Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production (2237 Views)

‘High Value Terrorists’ Killed as NAF Itensifies Bombardment of Sambisa Forest / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs / UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by manny4life(m): 12:48am On Jan 10, 2014
Onlytruth:

Well, I guess we shall see one of these days, but my sense tells me that they are doing well so far.
If the owners have good business sense they will soon move on to something more challenging.
Like I said, government should support them with grants, tax breaks, and direct funding where necessary.

For them to be aggressive in this business, they need direct funding. At least, this type of enterprise isn't as financially challenging as aircraft manufacturing. However, like you said, let's hope they move on to something more challenging (this can only happen if the funds are there).
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by manny4life(m): 12:49am On Jan 10, 2014
CFCfan: As actual aircraft production is on the high side, I think the Airforce institute in collaboration with some local schools, can start with the manufacture of high-tech helicopters.
Hopefully, the President, ministers (on official duty), and top leadership of the National Assembly, would use them as part of the presidential fleet. The Airbus/Boeing planes should continue to be used for international trips.

Lol, that will NEVER happen because we Africans don't trust our products.
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by Onlytruth(m): 12:50am On Jan 10, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
However, have you asked yourself, how come these same individuals who happened to have managed government owned ventures to failure, end up with successful ventures of their own?

You keep going on about weapons systems, how can you build a weapons system when ordinary laboratory to perform NHV is a rare sight in Nigeria? How many renowned materials laboratory abound in nigeria? Do you even have stable power to be able to run a 6 axis spindle CNC machine for 24/7 machining?

You need to have the blocks in place before you can build a house! Unfortunately in Nigeria, we want to build a house but refuse to either mould blocks or go buy some.

You are shifting grounds unecessarily.
As I write this, INNOSON is using parts made in Nigeria (about 60%) from factories in Enugu and Nnewi, to build Nigerian vehicles.
He is achieving that feat where Nigerian owned PAN FAILED.
Private companies are run to survive in places where government ones fail.
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by OmoTier1(m): 12:52am On Jan 10, 2014
CFCfan: As actual aircraft production is on the high side, I think the Airforce institute in collaboration with some local schools, can start with the manufacture of high-tech helicopters.
Hopefully, the President, ministers (on official duty), and top leadership of the National Assembly, would use them as part of the presidential fleet. The Airbus/Boeing planes should continue to be used for international trips.
Aircraft production is on the high side, however, the spiral effects on the economy is HUGE. You suggested manufacture of high tech helicopter. However, I can tell you that helicopter is even as expensive to develop as a 30 seater aircraft for example.
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by musiwa112: 12:56am On Jan 10, 2014
how can Air Force Institute of Technology kaduna be a university. that is not acceptable... when the police college kano, nda kaduna. this is a rip off..

the military need to relocate some of its facilities to be fair to other people.
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by manny4life(m): 12:56am On Jan 10, 2014
Onlytruth:

As I write this, INNOSON is using parts made in Nigeria (about 60%) from factories in Enugu and Nnewi, to build Nigerian vehicles.

My only grouse with Innoson is that he doesn't see the potential he has, I want him to restructure his company, not a one man business, let him go public and raise money. This will create a better products and obviously increase our development standard. Relying on the government is a waste of time particularly where the products in question can be sold locally/regionally and the demand is already there which is a positive selling point for his company.

3 Likes

Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by Horus(m): 12:59am On Jan 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhKNtgj77Pw

Drone (UAV) Made By Nigerian Airforce
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by OmoTier1(m): 1:00am On Jan 10, 2014
Onlytruth:

Look lets not deceive ourselves. INNOSON as company has reached a stage where if no government cash flow comes in, or a HUGE bank loan, or an external partner with government sureties to pour cash into the business, it will end up as another assembly plant that would fold up a decade from now.

Ask yourself, does INNOSON have $5bn to spend on research of hybrid vehicles on Nigeria and West Africa roads? Can INNOSON compete with the giants to gain significant market share in West Africa without massive cash flow?

Have you asked yourself, why Nigerian banks, transporters still go to Japan, Germany to buy their commercial vehicles in bulk down there, while INNOSON is at their door step? The reasons are so obvious.

Again, cars of today are no longer just metals welded together, they are a intelligent mobile rodents and with what INNOSON is chunking out there is no way it would capture 1/4 of even West Africa. This is why the government needs to step in with cash and policy to get INNOSON to begin to invest in research, laboratories, personnel ( I mean global experts from around the world not just local brains that is still using anvil in the workshop) and cutting edge assembly plant to optimise their production.

1 Like

Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by Onlytruth(m): 1:02am On Jan 10, 2014
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhKNtgj77Pw

Drone (UAV) Made By Nigerian Airforce

Omo, I fit use catapult sef down that thing. grin grin
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by Onlytruth(m): 1:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Anyway, let me summarize and leave:

GOVERNMENT BUSINESSES DON'T WORK IN NIGERIA.

NONE OF THEM WORKED IN 50-something odd years since Nigeria's independence.

Nuff said.

Signing off,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth cool cool cool
Re: NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production by manny4life(m): 1:06am On Jan 10, 2014
Onlytruth:

Omo, I fit use catapult sef down that thing. grin grin

The thing is small o, I was thinking it was huge when I saw it in pictures embarassed embarassed

Guess I was wrong, but there's hope sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Governorship: Street Campaign & Rally For Aregbesola (pic) / FG Sacks 16,000 Resident Doctors / Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.