Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,412 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. (2528 Views)

Pls!! How Do I Unlock My Airtel Modem( 3g And Wifi) From Huewei / My Window Keep Updating Whenever I Switch On/off My Computer System. / Wifi From Laptop To Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 3:05am On Aug 16, 2008
Water poured on my system and since then using the Fn+F2 buttons never puts on the wifi/wireless. I can't recall how i switched it on from the control panel months ago.

Please i need ur assistance in this one. It's Vista edition.
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by DualCore1: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2008
use the on-screen keyboard bundled with windows XP

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Accessibility >on-screen keyboard

alternatively u can get a usb keyboard and do u thing.

however way suits u better.

then again, u can check around ur lappy, there should be a switch, knob or button for the wireless.

Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2008
D second time helping me. Thanks, smiley

But the funny thang is that they don't resolve them, undecided. I can't find the Fn key.

There isn't any switch/knob. That's how it works for major laptops without knobs.
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by DualCore1: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2008
Which of d keys really have d problem? The Fn or the F2 key? Nd whts d lappy model?
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2008
Sorry for getting u mistaken. I meant i can't see the Fn key on the on-screen keyboard.

Tell me that if u can.

Thanks.
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by DualCore1: 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
yea i understand. . . i'm asking, on the lappy, is it both keys tht aint working or one of them?
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2008
Dual Core:

yea i understand. . . i'm asking, on the lappy, is it both keys that aint working or one of them?

The Fn Key works but don't know bout the F2.
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by DualCore1: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2008
then i think this should solve ur problem

Run the on-screen keyboard
Hold down the Fn key on ur laptop and then click the F2 key on the on-screen keyboard.

lets try tht. smiley
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by DualCore1: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2008
Dual Core:

[s]then i think this should solve your problem

Run the on-screen keyboard
Hold down the Fn key on your laptop and then click the F2 key on the on-screen keyboard.

lets try that. smiley[/s]
erm. . . sorry this wont work tongue, just figured something out. u still havnt said the name and model of the lappy.
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 11:48pm On Aug 20, 2008
um, just dis Dell Inspiron 1501.
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by zaibatsu(m): 12:33am On Aug 21, 2008
Similar to the previous poster's solution, go to Control Panel, click on Ease of Access Center, click on Start On-Screen Keyboard. When the keyboard comes up, click on the Windows key and then click on the letter X. This should bring up the windows mobility center. Click on turn on wireless network in the dialog box that comes up.
Best of luck!
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 11:21am On Aug 22, 2008
Guess it isn't best of luck for me, undecided

It's like the box is chopped of or something cos i can't find turn on wireless, only presentation, display etc,

Thanks mayne, know have given u guys headache especially Dual Core. Appreciate.

I think i get a better system,
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2008
To Dual Core.

Please how did you paste that On-Screen Keyboard in your post.
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by uspry1(f): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
Here are few pics of Dell Inspiron 1501 keyboard:

[img]http://www.laptopcity.eu/laptopcity/catalog/images/i6400_keyboard.jpg[/img]

[img width=660 height=502]http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/18109.jpg[/img]
Re: Please How Do I Switch On My Wifi From The Software. by xJaysonx(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2008
Thanks ma'yme.

Can u please paste your windows mobility center page? Let me see if mine is displaying the right thing. . .

I will appreciate. wink

(1) (Reply)

Who Wants To Swap Internet Device (starcomms For Visafone)? / Hp Pavilion G6 Laptop / Laptop Skin Needed Urgently (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.