Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? (616 Views)

If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Evidences That God Exist / Does God Exist Within Or Outside The Universe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? by amnestylaw1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hello Nairalander,

This is the fist in a series of episodes to come.

This thread is created to be a formal e-debate between all Nairalanders who want to contribute to this debate and share in the body of knowledge out there. It is not meant to be a place to hurl insults or abuse against anyone, their religion, or "irreligion". The beauty of any academic debate lies in the ability of people to present their claims, support them with credible, verifiable evidence(s), and argue out against opposing view(s) respectfully.

Are you a Christian, Muslim, or someone who believes in a religion that promotes God's existence? Please let us hear how hard it is to deny God's existence. We want to know how intellectually rigorous your position as a "Goddist" is.

Are you an Atheist? Most of you find that the concept of God or a god doesn't strike a chord. The concept of God or a god is not relevant in the lives of the atheist. Please let us understand how you knew for a fact that there is no God or a god.

I want to specify that, for the purpose of this debate, I am not in particularly in favor of either theism or atheism. I have experienced both positions (as an atheist and as a Christian). This is not to say that I do not have a side I lean towards.

[size=14pt]Rules Guiding the Debate[/size]
1) Please do not hurl insults at anyone, no matter the position they hold. Let us learn to respect the diversity in humanity and the different political, religious, or philosophical views we all hold. Any insult directed towards an individual should be reported by hitting the REPORT button.
2) Please do not turn this to an Igbo vs Yoruba or Christian vs Muslim e-war.
3) State your position and back them with credible, and/or verifiable evidence.

We all want to challenge each other's position intellectually and learn as Nairalanders. Let the e-debate begin. Happy debating.

Re: The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
They have started again!
Re: The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? by Kimmo(f): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
I have neither fact nor data. I just believe in my heart that God is.
If I had to try to convince an atheist though, I'd go this route: Say God is real, which follows that HIS word is real too and there's heaven, hell etc. isn't it better to err on the side of caution?
Re: The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? by freshPikin: 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
What is your definition of God?

I find it's quite ambiguous these days.
Re: The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Existence proves an objective reality who I choose to call God.
Re: The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
so when is the debate starting?
Re: The Great E-debate: Episode 1: Does God Exist? by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 03, 2014
Which "God"?

Sugmad, Allah, Buddha, Brahman, Odin, Jupiter, Zeus, Olodumare, Oduduwa, Satan, Esu?

Please specify.

(1) (Reply)

Questions For God / Did Jesus Say An0ther W0uld F0ll0w Him / You Too Are Qualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.