Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion (923 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Let's Pray For Our Brothers And Sisters In Palestine. / Salam Brothers And Sisters, We Have To Beware Of This Man Called "alagbara Omi" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by Femi13: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2008
Salam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters, Pls can someone tell me, is Photography picture allow in the room or not, because there have been alot of discussions on this issue, and some scholars said that the pictures meant by the Prophet (saw) are the ones mud with clay or stick, that there is no camera then that beside if one wants to travel to mecca now in our time he or she must snap passport. So i want us to pls disucuss this issue on here also because i am confuse about this.

Salam Alaykum.
Re: Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by olabowale(m): 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2008
In every situation of Islam, their are specific conditions attached, always. In the consumptions of alcohol and the flesh of prohibited animals, for example, if life could be lost, then the only option is to eat and or drink, in order to preserve life.

in the case of pictures, if you have pictures, I believe it is better to keep them in an album, rather than litter the walls of your home with it. In the album, you will have the pictures, but it will not be the focal point of the home. Yet you can look in the album and still have your picture, all of them. When you have them hanging on the walls, they tend to distracts and many begin to see the character of the person in it. Its almost as if it can become animated, talk, etc.

Its a gray area and my own idea and solution is to always keep pictures, unexpsed, regardless of how much I like it. One can get quickly attached and it becomes distraction and mean more than what it was intended for in the first place.

May Allah guide us all. Amin. He is the Knower of all things.
Re: Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by littleb(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2008
Islam disallow keeping of figure (this includes statues and pictures) in the house. This is in line with the hadith of the prophet that angels do not enter a house in which there are figure. Also, according to some scolars commentary such a person who keep figure is similar to unbelievers who keep idols in thier house. And according to many hadiths, solid figures such as statues are prohibited in Islam. Exception to this are toys and incomplete or defaced figure, for example remove the head and leave the remaining.

The issue of pictures or photographs, one needs to understand the subject matter in order to judge whether wrong or right. What does it depict? Where is placed? What is its use? The purpose of making such picture. For example, if picture became object of worship, be an animal or humanbeing, for example people make pictures of thier religious leaders, Jesus, Mary, sheikhs and the likes are absolutely wrong in Islam. It is consider as an act of shirk in Islam. Photographs are permitted as long as its portray does not against the beliefs, morals and laws of Islam. However islam discourage hanging it on the wall or displaying them inside the house, however permitted are non animated photographs such as trees and the likes. Allah knows best.
Re: Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by samba123(m): 11:09am On Aug 10, 2008
My brother he asked about Photography “picture” if allow or not allow

What is photography = the art of taking pictures by means of camera. Making use of the action of light on chemically prepared film and plates.

Picture = an image, representation of an object or scene by painting, drawing, or photography: a portrait :a symbol or type:

Picture (personal Photo) can be use widely in anything for identification purposes like passport, permit, Licensing etc.  or for future record of identifying an individual to trace back his/her personal record. These things are okey.

Picture/ painting/ portrait/ hanging in a wall Mostly view by the scholars it is not allowed to put such an object in the house for decoration or admiration such things.

Allah alam , Allah know best
Re: Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by ayinba1(f): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2008
Thank you all for enlightening us more.

Salaam
Re: Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by babs787(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2008
Salam all

Thanks for your wonderful message
Re: Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by Femi13: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2008
Salam, Thanks brothers for the enlightenment, may Allah reward you abundantly.

May Allah guide us all. Amin. He is the Knower of all things.
Re: Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion by zayhal(f): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2008
Salam alaykum,
Islam discourages the keeping of pictures except passport for identification and like reasons. This is the opinion of many scholars.
Rasulullah (S.A.W.) actually cursed the one who make pictures and the one for whom it is made. There is the hadith that narrates that when he (s.a.w) returned from a journey, Aisha (R.A.) had a curtain on her entrance which had pictures of animate things on it. He frowned at this and Aisha quickly removed the curtain and tore it up into pieces and made pillows with it.
Another hadith says that Muhammed (s.a.w) said the angels do not go into houses where there are dogs and pictures. These are not just statues but printed pictures like we have nowadays, since the picture on Aisha's curtain could not be regarded as statues.
He (s.a.w) also said that on the day of resurrection, Allah will call all the picture makers to come and put life into the pictures which they made (and they'll not be able to do so).
May Allah forgive our shortcomings and make us better Muslims. (amin)

(1) (Reply)

He Is Not Your Spouse, But Your Co-fornicator / Converting To Islam: British Women On Prayer, Peace And Prejudice / Awful Effect Of Sex Jihad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.