Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects (706 Views)

Court Orders Release Of Jonathan’s ADC / 165 Projects Ready For Commissioning In Akwa Ibom State Before Gov. Akpabio Exit / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects by iconize(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has directed the immediate release of a fresh batch of over 165 persons apprehended by security agencies in connection with the onslaught on Boko Haram terrorism in the North East States of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States.
A statement signed by Major General Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information said, “Over 165 persons apprehended in the course of military operations on terror in three states in the North-East are to be released from custody in compliance with Presidential directive”.
“The suspects are those earlier recommended for release by the Joint Investigation Team, (JIT) set up by the Defence Headquarters last year”.
“Of the number, 157 are from facilities in Borno, 9 from Yobe and one suspect from Adamawa”.

File : Boko Haram suspects paraded by the police
Olukolade recalled that other detainees, particularly women and children have benefited from similar gestures which started in May last year.
“More suspects in this category are also to benefit in the present exercise” he said.
“The suspects will be released to their respective state governments”.

Re: President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects by buskie13(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
Uncle Jonah

You'll continue come 2015....

Naija needs FRESH AIR....

If you dont like it.....you can as well GO AND DIE!!

Mods,,,,.pls take this to frontpage.....

First to comment.....*singing lekwa ukwu*
2014 is great...i only need 14 likes to to celebrate...
Mods,,..pls do de needful...

In Jonathan's voice....*GOD BLESS NIGERIA*

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
@Ndu-chuks..,now that two out of three of your demands have been met, what do you have to say?

But honestly, I insist the refineries should be sold. If it can't be done this year, then it should be done immediately after the 2015 elections.
Re: President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects by nduchucks: 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: @Ndu-chuks..,now that two out of three of your demands have been met, what do you have to say?

But honestly, I insist the refineries should be sold. If it can't be done this year, then it should be done immediately after the 2015 elections.

This is why I continue to say that GEJ's handlers are incompetent and should be replaced before they completely ruin this good man. Instead of releasing 165 of these prisoners, most of who are teenagers and women, held for over 6 months without charges, the President should have ordered the release of ALL such prisoners!

If he had done that, coupled with the announcement of very elaborate compensation for these victims, I would have been more impressed. The President's handlers continue to miss opportunities for very significant wins. Eitherway, I acknowledge the President's goodwill gesture.

I also agree that refineries should be sold, but not to the cronies of the Minister of Petroleum, who did not see it fit to discuss the potential sales with the President. Government should not be running corporations and should focus on governance. I believe all corporations, including NNPC, should not be run by government agencies, just as public for corporations, should not be running social welfare programs.

Just look at the photographs of these kids!! They are nothing but victims who should compensated.
Re: President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects by holyvirgin: 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
ndu_chucks:

Just look at the photographs of these kids!! They are nothing but victims who should compensated.
Oh please shut it already, so because they are "kids" they all should be released without proper investigation?
Those who parades themselves as boko haram are not above the age of 25, the same age range with the ones about to be released. Why not ask GEJ to withdraw the troops @ maiduguri so that you bittered souls will be happy.
Re: President Jonathan Orders Release Of 165 Boko Haram Suspects by pandriod: 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
PDP = Boko Haram.

Boko Haram = PDP

(1) (Reply)

2015: Hurdles Before Tinubu In Delivering S’west To APC / Politice / Clerics Oppose Proposal For Churches To Pay Taxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.