Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, (2820 Views)

Thanks 2 everybody det wan 2 buy dis Reg Eod V6 2005 4 Sale @950k SOLD SOLD / Clean Naija Used V6 2005 Accord Ex(fully Loaded)with NAVIGATION 870k Only / Just Arrive Tok's Of Honda Accord V6 2005 ( Pix Attached ) 1.7m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by samstels: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2008
Please
The big dealers in the house can any one help with the price of Freelander v6 landrover

Infact ,i saw one recently and would like to go for it,also how rugged is the car and as well maintenance wise
Hope the parts are available.

Jenju,Inspired,Viperman and fotodaddy plus all other auto gurus please help

Urgent!
Re: The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2008
I have no idea what they're worth.

One thing I do know is, the V6 K-series Rover engine is best avoided.
Even I4 K-series Rover units are woefully unreliable here in the UK, and once they go bang, they're mostly scrapped.

I shudder to think how a Nigerian mechanic in Nigeria will respond to a broken K-series.

I can only advice, but it's up to you to decide if you're willing to take the plunge.

Are you?
Re: The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by Delta007(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2008
If there's a recommendation to make, I'd say stay away from the Freelanders. Problematic junk. I understand it's well loved in Nigeria. However, if you are bent on a '05 Freelander, why not shell out a little more for an '06 LR3 (I dont knowabout their reliability, but they look alot better and obviously newer than the freelander)? The Freelanders were discontinued in '05 and replaced with the LR3s. If you need a smaller SUV,you cant go wrong with a CRV.
Re: The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by samstels: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2008
Siena:

I have no idea what they're worth.

One thing I do know is, the V6 K-series Rover engine is best avoided.
Even I4 K-series Rover units are woefully unreliable here in the UK, and once they go bang, they're mostly scrapped.

I shudder to think how a Nigerian mechanic in Nigeria will respond to a broken K-series.

I can only advice, but it's up to you to decide if you're willing to take the plunge.

Are you?

Thanks siena,I do not think the plunge is worth taking,i will settle for toyota.To avoid wahala!
Delta007 link=topic=159498.msg2647131#msg2647131 date=1218565095:

If there's a recommendation to make, I'd say stay away from the Freelanders. Problematic junk. I understand it's well loved in Nigeria. However, if you are bent on a '05 Freelander, why not shell out a little more for an '06 LR3 (I don't knowabout their reliability, but they look alot better and obviously newer than the freelander)? The Freelanders were discontinued in '05 and replaced with the LR3s. If you need a smaller SUV,you can't go wrong with a CRV
Delta007,
Thanks,but i never liked Honda,though one of these days i will give it a trial.
Re: The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2011
Haba!! Why so much bile for the '05 Freelander, I also want it bad, baby looks good, drives well - please give me statistics that this baby is not good value for money undecided
Re: The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by sexylogan(m): 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
^^^guy, everything they've said is true, believe it or not. I for one was so much in love with freelanders that i have over 100 wallpapers in a folder in my laptop solely dedicated to them. I had intended to buy one early next year but i read reviews that saddened me deeply. The most common petrol engine of the first gen. Freelander is a 1.8l engine that was made wit a carbon alloy head gasket that usually blew wen the ride had clocked 50-70k miles. Other common problems are thermostat failures, water pump leakages etc. The cars also had a device called a Viscous Coupling Unit or VCU that's responsible for the cars' all wheel drive fxn but this gets thick over time (tho there's no way u can watch this btw) causing the gears to crunch and he transmission chain all the way to the rear axle to go. There's even a car review expert that claimed that the car series have 18 or so factory design faults that wer never addressed. If u r still in doubt, just google 'land rover freelander problems' and see for urself.

However, if u are like me and still intend to forge ahead to by this fine looking ride, then i advise the following
- avoid the petrol engines esp. V6 and the 1.8 l petrols. Buy the 2.0 diesel because it was made by bmw and has significantly less problems tho diesel is more expensiv than petrol sha
-buy a 2005 model because by then, ford had taken over the rover franchise and some faults wer said to have been addressed
-don't buy a naija used freelander.
-read up online about freelander problems so u hav a feel of wat cud go wrong and decide for urself if u can handle them if they wer to occur.
Cheers.
Re: The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:43am On Jul 21, 2011
^^^ Thanks, I will pray hard and either go for the 2005 Freelander or 2006 M Class 4matic
Re: The Price Of Landrover -freelander V6 2005 Model, by sexylogan(m): 11:11am On Jul 21, 2011
^^^go for the benz m class if u can afford it. The 2006 model is a good one becuz mercedes had sorted out reliability issues of earlier m class models by then. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna 2001 Model For Sale @amazing Priceā€¦1.3million! / Clean Toyota Camry 2.0 Xle (orobo) / Urgently In Need Of A Hyundai Elantra 2010 Model (brand New)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.