Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,747 members, 7,862,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

Destiny At Stake - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Destiny At Stake (929 Views)

Discovery Air Is A Joke;avoid It At All Cost Except Having Noting At Stake!! / Pls Help On A Destiny Decision. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Destiny At Stake by mekaboy(m): 2:14am On Aug 15, 2008
A Young mans Destiny is astake, pls advice!

A young Nigerian guy, finished secondary school years back, could not afford the university, was sent to serve an uncle in business for 6 years, after the six years the uncle decides to settle him with cash as usual, the young boy says he wants to travel to london to school, instead of accepting the sum of 2million naira, which is (8,000pounds) . Now his secondary school friend who is studying in london from a wealthy family is telling him to come that he will make through school.

Now he finds a college in uk that offers a university degree, in the 3rd year, the fee is 3000pounds a year, now if he pays that and ticket, by the time he gets to london, he will have about 4000pounds left on him, this could take care of his accomodation for a while, some people advice him to go outside london, that london is quite expensive, some say he can get more employment opportunities in london.

some tell him to invest that money in business that he can never make it through school while working as a student, that students are allowed to work 20hrs a week and there is no way he can pay his fees and take care of his living from that.

Please your advice is highly needed. is the risking of traveling to uk with 4000 pounds as a student worth it?
Re: Destiny At Stake by bubble34: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2008
Well, it is not bad to school abroad! And i know a couple of people who schooled abroad and are doing very well.In this our current world, with the realities on ground. i will advise you to become familar with the internet ad learn how to make money from there and set up yourself an online business that way you can both work and school with ease. It is no long easy to get jobs on the streets of London now! I know i have been there and back.

Bub

(1) (Reply)

Tourism In Cross River State / Nigerian Corpses: China Gives Dec 15 For Cremation / Meet People In Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.