Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 (1133 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by cjloejade(f): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2006
England Vs Germany World Cup 06

Head to head with England and Germany? How will fans react and who's the better team?
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2006
Germany 2 England 1
England have no forwards anymore, any decent team should place a strong defender to silence rooney, isolate Crouch upfront, man mark Joe Cole and don't give Gerard a single shooting chance and you will beat them at least 2 goals!
Germany have fast forwards that will destroy England's back 2 (terry and rio), no neville means caragher can be easily beaten. Ashley Cole has trouble getting back to defend a counter attack and can be exploited.
England? No midfield, let them keep wasting their talents keeping BOTH lampard and Gerard in the same midfield. To get the best, keep lampard firmly glued to the bench, bring in hargreaves as holding midfielder and gerard up front, lennon playing outside right and you have an english team that just might threaten.

England bet? Will be out by the quater finals.
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by cjloejade(f): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2006
oooooh! sum ones a mr know it all haha. you good at football then? you seem to know what your on with!
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by mukina2: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2006
gERMANY will win cuz if england does shocked shocked shocked shocked :onoises noises noises undecided undecided undecided
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by hucarson(m): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2006
England will demolish the Germans.
Germany hasn't been tested yet.
They have played wack-ass teams all through.
I dont really see the Germans getting past countries like Argentina, Holland, Brazil or even Ivory Coast.
Germany to be eliminated in their next match.
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2006
and it's the english that have been tested all along right? The simplest test would have been Sweden, they bungled it! Against Ecuador they showed that a full strength super eagles will take them to the cleaners. Bar the free kick they offered nothing else
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by jgirl3: 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2006
We can as well start saying good bye to the Germans. The only thing that will obstruct the English is if they play the kind of crap they played in their first half against Ecuador. They need to brush up their communication skills. Apart from that, Germany is done
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2006
England have been playing crap from day 1. i was not surprised at the level of their game. my only surprise was they managed to scrape through with a clean sheet

Poor "world class" players!
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by hucarson(m): 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2006
I dont care as long as they win.
Its better a team plays crap and they win than playing to the gallery and lose.
P.S. England conceeded 2 goals against Sweden.
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by cjloejade(f): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2006
Im with enlgand all the way for the simple reason that i am enlish. but its nice tyo see people from the usa backing us. grin so cheers for all the support! CUM ON ENGLAND!!!
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by mukina2: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2006
wait ooo egnland has to go past portugal first so dont start countin ya chicks oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by babwilms(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2006
England getting to the final or beating Germany can be compared to me playing in the next worldcup. England is the most over rated team in this worldcup and they are boring to watch. I always fall asleep when watching them play for some reason.

Unless Sven Goran Eriksson follow the analysis given by Davidylan. Play Lennon, bench Lampard, bring on Owen Hagreves, Joe Cole should not under use Ashley Cole on the left flank and finally keep the ball on the grass and a bit of help from Babalawo. Then they might just!! have a chance of getting to the final or beat Germany.
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by cjloejade(f): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2006
Well if you dont liek england, dont watch them!
But trust me, this time its our time and we will go far!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by babwilms(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2006
@cjloejade. Don't get me wrong, I do like the English team, but they really need to improve to beat the likes of Germany, Argentina, Brazil. You can see from my above post, I made suggestions on how they could achieve this.
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by cjloejade(f): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2006
i agree, just very patriotic haha!
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by otokx(m): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2006
i doubt if either germany or england will win the cup; germany however will beat england anytime in the year 2006.
Re: England Vs Germany: World Cup 2006 by Priscila(f): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2006
Am rooting for England to spank Prtugal and then Argentina hit Germany
People I dont know like Klose are even named top scorers so far. very annoying

Rooney rooney
one day AKola said he has street boy manners and I reckon him right to say so.
Since he went into fits just because he was substitued with Gerrard who scored I will give him benefit of doubt.
Slamming people with shoes allover was not expected of him.

Cristiano Ronaldo is so far a cry baby. wonders will never cease

(1) (Reply)

Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup / Most Valuable Player Of Ghana 2008 / Help! Lawn Tennis Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.