Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph (3104 Views)

The Fuel Consumption Of My Car Already 3.2l / 100km !!!" (fuel Saver Shark) / Nairalanders I Present To You This 2015 GX460 With 100km Mileage / Honda Steering Vibrates At 100km/h? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph by darqly(m): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2008
The steering wheel just shivers in my grips whenever I hit 100km/ph. Do i have anything to worry about?? And de steering veers left when I hit the brakes as well!
Re: Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2008
Vibration at certain speeds is usually down to a buckled, or unbalanced wheel.
It could also be down to a damaged tyre, i.e out of shape.

The steering veering to the left could be down to a partially seized brake caliper.
Re: Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph by sultaan(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2008
For the brakes, your rotors might be warped, have them resurfacedand put new pads, your tires might be unevenly worn , so you might have to change them, if not have it balanced, rotated and get an alignment.
Re: Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph by fotodaddy: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2008
Go to your mechanics. So many things could be responsible; wheel balance might be off, wheel alignment might be off, even uneven air pressure!! what ever the case, it could lead to trouble for you if it gets worse unexpectedly.
Re: Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph by Ivvie: 6:28am On Aug 19, 2008
`
Re: Help! My Car Vibrates When I Hit 100km/ph by darqly(m): 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ All thanks for de bits and pieces!

I just backed out of a friends driveway(On Sunday) to embark on a 285km trip to my base and voila, my left front ball joint collapsed and the axle gave way, leaving the tyre askew! It was horrible, just the thot of what if I had been driving at even 60km/hr, made me realize how blessed I was to get away with just a dent/tear to the lower panel of the car and me intact!

I still needed to make de trip, so I called up my mechanic who screwed the whole thingy up again, and I travelled albeit cautiously.
Steering still veers to the left and I really hate using different mechanics, so I may just wait till I travel or plain have the mechanic travel down and fix up de car.
Thanks a bunch guys!! wink

@Ivvie, I bought the car used, but can't get a history report first, my bad! U hit the nail on de head though. Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Lucida Space Bus For Sale 750k / (Reduced) Registered Honda Accord (eod),2005 Model,good Condition,in lagos N1m / Neatest Ever Reg , Neatly Used 2009 Honda Accord For Sale 2.1 Mil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.