Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! (2098 Views)

Please Urgent Help From Web Developers! / Hosting Of Website Tips From Web Developers / The Next Step From Web Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Darkchild(m): 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hi,

to all the web gurus in Nairaland, can any one please tell me how to make money from web forums like Nairaland.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Seun, Please make sure u contribute!!!!
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Seun(m): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
Why not try something different:
- blogs
- ecommerce
- directories
- news websites
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Darkchild(m): 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2006
Seun thanks,

but can u please expansiate on the methods of making money from what u have listed? And do u make money from this forum?

What about the google thingy that u guys discussed about on one of the threads. How does that work?
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by kazey(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
One interesting thing I found about Nigerians, is that they are only interested in an idea, concept or even model, when someone has gone through all the hurdles and pitfalls to become successfull in it.

Forums is a very good example. You see Nigerians, all over the internet trying to start forums because Seun is acclaimed to make a fortune from his forum. What you forget to try to understand is

1. How much time, Seun has invested into Nairaland.
2. How much money, Seun has invested into Nairaland.
3. How much reading and research, Seun has been doing, to reach this level of achievement.
4. What ups and downs, Seun has undergone, to reach this level.

And much more, and to be honest with you, I have not seen any other Nigerian yet, ready to learn by researching on their own and just asking one direct question or the other. Rather they want HOW TO MAKE IT QUICK 101 type of business, if it is one.

A few words of advice is:-

1. If you are looking for a quick way to earn an income online, then forum is definitely not something you would earn a quick bucks in.
2. If you are not willing to learn on your own, then you would never be successful in a forum.
3. And lastly you must have the time and the money to run a forum like this.

Consistency, Dedication and Content is the key to a successful forum, for this is the only secret behind the success of nairaland. Nevertheless Success to you might not be success to Seun and vis versa and hence I might just be ranting.

1 Like

Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Darkchild(m): 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2006
Kazey,

I appreciate ur contribution. However, I never mentioned that I was not ready to work hard or even do any form of research. Just quick tips to eable me have a platform.

If everyone was to go and sit down and do research on every topic that already exists we would be wasting alot of precious time which could have been spent on improving these already existing ideas. Even the Japanese, after the 2nd world war 'stole' technological ideas from the americans and improved on them.

By the way, I dont see Seun complaining that I am trying to tap ideas from him. If he is offended by my questions I beleive he can speak for himself.

Nevertheless, ur contribution is highly appreciated.
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by lcharm(f): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2006
Kazey, yes u are ranting. i dont think u understand what darkchild is asking. is there anything wrong with finding out how to become successful from a successful person? why are there books on how to become successful written by successful people. If one is successful, one should be able to educate others on his success and leave it to others to work hard and attain their own success.

How do you know he doesnt have the time and money but only seeking advice on how to invest it in something he is interested in, how can you say he is not willing to learn?

many many millions of millionaires are successful not because they learnt, researched and read on their own but because they read other peoples successes and then made it work for them

if you dont have anything good or important to add, i think its best you dont reply a thread
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by hotangel2(f): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2006
I think one way you can go by it, is making stuffs that people on the forum would love to buy.

Like the nairaland T-Shit idea. U could come up with some damn good Stuffs. I mean Nairaland T-shirts and stuffs. U make a thread, and make MONEY from members.

That's an idea for making money from web forums. Think abt it.
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by bayo1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2006
In my search for information on how to make money on the internet without been fraudulent, i came across the information i'm about to share with you. These pieces of information will benefit you if you find yourself among the group of people listed below:

1. Only what you know how to do on the internet is just to receive/send mails.
2. You had been wondering how you can make money on the net in a legal way, without selling any material.
3. You want an independent financial future for yourself.
4. You want to be able to make extra money at your own convinent.
5. You are tired of the monthly thing i.e. waiting for your salary to be paid before you can do any tangible stuff.
6. You don't want to be bordered if you boss says - "no more job"

Then if you think one of these describes what you want, read on, this is the chance you've been waiting for. "CHANCE FAVOUR A PREPARED MIND"

I've also discovered that the different between the rich and the poor is not luck, but it is - Management of information. By this i mean both your access and use of information at your disposer.
It is one thing to have access to right information, and another thing to be able to use the information in a profitable way. The information below is right and if managed well, could lead to your independent financial future.

The link below will take you to the E-GOLD website, and if you register on the site, you stand to enjoy all the benefit listed below:

1.Online payment method better than CREDIT CARD.
2.Open with zero minimum balance in your account.
3.Your account credit is not affected by the fluctuation in dollar/pounce.
4.The value of the credit you have in your account is measured with the value of GOLD in the world market.
5.Divident to be paid into your account based on the increase in Gold value.
6.Refer others to e-gold and get paid on whatever transaction they make on the internet.
7.Good security feature to prevent unathorized access to your account.

https://www.e-gold.com/newacct/newaccount.asp?cid=3302531
or http://www.e-gold.com/e-gold.asp?cid=3302531

For this and more information/help, contact:
Bayo - bayoojo1@yahoo.com

Remember: "CHANCE FAVOUR A PREPARED MIND"
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by kazey(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2006
@Darkchild

Ok let me teach you how to read something in general, could be helpful in the future, before you start concluding to an OPINION.

kazey:

One interesting thing I found about Nigerians, is that they are only interested in an idea, concept or even model, when someone has gone through all the hurdles and pitfalls to become successfull in it.

Forums is a very good example. You see Nigerians, all over the internet trying to start forums because Seun is acclaimed to make a fortune from his forum. What you forget to try to understand is

3. How much reading and research, Seun has been doing, to reach this level of achievement.

Above I am doing what exactly? Talking about what I found out, and below I am doing what exactly? Getting back to you and helping you and advicing you. This is exactly what I am doing. OPEN YOUR MIND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

kazey:

And much more, and to be honest with you, I have not seen any other Nigerian yet, ready to learn by researching on their own and just asking one direct question or the other. Rather they want HOW TO MAKE IT QUICK 101 type of business, if it is one.

A few words of advice is:-

1. If you are looking for a quick way to earn an income online, then forum is definitely not something you would earn a quick bucks in.
2. If you are not willing to learn on your own, then you would never be successful in a forum.
3. And lastly you must have the time and the money to run a forum like this.

Consistency, Dedication and Content is the key to a successful forum, for this is the only secret behind the success of nairaland. Nevertheless Success to you might not be success to Seun and vis versa and hence I might just be ranting.

lcharm:

if you don't have anything good or important to add, i think its best you don't reply a thread

They didn't teach you what was the meaning of OPINION in school, and that a forum is where you hear two perspectives of something, delivered in different ways?
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Darkchild(m): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2006
kazey, correcct me if i am wrong but ithink u were making a statement and did not really suggest much. And i quote -
What you forget to try to understand is

And much more, and to be honest with you, I have not seen any other Nigerian yet, ready to learn by researching on their own and just asking one direct question or the other. Rather they want HOW TO MAKE IT QUICK 101 type of business,

Who told u I am not aware of the ups and downs that Seun may have gone thru. If u read the quota from Lcharm, she says,

many many millions of millionaires are successful not because they learnt, researched and read on their own but because they read other peoples successes and then made it work for them
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by kazey(m): 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2006
grin Are we debating now? I was just trying to explain my post? Ah there in your excerpt, I did make a mistake, I was supposed to use "What they fail" not "What you fail", anyway it doesnt matter, I have said my own.

And since you appreciate it, I have no problem whatsoever with you or anybody.

lcharm:

And maybe you might want to name a few? Because I dont know of any?
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Darkchild(m): 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2006
Kazey,

thank you for the clarification. To help answer the question u threw to Lcharm, and since I am in the finance field , check out warren buffet (Richest man in the world - timesonline 2006) who learnt the tricks of his trade from benjamin graham.
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by kazey(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2006
I do know Warren Buffett, and even if I didnt, I could have made a quick read on wikipedia or any online resource. Nevertheless here we go on Warren Buffet's success.

We were talking about being successful from reading from other people's success or making other people's success work for us?

Benjamin Graham (May 8, 1894 – September 21, 1976) was an influential economist and professional investor who is today often called the "Father of Value Investing" and the "Dean of Wall Street."

He is perhaps best known today from frequent references made to him by billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who studied under Graham at Columbia University, and was his only pupil to receive an A+. Other well known students of Graham include William Ruane, Irving Kahn, Walter Schloss, and Charles Brandes

In 1954, Graham invited Buffett to Graham-Newman. There, he worked closely with Graham and Walter Schloss. Graham, a tough man to work for, was adamant that a stock provide a wide margin of safety after weighting the tradeoff between its price and intrinsic value. Graham's demand that a stock be worth more than its price made sense to Buffett, but it also made him question whether the criteria were too stringent, causing them to miss out on some big winners that had more qualitative values.

Buffett philosophy on business investing is a modification of the value investing approach of his mentor Benjamin Graham. Graham bought companies because they were cheap compared to their intrinsic value. He was of the belief that as long as the market undervalued them relative to their intrinsic value he was making a solid investment. The market will realize that it has undervalued the company and will correct its course regardless what type of business the company was in. In addition he believes that the business has to have solid economics behind it.
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Darkchild(m): 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2006
Kazey,

Are u concuring with Lcharms point?
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by kazey(m): 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2006
No I am not, because she claims that there are millionaires who are what they are, through other people's success, not by learning smiley

lcharm:

Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by Darkchild(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
i DONT THINK U UNDERSTAND HER POINT. WARREN DID NOT START VALUE INVESTING ON HIS OWN, HE LEARNT FROM SOMEONE. SIMPLY!!
Re: Ideas For Making Money From Web Forums! by kazey(m): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2006
By the way are we debating, or am I getting the whole post and I reply you wrong?

I never said that we shouldn't learn from other people, thats why we go to school. What I do not agree with, is her statement on which she said; Many millionaires became successful from just reading testimonials or making other peoples success becomes their own success; Millionaires that is. I am still waiting for the list of those millionaires.

Isn't that what she said?

(1) (Reply)

Don't Know What To Do With My Blog / DHTML, Or Perhaps Other Developers, I Need You. / I Want A Script Like That Of Myschool.com.ng And Nairaland.com can Someone Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.