Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Rationality/irrationality Behind Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rationality/irrationality Behind Fasting (438 Views)

The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) / Sprat Society For Promoting Rationality |society Rationality | Rationale | Ratio / Religion And Rationality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rationality/irrationality Behind Fasting by Chaleeee: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fact 1: your brain uses a quarter of the energy your body produces, shortage of this energy affects productivity of the mind.

Fact 2: starvation can lead to headaches and general body weakness.

Fact 3: extreme hunger can result in hallucinations.

------------------------------------------

The Redeemed Christian Church of God have embarked on a 100day fasting and praying. During this period, the three facts stated above are bound to happen.

Starting with fact 3, I have never seen a rich man dressed in flowing agbada seeing "vision" and knocking his head on the floor in the name of prophesying. This act is left to the straggly-looking, overzealous, brethen-in-the-lord-I-need-your-help people in the church. Now, I posit that what they see as visions and prophesies are actually hallucinations caused by the self-imposed hunger that their pockets can't even abate even if they want to help it.

From fact 2, I posit that what Christians actually see as demonic attacks that are using incessant headaches/migraine to make them abandon their "course of battle" is actually a symptom that their brain is dying from lack of nutrition.

Glaring is the effect of Fact 1 on our society. Most Christians would naturally expect to be cut some slack (or would cut it for themselves) in their workplace when the effects of hunger take their toll. Ineptitude is promoted and productivity is simply cut short as an after effect.

.....there, I just analyzed one of our problems for 2014.

(1) (Reply)

Satan Intimidates / Why Do You Still Pray Before Leaving The Church After The Pastor's Grace? / Man Of Valor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.