Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? (921 Views)

John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference / Comedy In Church / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? by MoyoGENERAL: 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
There is a growing trend now in many christian assemblies. Comedians are invited to church these days to make people laugh or entertain d church. What can one make of this?

Is the church not supposed to be separate from the world?
Should a christian be a comedian? Or is there any such tin as a Christian comedian?
Do true Christians need such? Is the JOY OF SALVATION no longer sufficient?
Is it not because these assemblies have lost the joy of salvation that they seek to replace it with d "JOKES OF A SINNER".
Is there a bible in these assemblies?
Hasn't any of their pastors read Ephesians 5:4, where d bible says that Filthiness, foolish talking and jesting should not be
once named among us as we become saints?
Where else are all these coming from if not the pit of hell?

Feel free to comment!!!
Re: COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? by MEILYN(m): 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
@O.p are you a sadist?
Re: COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? by MoyoGENERAL: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
MEILYN: @O.p are you a sadist?
this is simply the BIBLICAL TRUTH... you know they say the truth is always bitter and hard to take...
and to answer your question, NO, I am not!
Re: COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? by Coldblooded(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
I really don't have anything against comedy in the house of God tho it has to be relegated to only during church's social gathering and not introduced during service.

And then, the comedy should be monitored to always maintain and uphold the values of the church during such period.

I for many times during ma university days do crack some jokes (clever jokes & not raunchy ones) in my church's social gathering just to ease out stress a little.

1 Like

Re: COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? by Adeebiwa09(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
I would be bk 2 coment.

(1) (Reply)

Fasting During Fasting. / Mammy Water Victims/mermaid Witches Share Your Burden / RCCG Members How Do You Feel About Prof Osinbajo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.