Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? (655 Views)

"666" Encrusted On My Blender: Should I Be Worried About This? (pics) / Help! I Dont See Anywhere Females Where Baptised By The Apostles / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by brownideye: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
help now,
i have been baptized by water but yet to be baptized by the holy spirit
some pastors say i must receive holy ghost baptism before i am saved, but i cant speak in tongues
what do i do? how can i speak in tongues?
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
undecided
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by holypower(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
brown ideye: help now,
i have been baptized by water but yet to be baptized by the holy spirit
some pastors say i must receive holy ghost baptism before i am saved, but i cant speak in tongues
what do i do? how can i speak in tongues?

Brown, you need to be baptized with the Holy Ghost, what to do?

1. fasting and fervent prayer including midnight prayers though its not compulsory but it is necessary

2. Holiness, righteousness, working out your salvation with fear and trembling and walking in newness of life daily

3. Evangelism is required, that can help you to develop in the Holy Ghost and also prove to GOD that HIM baptizing you with the Spirit will not be in vain or useless

and much more
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by Kei144(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
Lk. 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

1Co. 10:2 They were all baptised into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Unlike water baptism, Holy Spirit is not something that is received once in a life time. The Holy Spirit should be prayed for and received everyday; if possible, several times in a day. While Israelites journeyed to the Promised Land, they were always under the cloud; but they passed through the sea only once.

So, just ask God to give you the Holy Spirit, every morning, and believe that He has given you. You don't need speaking in tongues as an evidence. The main issue really is what you do with the Holy Spirit that God has given you. God doesn't give the Holy Spirit just for people to blow tongues.
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
@op

You need to be baptized by the holy spirit before you think of heavenly hope. But that you are not baptized by the spirit doesn't mean you can attain salvation.
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by chukwuinya: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
u dont need to b baptized in the HOLY GHOST b4 u can make heaven,john 1:12 if only u have recieved CHRIST into ur life then are u a son of d kingdom. Bt u need HOLY GHOST baptizm and infilling 4 victorious christian living and to effectively become a part of the BODY OF CHRIST tru d manifestatn of d gift of d HOLY SPIRIT
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by tobechi74: 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Holyspirit has no hand to baptise
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by brownideye: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
chukwuinya: u dont need to b baptized in the HOLY GHOST b4 u can make heaven,john 1:12 if only u have recieved CHRIST into ur life then are u a son of d kingdom. Bt u need HOLY GHOST baptizm and infilling 4 victorious christian living and to effectively become a part of the BODY OF CHRIST tru d manifestatn of d gift of d HOLY SPIRIT

really shocked shocked shocked
Re: Must i Be Baptised By The Holy Spirit Before I Go To Heaven? by hmnnn: 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
I think chukwuinya has helped a lot. Check acts 2:37 when peter was preaching and said the promise is also for you. Also, Jesus told the disciples to wait for the baptism of the HolyGhost, when Peter was preaching to the household of Cornelius, the Sprirt came on them and they spoke in other tongues. When you are filled with the Spirit, you will speak in tongues(evidence also in acts 2:4). Just keep asking God, when you get it you will know

(1) (Reply)

Stay Connected To God / Worrying About Nothing Is The Secret Of Getting Everything / One Of Nigeri'a Oldest Preacher Dies At 114

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.