Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Help: I Have A Uk Degree - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help: I Have A Uk Degree (992 Views)

Tailors/seamstress And Seamster Wanted To Work For A Uk Business / The Chartered Institute For IT - Earn A UK Degree In IT / 4 A Fresh Graduate: Contract Job With Oil Coy Or Straight For A Uk Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Have A Uk Degree by MeDay07(f): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2008
I'm a Uk student. Precisely, I have been here since I was 13 am now 20. I really want to work in Nigeria after my degree, I have heard of how difficult it is to get a job in Nigeria But, I mean to be honest, It isn't that easy here either- Probably even harder. Infact, it might surprise you to know that being here after all those yrs I dn't gbadun this country 1 bit. I mean, I came up with a silly idea of studying for my masters at home (@ UNILAG), I really do not like the UK! So can some1 pls help, just advise me on what to do.

*How easy is it to get a Job with a UK degree (BSc Social Science)?
*What companies should I apply for jobs in?
*How soon should I be applying for these jobs? I graduate next year!
* And what is the country like now. Will I be able to cope (This is the most important one)?

PS: am realy being serious I need a major Help

Thanks in Advance
Re: Help: I Have A Uk Degree by jaybee3(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2008
register with careers in africa
banks, multinational companies normally hold a 3 day recruitment event at the excel centre in london annually so if you can cut it then it might be your best bet if you don't want to risk going to naij without an MSc and a job (remember naij have a lot of graduates (u just need to see the numbers of application they receive for mere open positions) and in order to stay above 'em levels you have to have some sort of MSc).

With reference to your course, you might probably have to dive into something else because i am not sure a course like that will thrive in naij

Any plans for nysc? heard this is still very much important. i had to turn down a very good company because of the mandatory nysc stance.

all the best though.
between make sure you get at least 2:1 in your degree
Re: Help: I Have A Uk Degree by MeDay07(f): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2008
Thanks for that. I actually gt a 1st for 2nd yr opefully i'd shud get a 2:1 atlast and yeah i'll make sure i go om for nysc!

that was helpful, thank you
Re: Help: I Have A Uk Degree by Jascobee: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2008
DONT SHOW UR FACE IN MURTALA AIRPORT WITHOUT A MASTERS OR MBA because IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT GETTING A JOB WITH JUST UK 1ST DEGREE, IT'S GOING TO BE REGARDED AS THE SAME DEGREE WITH NAIJA ONES[believe me}
i had my 1st degree in accounting in naija b4 bagging my MBA in MANCHESTER BIZ SKOOL.i came to naija immediately and it still took me about 7months b4 i got a job in one of the foremost banks in naija,

if u have MBA or M.SC in UK,nobody would really ask for ur NYSC but without masters,dem go ask u ooooo
Re: Help: I Have A Uk Degree by kadman(m): 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ MeDay07

Listen very well to what Jascobee has said,don't dare come here without an Msc degree,you would NOT get a job. After grad take an Msc in a Business course - Marketing, Managment or Human Resources. With an Msc in one of those,you don't even need to do NYSC, it's 100% sure you would get a good job in a bank here.
Re: Help: I Have A Uk Degree by dada77: 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Jacobee, am not trying to be nosy or funny,but i believe our comments here are seemingly anonymous.I would like to know how much you earn @ the moment in that naija bank after your MBA @ MBS.I did my BSc. in Psychology @ OAU IFE and did an MSc in Analysis and Intervention in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities @ Univ. of Kent, Canterbury.Actually i am looking forward to somehow a career change and i look forward to working in the banking sector in naija. Please advice, i dont mind an MBA, or what do i do? What are my next steps?

I am currently living in london.

Thanks
Re: Help: I Have A Uk Degree by Jascobee: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2008
@DADA77,
what do u mean my comments are seemingly anonymous?because i had an MBA and working in a bank ?u mean i should have have attached my photograph and contact details just to show i am not anonymous?how many users in this forum do u know personally?learn how to use english properly my friend.
back to your question, i didn't have any banking xperience, i only had 4 years experience but not in banking and that made them to price me very low. I am currently getting about N3.5m but would definitely move after 2yrs to another bank, your M.sc in that intellectual disablity or whatever would not really fetch u anything here in naija, it's only marketable in the UK, u need an M.sc IN BIZ RELATED COURSES or MBA.
hope i have answered your question?U can reach me on joebell4life@yahoo.com
Re: Help: I Have A Uk Degree by IncaGold(m): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Jascobee,
Is 3.5million a lot of money in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

First Bank/ Insourcung: Any News? / Oando Test/ Bank Phb / Get Unilag Msc. Mech Past Question Free(i Wont Pay For Your Photocopy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.