yawatide(f): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2008
@all,

Call me stupid or naive but why is it that (or is it just me) that we are trying to use DW for everything? Sure, it has many plug-ins but that's not its specialty. I mean sure, you can find crayfish at a supermarket but is that where you really want to go if you want crayfish? Of course not, you go to the open market.

At the rate at which we are going with DW, I am seriously afraid one day, we will expect to just kick back in our seats and expect DW to actually go into our brains to analyze what we are thinking and code a complete website/app for us tongue
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by uspry1(f): 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2008
NO CRACKED SOFTWARE LINK here allowed, please adhere NL Webmaster rules!

Thank you!
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 23, 2008
sorry about that USPRY, i thought i was on some other forums that wouldnt mind
Re: Getting Started With Cute Ftp Software by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2008
I have use cute ftp, wsftp, core ftp, filezilla client ftp and file zilla server i have even use online base ftp like 01ftp.com i think filezilla client ftp is the best

(1) (Reply)

Ebook Cover Design Software / Is Your Website Designed To Suit Its Function? / How Do I Run A Free Email Service On A Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.