Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? (617 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Is it possible for a born again not to sin?

Please I want everyone to take this very seriously.

I'm now afraid of going to the alter whenever an alter call is made. Why? This sin of a thing, it seems impossible to stop. I've been born again for not less than 5 times since I was born. But what? I find myself still going back to sin no matter how hard I try to stop it. I can now see why the bible say, "is not by power nor by might but by the spirit".

Is it really possible for one to stay without sin?
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by unmask: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2014
yes it is......first is you need to deny yourself so many comforts.....then try to stay holy by the minute, then increase it to an hour, then maybe to 4hrs, then finally a day.......also try to celebrate each time you have stayed holy, it gives you the impetus to do more..........shalom and may the lord guide your path
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by Demainman1: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Inyavic: Is it possible for a born again one not to sin?

I'm now afraid of going to the alter whenever an alter call is made. Why? This sin of a thing, it seems impossible to stop. I've been born again for not less than 5 times since I was born. But what? I find myself still going back to sin no matter how hard I try to stop it. I can now see why the bible say, "is not by power nor by might but by the spirit".

Waoh! You have born again and again and again and again and again? You neva tire to be born?

Well, to answer your question, it is NOT possible not to sin now and again. Anyone that think otherwise is simply deceiving himself. Remember, this earth is SATAN's kingdom. He rules!!
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by italo: 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
Inyavic: Is it possible for a born again one not to sin?

The Catholic Church teaches that one who is baptized is born-again.

If that person falls, he/she is invited to seek God's forgiveness in the confessional. However, sin doesn't make him/her stop being born-again.
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by Adeebiwa09(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
Yes and No
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by Soloter(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
By HIS grace, it's impossible for a believer to sin wilfully. example, b4 one will commit fornication or adultery, one must carefully sit and plan out everything before approaching a lady, arranging and going into the act. the born again child of God will not, however, if accidentally a child of God sins, they've a Senior Advocate, Jesus who is interceding for us.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by Adeebiwa09(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
Yes because he is still human and would need to rely on God's grace, here it s called 'fall' in2 sin or temptation. 1 jhn 1:8-10.

No because his seed abides in us, we have no capacity or ability to sin. 1 jhn 3:8-9, 5:18.

But bottomline, we are not sinners and can never b except we do wilfuly, delibrately, continualy and deny our salvatn n saviour i.e backslide. Because we r the righteousnes of God in christ Jesus. Alsn 2 cor 3:17, 1 jhn 1:7, jhn 3:16 e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by emmyskies(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Then you dont need to walk up to the altar anymore. It is now between you and GOD. There is something blocking your salvation. Get down on your knees, cry out to the LORD. tell Him your problem and challenges. Confess all your sins and promise never to go back to them. Accept JESUS in your heart. It is not by your power nor by your might. You need JESUS. Invite Him into your life. Surrender all to Him. Tell Him to take control of your life. After the prayer, next is restitution. Bring out all your things. Return all that you stole and borrowed. Apologise to those you've offended in the past. Make peace with everybody. Always be conscious that you're now a born-again. Try as much as possible to avoid sin and things and people that leads you to sin. Above all, always study your Bible and fast at least once in a week, take things of GOD serious. Avoid many things. By the time you do all these, GOD will know you're ready to thread the narrow path that lead to everlasting life, so He'll help you. And the HOLY SPIRIT will bear witness in your heart and remind you of all things. Good luck. GOD bless you

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
op

Let me start by saying that you guys sound funny. You dont born again more than ones. I wonder the kind of born again you are undergoing. You guys should study your bible well so that you don't head to destruction in the name of religion.

It is not possible to stay without sin. We are born imperfect already. It is true that making a practice of sin is very wrong. We should put up a strong fight against it. No matter the sin, it can still be won, if you are determined and if you allow God to help you. However, that doesn't mean that you cant sin again, no. But you are not expected to live in sin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 09, 2014
emmyskies: Then you dont need to walk up to the altar anymore. It is now between you and GOD. There is something blocking your salvation. Get down on your knees, cry out to the LORD. tell Him your problem and challenges. Confess all your sins and promise never to go back to them. Accept JESUS in your heart. It is not by your power nor by your might. You need JESUS. Invite Him into your life. Surrender all to Him. Tell Him to take control of your life. After the prayer, next is restitution. Bring out all your things. Return all that you stole and borrowed. Apologise to those you've offended in the past. Make peace with everybody. Always be conscious that you're now a born-again. Try as much as possible to avoid sin and things and people that leads you to sin. Above all, always study your Bible and fast at least once in a week, take things of GOD serious. Avoid many things. By the time you do all these, GOD will know you're ready to thread the narrow path that lead to everlasting life, so He'll help you. And the HOLY SPIRIT will bear witness in your heart and remind you of all things. Good luck. GOD bless you

I like your idea, but I just can't cry even when I try.
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Not To Sin? by emmyskies(m): 7:49am On Jan 09, 2014
Inyavic:

I like your idea, but I just can't cry even when I try.
Crying does not necessarily mean you bring out tears. Be in a sober mood. Be truely sorry in your heart. Tell GOD you're sorry for been such a person you were. Soften your heart. Talk to JESUS CHRIST, the master above all masters, there are kings but He is the king of all kings, there are lords but He is the LORD of all lords. Draw near to Him. GOD bless you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Churches Practice Feet Washing As Worship Ritual? / For Those Who Don't Believe In God / Loosing Faith...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.