Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain (2103 Views)

1 Bedroom Flat To Let At Tropicana Estate / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / 3, 2, 1- Bedroom Flats In Jabi Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by grandstar(m): 5:19am On Aug 15, 2008
Dear Naira Chiefs.
We are in collaboration with our partners based in the U.K are offering this deal of a life time!

A 1 bed flat with a tenancy agreement if place for 3 years. The market value is £60,000, but we have negotiated a discount of 25%, which nets out at 45K.

The monthly rent is £500, and the tenant will pay the rent yearly in advance, so once we complete the transaction, the buyer will recieve £6,000 immediately.

The property address is, Mellish court, Bletchley, Milton keynes, buckinhamshire, MK3. It is about 40 minutes drive from london and is a perfect investment.

with £6,000 coming back immediately to the buyer, they are only shedding out £39,000 in real terms. Its an absolute bargain. we will manage the flat for them and make sure that everything is running smooth.

Seller will prefer cash payment as the mortgage process takes up to 6weeks.
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by naijacutee(f): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2008
Sir, it is 2008. How can the market value of any house(or even shed) in the UK be estimated at £60,000? I'm watching the UK property market and am very very puzzled by this - but I'll put it down to me not understanding you correctly. Please could you explain the whole process in plain terms :

[list]
[li]How much is the buyer expected to pay for the house up front? £45,000?[/li]
[li]And then the buyer receives the one years rent in advance (£6,000)?[/li]
[li]Does this then mean that the rental price (as indicated by the contract) is fixed at £500 a month for 3 years?[/li]
[li]After 3 years what happens?[/li]
[li]Are you, as the house owner, available to view the property with the prospective buyer on request? I'd expect that anyone looking to invest £45,000 into property will be wise enough to sacrifice £700 for a plane ticket to have a look at the place.[/li]

[/list]
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by Passion774(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2008
This to me is not real, in London people to not pay 12 months in advance. Please claify how the buyer will get six grand immediately?

For verification, can you send me the address?
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by folarina(m): 1:30am On Aug 16, 2008
This absolutely Bull shit **** ,this person is a fraudster in training !

''Seller will prefer cash payment as the mortgage process takes up to 6weeks''

90% of the property acquisition in UK is by mortgage .I have only one word for this fellow and it is 4 Q !
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by gbengaijot(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2008
@naijacutee, i doubt if this is real ( I stand to be corrected tho)

1. In this age, i doubt if you could get a flat for 60 thousand pounds in milton keynes. However, the credit crunch could be a good reason for a downturn in the property market.

Also, NO one, i repeat, No one deposits one year rent in advance. Where do you want them to ge tit from?
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by grandstar(m): 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2008
You guys, thanks for your responses! I am quite glad they came in.

It is my colleague in the U.K who gave me the brief and I will inform him of your complaints.

About 700quid coming to the u.k, there isn't any need for that as my colleague who resudes in the U.K will get across to you. He is trustworthy.

Have a pleasant day!
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by komekn(m): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2008
The market value is £60,000,

?? lots of ?? caveat emptor !!!

Whats the valuation on this property big doubts, Who's the agent? Full address ? Freehold or Leasehold? Surveys ? etc, etc, etc
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by grandstar(m): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2008
Dear Guys,
Pls read below the response of my colleague based in England. I hope it all makes sense now. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Firstly, the milton keynes property. The property has an open market value of 60k, thats the price, if your clients believe it or not believe it, thats there issue.

Secondly, the chap that wants to fly in to view the property, thats fine, just let him know that there is no garauntee that the flat would still be available when he arrives.

As for the rent issue, yes in the UK, normally rent is not paid a year in advance, but in this case it is because the person selling the property, owns it and has mortgage problems and thats why he is selling, but he will continue in the property as a tenant for 3 yrs.

After 3 years it will be reviewed, but he is signing a 3 year contract.

As for the legality of the deal, property transaction in the UK is done through solicitors, and they are regulated by the law society, what that means is that nothing illegal can go on with a property purchase.

For the chap that doesn`t believe that a 1bed ex-local authority flat can be worth 60k in bletchley. Please ask him if he has ever been to bletchley before, or why doesn`t he go on the internet and look at prices for 1 bed, ex-local authority flats in bletchley
[b][/b]."

He was quite displeased at the name calling etc. It was totally uncalled for. Its basically a sale and lease back.

If you are interested in the transaction, do let me know.

Ari,
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by Arctic(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2008
I can see that a lot of people talk without having made any attempt to research or found out for themselves.

The main question is the state of flat and what part of the area. if it is a run down council estate you could get if for that price or maybe less.

Click on the link:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/action/publicsite.PropertySearch
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by gbengaijot(m): 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2008
@grandstar, the email response you posted on here solves it. Its true that if you sell your house and lease it back, you could pay as much as a year rent.

bletchley is very close to Bedford, and i have visited that place quite a few times before. having a one bed house in bletchley should not cost more than 70-80K so i'd say its not bad.
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by folarina(m): 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2008
@ grandstar

It is all your fault undecided undecided undecided

Your post had incomplete information initially !

What they are trying to arrange for you is possible but just be extremely careful !

If the present owner is having problem with mortgage how can they afford the Rent

With Flats you usually have to pay Ground rent & service charge ? This is around £1200 - £1500 pa so you need to budget for that as well.

Also for the fact that the transaction is passing through a UK Solicitor does not mean that it is fraud-proof .You will be shocked at what happens in the UK ( solictitor or no sosolicitor ,we are all human beings and laliableo be tempted by money.
law society is only a regulatory body and not a law enforcement ,they can only strike the sosolicitorff the book but they wont recover your money for you.

All the best mate.
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by gbengaijot(m): 11:47pm On Aug 20, 2008
@folarina, i dont think we should crucify grandstar for this.

if you cant afford to pay your mortgage, its possible to pay for one year rent, simply because when the house is sold, the seller will still have some money left, after the bank has taken their own balance.
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by folarina(m): 12:03am On Aug 21, 2008
@gbengaijot

Good thinking smiley smiley smiley

I didn't think of it that way BUT that will be under the assumption that the present owner does not have an existing mortgage or a secured loan on the property !
Also with the news about house prices in UK ,lets hope the property is not in negative equity .

My brother there are too many ifs ,

My advise if that let him do a due diligence before going ahead with the transaction , to me this looks like a get rich scheme and they always backfire .
I have been victim of a few of those schemes ie pennywise , pyramid etc
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by grandstar(m): 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2008
Thanks all of you for your understanding.

God bless you all. I have taken note of all you said and will implement them.
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by naijacutee(f): 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2008
Thanks for clearing up the matter, Ari. I do apologise for insinuating that you were being fraudulent. However, the initial post did not carry enough justification for the price and terms which immediately began to ring bells. I take my assumptions back, and I will withdraw my comments on the other thread. I may also become your customer :-)
Re: 1 Bedroom Flat In Milton Keynes For Sale. Excellent Bargain by grandstar(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2008
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Buy a plot of land for 500, 000 and spread the payment over 18 months / Building Plan Registration And Approval Cost In Lagos? / For-sale ****5br Bungalow @ Medina Estate****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.