Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria (2882 Views)

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) / Top 10 Next Rated Artistes In Nigeria / List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria by Jessicablo(f): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2008
javalove:

Hmmmm @YourFather

From your last post, i can deduce there that your definition for originality has to do with lyrics. In that case, i can list some niaja artistes too who because they don't make club tracks, they have been blacklisted (modenine). Not just him, some good nija artistes too don't get airplay because d songs are not club bangers. Ask a nigerian when a song becomes wack, what u will probably hear is because u can't dance to it.

Lots of nigerians don't pay attention to lyrics and that is what in most cases defines an artiste, what he spits. Why is everyone screaming Asa's name on forums and in the medai.? How many of her songs can be danced to? How many can e played in the clubs? For the first time, every nigerian celebrated skill, in place of bling bing and all them bullshits we got now.

Modenine's got mad ass lyrics that makes one thinks. Asa's got same. Beautiful Nubia's got same and a few rappers. However, in the RAP category, modenine stands tall. In RnB, there r a coupleof them too.

I'm so happy now that we are all reasoning. A time will also come when "A-kong b kong ileke konga ajupapapapa tipatipa ajupapapapati sita, dagadigi dagadigi gbagan gbanga --mmaagammmaaaga digin daga" will not be heared anymore.

I rest my case grin

@yourfather
i disagree with you
for God sake, music is business if i want to make music i have to understand the trend of music my audience want.u cant blame nigerians for thinking that way.why did everybody liked "In da club" back then it was becos was a club banger. so modenine or whatever he is called should try and understand he's audience or they will judge him wrongly. simple
Re: Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria by YourFather: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2008
Jessicablo:

@yourfather
i disagree with you
for God sake, music is business if i want to make music i have to understand the trend of music my audience want.u can't blame nigerians for thinking that way.why did everybody liked "In da club" back then it was because was a club banger. so modenine or whatever he is called should try and understand he's audience or they will judge him wrongly. simple

J, we are actually saying the same thing please read my post again.

Mode needs a club banger no two ways about it!!!!
Re: Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria by bodemoses0: 5:32am On Aug 25, 2008
Those who have posted for or against fake nigerian artistes are all right, in the time of ours now, no one wanna hear you sing "Why" by Enitan, All they wanna hear is jupujupu jigbin jigbin, magamugunkerekerkkdiiufu and all those nonsense, For the very first time, Nigerians appreciated a real talent (ASA) and (Nice), I use to know durella as a very good R & B singer but now, he's just left with no option than to join the band which the people wanna hear, Who here wants to listen to Segun Obe "The Price", Rather we'll go for samboribobo , Itumo? But me know say Nigerians who traveled abroad so well would have been to high class night clubs where no gbo gbo gbo songs are being played, Aside, slow pops, classicals, souls, and sensible hip-hop, Such as Mayan Night Club in Los angeles, dont know when nigeria will advance to that stage, clubs isnt meant for being so raw,
Re: Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria by bodemoses0: 5:34am On Aug 25, 2008
Talking of Real Naija hip-hop stars, A talent worth appreciating is GINO , Yes Gino.
Re: Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria by javalove(m): 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2008
Jessicablo:

@yourfather
i disagree with you
for God sake, music is business if i want to make music i have to understand the trend of music my audience want.u can't blame nigerians for thinking that way.why did everybody liked "In da club" back then it was because was a club banger. so modenine or whatever he is called should try and understand he's audience or they will judge him wrongly. simple

Music is business I agree.

I love rap, but I'm doing it strictly for pay checks - Modenine

Are u sayng what modenine is doing would not bring him glory because he doesnt do a club banger? Are ou saying he has no fans that gbadun him solely for what he is doing? Does ASA have a club banger? Its time u guys learn to accept modenine for who he really is. He's a lyricist, poet, the william wordsworth of out time grin

You cant set a standard by saying, if he doesnt do a club track, nothing for him. Take that back, spit it out man. Mode is real, in the roots of RAP and i guess that is still strange to us in this country. Upon all criticisms to do a club banger, the bob still dey firm with wat he believes in. For Durella switching his cool RnB style to jargons, for 2Shots to switch from real Hardcore RAP to the Alaba style (which aint bad at all) shows they dont really believe in their skill (my opinion).

Abeg make una leave modenine alone ooo. He's the only one in this category. Anyone willing to join him?
Re: Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria by YourFather: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2008
Guys, in the sprite of what this Tread stood for in the begining, can we just keep a perspective here.

Fake artiste = Presenting something they are not, see them in big car in video and they don't have a car to call their own, Repping something that is foreign to them, no skills.

So we come to Mode 9 (whose track Green passport is just heavy, and I urge everyone to have a listen), when I say Mode needs a club banger, I am not saying he does not know what he is doing, I am suggesting in order to reach a wider audience, a song you can play in the clubs or parties will go a long way. And I pointed to the Jzay example here, All my fav Jzay tracks, I am sure a lot of people don't know them, tracks like "you must love me", "song cry", "lost one", "take over", these are not the club tracks but deeply thoughtful ones, a lot of people buy his albums based on the party jams and in the process get educated through it.

Durella switch from RnB to jagons, a comment that has no merit, Durella still sings RnB (Love queen of my zanga) and to call his other songs jagons is just retarded!!! The flow, the lyrical content, WOW!

Too Short, simply looked at his market and fine tuned his delivery for them and yes he did a good job at it.

Language does not come into it when we talk about been real, its more how you deliver it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MUST READ!!! Top 10 Super S*xy Female Artistes In Nigeria. / Download Saweetie"icy" EP Zip / New: Wande Cole - Who Born The Maga & Kiss Your Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.