Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,662 members, 7,862,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Your Take On National Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Take On National Conference (449 Views)

Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters / I’m Silent On National Issues Until After Elections – Obasanjo / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Take On National Conference by prov1029(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
I have asked this before and compelled to ask again.
what are our expectations as a people regarding this national conference coming up
its good we start to speak before another document is signed that maybe worse than the previous
Re: Your Take On National Conference by Candour(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
The proposed National Conference is missing an important ingredient and that is sovereignty. If the politicians are sincere, then they should allow the conference to be sovereign with decisions that are binding and only subject to a referendum, not to a partisan National Assembly. Any conference short of this will only be another jamboree like Abacha's and OBJ's conferences.

But are the politicians bold or honest enough to allow it?
Re: Your Take On National Conference by prov1029(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
Candour: The proposed National Conference is missing an important ingredient and that is sovereignty. If the politicians are sincere, then they should allow the conference to be sovereign with decisions that are binding and only subject to a referendum, not to a partisan National Assembly. Any conference short of this will only be another jamboree like Abacha's and OBJ's conferences.

But are the politicians bold or honest enough to allow it?

I totally agree and would also like to include to your question
How desparate are we willing to demand it be done our way and not the politician ways.

You know, i do not like boko haram but it seems that through miliancy and crime that's when the leaders know we are serious.

When we protested in Ojota over subsidy, a detachment of soldiers setn everyone packing. when will we hold and stand our ground against the lunacy of this present administration.

hmmm

(1) (Reply)

UN Ranks Nigeria High In E-government Development Inde / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri. / Lasu/doctors Student Are National Labour Conscience Party NCP Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.