Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! (1270 Views)

Until Those Who Financed Buhari’s Election With Public Funds Are Charge.. Fayose / Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA / We Have Identified Banks Where Stolen Funds Are Deposited – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by boladez(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2008
I watched in Shock and Disappointment as Uduaghan who I thot was a different Governor launched some brand new Taxi's at Asaba last last week (See link). The money going to the Niger delta is not grossly insufficient, but the leaders of the Niger delta at all levels are simply thieving bastards who have NO PLANS for the people. Please tell me how brand new taxi's would influence the generality of Deltans when

Roads are in a deplorable state
The level of insecurity is alarming - Remember the Governor himself was attacked a few weeks back
No power / no water / no jobs  / Overdependency on oil revenues etc

http://www.deltastate.gov.ng/governor'spix.htm
CLICK AND SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK previous TO VIEW THE SHAMEFUL SIGHT

I expect Uduaghan to have learnt from Odilli's shallowness when he wasted funds on taxis in Rivers. One would expect government to buy tractors or fertilizers or hybrid seeds or fishing implements to stimulate self employment rather than these uunsustainabletaxis

Militants and all those agitating for the Niger Delta should look inwards and fight their own leaders before they go to the Federal authorities on a common front. If the entire budget of this country is given to the niger delta with the current crop of leaders, NOTHING WOULD BE DONE!!!! Odilli is a pprovencase of that. If they held the nations budget iI'msure they would buy microwave for homes to "show their commitment to the people" as they always say unwittingly.

It makes no sense to me for a man who cannot feed himself properly to be enjoying a =N=2.9m vehicle.besides most reasonable leaders like Fashola are thinking of MASS transit (private driven BRT and Light rail) to reduce traffic congestion and eemissions

Uduaghan , you've lost focus!!!!!!
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by otokx(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2008
it is a pity
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by tpia: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2008
@ boladez: would you prefer the governor do nothing at all?

whatever he does, it seems you'll still be annoyed in any case. undecided
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by yongbabe(f): 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2008
Nothing is nor will eva b enough
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by jumobi1(m): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2008
its a good step but busses would have been a better investment, He is quite daft I.M.O.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by Queenisha: 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2008
what is wrong with a governor initiating the provision of Taxis ?
do you know how many deaths and  amputees we have in Nigeria from Okada rides?
Or have you seen the moving coffins we call taxis in Nigeria?
The kind that you'll be riding and seeing the main road beneath you while sharp dirty  springs are poking you in the buttocks
The man should be commended jo

Boladez and his twin jumobi abeg be quiet.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by Queenisha: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2008
jumobi1:

its a good step but busses would have been a better investment, He is quite daft I.M.O.

Only busses
how about bussssses?

1 Like

Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by Queenisha: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2008
what we should be concerned about is the maintenance of these vehicles since that's a culture foreign to Nigerians not asking how relevant they were.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by Ibime(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2008
Which Governor is not stealing money?. . . . .EFCC should crack down on these Naija Delta governors and stop holding the people responsible for their theivery. . . it is not militants job to fight these governors. . . they are PDP governors and Federal Govt should be responsible for their thievery. . . militants job is to fight federal govt and not get sidetracked by bloody internal conflicts. . . . that is exactly what the federal govt would prefer. . . .Amaechi said the other day that he has N100Bn to spend on Rivers State but cannot spend it because of the poor security situation. . . .so we at least know the reason why we are not seeing much development.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by obandy: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2008
The poster of this topic is rigth. This cars are not bought for public use but are use as a compenciation to all the election rigging mercenaries and the governors allies. The WORSE nigerian governor former gov. Peter Odili PURCHASE more than 2000 of this same automobiles but as we are talking now even one is no longer being sighted in the streets of porthacourt. poeple ve all change their colours and are using them as private cars. SHAME ON THIS POLITICIANS, GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF THEM FOR THE COMMON MAN.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by mcduru(m): 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2008
whatz up qeenisha
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by boladez(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2008
Queenisha:

what we should be concerned about is the maintenance of these vehicles since that's a culture foreign to Nigerians not asking how relevant they were.

NOW you are getting the point!!!!!!!

Queenisha, how many of these schemes of Government at local or federal level have been successful , Govt should "facilitate" by providing Infrastructure, leave the businessmen to provide the taxi's and buses.

Let me give you an example - If you travel along Benin Ore route , you would observe that there are both new and rickety vehicles. Each traveller will go for one he is confortable with. Government does not need to be involved to provide good cars on the roads. They can set standards so that its not an all comers business.

If government must intervene; let them provide light rail service and lease to the private sector, not buying cars that will end up in people's garages like Obandy mentioned.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by kevd2: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Queenisha, I respectfully disagree with your opinion that he should be buying or maintaning buses, if the average Man were empowered economically he would no have to choose an okada,this idea of providing temporary solutions instead of attacking the main problem which is poverty by wealth creation is just one of the endless and unproductive approaches that our leaders always use to address poverty in Nigeria.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by cescky(m): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2008
Queenisha link=topic=160635.msg2665859#msg2665859 date=1218909334]
what is wrong with a governor initiating the provision of Taxis ?

do you know how many deaths and amputees we have in Nigeria from Okada rides?
Or have you seen the moving coffins we call taxis in Nigeria?
The kind that you'll be riding and seeing the main road beneath you while sharp dirty springs are poking you in the buttocks
The man should be commended jo

Boladez and his twin jumobi abeg be quiet.
[/quote]

my friend shatap, the basic necesities of life ( food,clothing and shelter have not been met and ur there talking about okada)
if the so called taxis phases out okada,do u know the amt pf criminals that the state will have.[quote author=kev-d:

@ Queenisha, I respectfully disagree with your opinion that he should be buying or maintaning buses, if the average Man were empowered economically he would no have to choose an okada,this idea of providing temporary solutions instead of attacking the main problem which is poverty by wealth creation is just one of the endless and unproductive approaches that our leaders always use to address poverty in Nigeria.

u could not have said it better. i think these governors gain economically,financially etc from the poverty of this nation(may be spiritaully too tongue na naija be this any thing goes,them govnors dey too evil) remember fani kayodes statement?

the just need to provide nepa, light ,power generation plants or boost up their useless phcn ,plus other basic infrastuctures and a secured environs.

some one mentioned fashola . . . . . well he's trying but left to me he's misplaced his priorities,planting flowers all over lagos state its like changing ur suite to a very clean one and and ur undies are stinking.what happens to all the gradutes parading the streets of lagos day and night? how many of them have turned to armed robbers and are terrorising the state? good job fashola but flowers aint edible o! plus its expensive to maintain
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by deor03(m): 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2008
How sustainable is this programme? Most of this rulers are short sighted.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by boladez(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
Where are the Delta Taxis today and what value has it added to the economy of the state. ...............Tractors would have delivered value
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by AJpikin: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
Thing is same Gov. bought quite a few some years back they are all dead now most of them anyway. He initiated a new transport system giving d buses to cronies to manage. Delta line the state owned line is dead n buried. I don.t have any qualms with how he chooses to run the transportation sector but he should realise that is not d only problem the state has while at it his cronies should construct the roads the buses will ply on. No one minds so long the roads are there. For the records uduaghan is a Don key.
Re: Niger Deltans See Where Your Funds Are Going! by Murphy7h4: 2:14am On Jul 23, 2012
Good point

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: Chris Uba Has 25 Security Details! / Great Opportunities Ondo State Is Offering Her Youth / Between Ndlea And The Recruitment Exercise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.