Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Oh God Please Sos From The Nigerian Police Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh God Please Sos From The Nigerian Police Force (1570 Views)

Sos From Students Of Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Umudike / SOS From Nigerians Onscholarship In Russia / Sos From Ikorodu Town Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh God Please Sos From The Nigerian Police Force by rhamz: 3:03am On Aug 11, 2008
The Nigerian Police force slogan is “To Protect and Serve with Integrity” but what many don’t know is that it includes “To Harass and Embarrass”. In as much as i know the police are for the prevention of crime and enforcement of law, these group of people in Nigeria are annoying human beings given legal powers by govt who prefers to ignore the officers (97% of the police force) whose behaviours do not conform with wat they stand for.
The masses are on their own (OYO) and that is why so many pple ave different stories to tell abt the Nigerian police force. Recently I ave been asked new embarrassing questions by these officers.
(1)From where?
(2)Where u de go?
(3)Wetin u wan go do 4 der?
(4)etc

I ave also been harassed lately. I was stopped at a police check point and the officers were only interested in searching my wallet, pocket, phn contacts and phn text messages not even the vehicle’s documents. After some argument with them i let go of my phn only to be asked ques like
(1) Who be dis person?
(2) Which work dis person de do?
(3) How u take know dis person?
(4) etc
Then I began to wonder if this is a new technique of fighting crime or it is a new silent directive from the IG to start harassing pple especially males (boy, guy, man).For years I ave knwn the police of asking ques like
(1) wetin u carry?
(2) Where ur particulars?
(3) Where ur fire extinguisher?
(4) Where ur C-caution?
(5) Where ur engine number for dis motor?
(6) Etc

It’s like they no longer get “KOLA” from asking these again so they ave resulted in harassing, embarrassing and even provoking the civilians instead of begging for alms like they are used to. Recently a friend of mine was detained for “assault of an officer” after he was slapped by the police officer and he retaliated. His house was searched before he was released on bail. He was charged to court but we settled out of court becos in Nigeria the police is always right and they are always above the law. There numerous cases of pple being killed indiscriminately everyday by the police officers and the Nigerian Police Service Commission does nothing to address this. We are at the mercy of GOD. Now pple don’t even know when to stop at check points anymore becos the police and thieves now ave the same mode of operation. We sure need GOD to SOS from the hands of the Nigerian Police force.

Re: Oh God Please Sos From The Nigerian Police Force by ifyalways(f): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
I find it difficult to believe that NPF now go through ppls phone during stop and search undecided shocked shocked shocked
its so ridiculous and unbelievable shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Moderetor Ban Beaf Jere. Nusanti Ni / . / Omo Agege Betrayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.