Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27286 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2008
You cannot separate miracles from God's dynamic word. Man's wisdom and the play of religion are void of Power. God's Word in the heart and mouth of a believer will always produce God desired results which are signs and wonders(Miracles) to mortals(Men). We serve a resurrected and living Christ. Glory to our Lord JESUS CHRIST! You're blessed by His Spirit Via His WORD. HALLELUJAH!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fotodaddy: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2008
hubreality:

If u walk in love, u will pray 4 your brothers and dwell in Love. This is your primary assignment. Minus it, be u anything, the eternity in Christ will elude you!

Tolded them.

Some christian think they can do the job of the Holy Spirit and even fight for the All Mighty God yet they refuse to show love even to their brethren talk less to unbelievers. They put a label on themselves 'Born Again Christian' and forget that in the early church, it was the unbeleivers who first used the word Christian when they saw the believers DEMONSTRATING love, not verses or fighting the the Jewish leaders.

Black man, so even after Jesus don shine light for you, you go still dwell in darkness.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by more4dlord: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2008
Dont judge or say babbling word against the man of God . guide your tongue , your heart with all diligence for out of it are the issue of life.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2008
hubreality:

You cannot separate miracles from God's dynamic word.

No one is disputing that.

hubreality:

Man's wisdom and the play of religion are void of Power.

Very true

hubreality:

God's Word in the heart and mouth of a believer will always produce God desired results which are signs and wonders(Miracles) to mortals(Men).

Might I add MIRACLES WHICH ARE GENUINE, not LYING SIGNS AND WONDERS which our Lord Jesus Christ warned us about.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 26, 2008
Africankel:

Did you ever read in your bible that Jesus needed to be BORN again?, (Too big for the religious mind to comprehend). Yes! Jesus became born again the moment God raised Him from the dead, Acts 13:33, Revelation 1:5, Ask yourself, what is Christianity? Is it a religion? What is a religion? Why in the world did Jesus come? (John 10:10), What did He (Jesus bring?)

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

How does this say anything about Jesus Christ being "born again"? Perhaps the portion is confusing you - but do you really understand it? Take a look at a similar verse John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

That was well before the death and resurrection of Christ so when did your own Jesus (for He cant be the same one preached by the bible) become born again?

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

How did that verse talk about Jesus being born again?

Do you TRULY understand what it means to be BORN AGAIN? Go read Christ's treatise to Nicodemus again - John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

In essence, a man is born again by the SPIRIT (Holy Ghost indwelling in the believer when He accepts Christ as his Lord and Saviour) and of water (water baptism). Its impossible for verse 5 to have applied to Jesus Christ because verse 6 CLEARLY DOES NOT. Christ was not born of the flesh . . . He had no earthly/fleshly FATHER!

Learn not to just swallow the nonsense your false pastors tell you at the pulpit.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2008
[color=#000099][/color] My dear Paulipopo, Miracles that came out from the demonstration of God's Word and His Spirit can only be TRUE! If the Spirit of Him that raised JESUS from death dwells in you, you will pray by the Power of the Holy Ghost to multiply His Grace on Pastor Chris and many other anointed men and daughters of God all over the world. The devil is defeated already! This is not the play of theology, religion and it's politics!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by noetic(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2008
hubreality:

[color=#000099][/color] My dear Paulipopo, Miracles that came out from the demonstration of God's Word and His Spirit can only be TRUE! If the Spirit of Him that raised JESUS from death dwells in you, you will pray by the Power of the Holy Ghost to multiply His Grace on Pastor Chris and many other anointed men and daughters of God all over the world. The devil is defeated already! This is not the play of theology, religion and it's politics!

but i m sure u have a problem with TB Joshua`s version of miracles,,,,, right?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by uchmangrt(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2008
hubreality:

hubreality honestly that was a good one. God bless you for that insight.
Most times people pursue shadows instead of the real thing. Imagine somebody castigating past Chris because of his hair do not minding souls that are being transformed via God's word.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by james1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2008
Hi.
There have been miracles when word of God is preached in spirit and truth.
That is not to say that some miracles in many Nigerian churches aren't intricate set-ups.
There are fake prophets all over the world.the US and Nigeria is loaded with them.
Pray my brethren and use your head.the guide book for christians clearly stated it:in the last days false prophets shall arise,misleading even the choosen ones.
Use your brains and ask God for understanding lest thou be mislead.
If u shyne your eyez well nobody go fit take u 4 a ride. wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Bluesteps(f): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2008
Paulipopo
you seeems to have answer to every1s question.
I sorry for u sha.
u are headed for the pit and u think u are smart.
omosheeeeeeeeeeeee ooooooooooooooooooooo.
Pity to say the least.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by kamken: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2008
paulipopo

ARE YOU BORN-AGAIN AND PLS WHERE DO YOU FELLOWSHIP,PLS JUST WANT TO KNOW
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2008
hubreality:

I don't seem to understand what you are saying here.

Can you please be plain.

What do you mean by "If the Spirit of Him that raised JESUS from death dwells in you, you will pray by the Power of the Holy Ghost to multiply His Grace on Pastor Chris and many other anointed men and daughters of God all over the world."

Are you trying to entangle unrelated issues together? please be precise.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 11:49pm On Aug 26, 2008
This write-up is meant to explain the following:

1. My intention, desire and motivation for pointing out the phoniness of Mr. Christian Oyakhilome.
2. Give an assessment of arguments from all sides.
3. State the essence of my post

My Intention

Of course like I stated at the start of my post “make no mistake in misinterpreting this write-up as an attack on Chris Oyakhilome it is not but rather a true description of a man so many people adore”. I wrote my initial post to point out what I knew him to do that ran contrary to the word of God.

My Desire

My desire was and still is to WARN as many people as possible of this development.

My motivation

My motivation comes from my personal experience, my love for fairness and my love for my country. I shall explain shortly.

1. My personal experience in the hands of fake pastors has been a most excruciating one. Not only have I found out that many of them are inhuman and wicked, I have also found out that they are not so easy to spot by most people who are heavily weighed down by human problems such as poverty, unemployment, need for a life partner, promotion in their workplaces, search for fruit of the womb, prosperity or success in life, sickness and diseases among many others.

You may ask why Chris Oyakhilome? Why not someone else? I chose him because he is the biggest example of what I call Holy Businessmen. He runs programs on almost every television station I know and these programs are watched by people who are heavily weighed down by human problems such as poverty, unemployment, need for a life partner, promotion in their workplaces, search for fruit of the womb, prosperity or success in life, sickness and diseases among many others.

Even though he is moderate about the way he goes about preaching these messages, the fact still remains that his messages move many who do not take time to check the authenticity or truth of such messages when in actual fact his messages or the messages of any man of God should be weighed against scripture and read honestly and faithfully. Of course, the ignorant, faithless and gullible will have a hard time doing this that is why another option exists: to warn them of what is really going on and not to keep quiet like some have insinuated on the guise of “Judge not the Lord’s Servant”. Sadly even these class of believers have quoted Paul out of context i.e Romans 14: 4 when verse 5 – 10 explains judging others to mean judgement relating to the way in which people honour God.

2. My love for fairness. Let me state that my future is in Nigeria and nowhere else hence anything that affects my future is my concern. I really hate to see a situation where unsung heroes are either maltreated or despised whereas crooks like politicians, Holy Businessmen or fraudsters who all have stupendous wealth to their names are being looked up to by youths. The consequence of something like this is a bleak future which sadly involves me. Don’t expect me to just keep quiet and say nothing.

3. My love for my country. I am not trying to say I am a saint, nor am I implying that I have a spotless character but I will rather die a poor master in my country than be a rich servant elsewhere. If I truly want the best for my country, then I must make it a priority to speak up and face the consequences for doing so. That is exactly what I am doing and please see it as that.

An assessment of this write-up

Let us start by examining the various arguments against my Post.

While I anticipated opposing views I never expected them to be so fanatical, pointless and emotionally charged as they turned out to be. Even though I feel bad about this I still have no regrets for doing what I did. I have carefully observed that all those who spoke vehemently against this post except for fotodaddy, are apologists of Chris Oyakhilome or members of Christ embassy. No surprise anyway it is only natural that things like this happen.

One particular fellow, fotodaddy who made no sensible comments wondered whether it was my concern if he (Oyakhilome) deceived others. He wondered why I did not “ leave the man alone and thank God say e never dupe you” implying that we ought to keep quiet and not warn gullible, ignorant and faithless people who are easy targets for false prophets while they feed fat on them. Equally worth noting were his attempts to quip up unnecessary sentiments and endless bickering by the fact that he failed to drive home any point without insulting, castigating or playing ‘honest observer’.

Another, baby5 a lady just went on without stating why Chris Oyakhilome was not a phoney. All she did was exclaim “Pastor a phoney, well I for one do not believe it” and “get yourself a life”. Bluesteps her ‘sister-in-christ’ asked me to “look at your life and look at pastor Chris’ life. Is his life not beautiful?” Well being someone who doesn’t judge by appearances all I can say is I don’t Know! But this I know anyone, that includes Bishops, Pastors, Priests, General Overseers etc that does anything contrary to the will of God as contained in his Word cannot possibly be of God. Her herd mentality was also noticeable when she argued that “Christ Embassy is waxing stronger” and asked me to “join the train”. As for joining a train I need to be sure of its destination before joining. Is the Christ Embassy train heading for Heaven or Hell? The answer to this should determine whether anybody joins eventually and not because a large number of people belong to that train. Not forgetting Pepeye whose only contributions were “phoney Thread” and “this thread was started by a retard and is full of retards”.

Others like Africankel and Donnie tried to play bible scholars by often using biblical verses or religiousity to make pointless arguments which only goes to show that either the messages they have listened to all these years when their so-called man of God served the Lord ‘selflessly’ were baseless, false or heretical like I stated or that they themselves are taking after their pastor in the art of misapplying scripture for selfish reasons.

Getting entangled in arguments with people like these can be a horrible experience for people who only want to state things the way they really are.

Then they are the moderates to also consider. I liked the maturity of hubreality who did not debase himself like some others especially fotodaddy, baby5, bluesteps, Africankel, Donnie, pepeye and dudu-bobo. He spoke brilliantly a couple of times on the need to ‘love ourselves and to pray for pastor Chris’. I wish he could only see that I am not against doing such. Nwakaibe and de also spoke moderately against my post.

For those who argued similar points with me, they seemed honest. They did not speak because they had anything against Chris Oyakhilome but because they refused to be mesmerized by his antics and herd mentality which most of his supporters have fallen into. My only grudge will be with poetiklas who was a bit harsh on the man.

Then they were the neutrals as well. I mean those who either did not comment or whose comments did not categorically support or oppose my arguments.

To State the essence of my post

Before God and man, one thing remains outstanding and binding and that is the truth. While some may claim to be ‘born again’, Christians or believers yet there seems to be a wide gap between what they claim to be and who they really are. Hence it becomes extremely necessary to check (test) and ensure that anybody who claims to be of God is really of God 1 John 4: 1 – 6.

If we do not do this, what right, have we to ask if false prophets exist. Why would Jesus Christ warn us about the end times, false prophets and lying signs and wonders? Why would he ask us to be as gentle as doves but as wise as serpents when he says “behold I send you out as sheep among wolves” if he does not want us to be on our guard against the enemy?

Or should we rather argue that heaven is meant only for us (so-called born again, Christian, believer etc) and as a result the simple at heart, faithless and ignorant, who Jesus Christ described as my Sheep, (John 10: 11, 16) be left in the hands of raveneous wolves? Can our Christianity be so callous as to be this indifferent? Read 1 Timothy 2: 4.
While we may say pointing accusing fingers at one particular person is wrong because it may tarnish his/her image I beg to differ because we must choose between pleasing men who in any case are ungrateful, selfish and worldly or speaking and living by the truth which is what will set us free. Are you called to do the bidding of another man or abide in the way of truth? Ask yourself that question. Would you rather please God or man?

Anyway I am not trying to preach to anybody, but this mass movement of men of God followers must be warned and asked to prefer serving God than doing the bidding of their pastors. That was the essence of my post and not the ranting, un-informed claims of some that I have something against Christian Oyakhilome.

Thank you.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 12:50am On Aug 27, 2008
I do not walk by sight but by His Spirit. Talking and criticizing pastor Chris is not a news. This is not the preaching of the gospel and saving of souls Jesus commissioned you, if u're full of the Holy Ghost! You can only discern things of the Spirit by the Holy Ghost. Beware of the seeds u're sowing for harvest time is sure for every sower! I tell u by the SPIRIT of GOD that God is pleased & backing up His word so mightily as the man declares.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 1:06am On Aug 27, 2008
hubreality:

I do not walk by sight but by His Spirit. Talking and criticizing pastor Chris is not a news. This is not the preaching of the gospel and saving of souls Jesus commissioned you, if u're full of the Holy Ghost! You can only discern things of the Spirit by the Holy Ghost. Beware of the seeds u're sowing for harvest time is sure for every sower! I tell u by the SPIRIT of GOD that God is pleased & backing up His word so mightily as the man declares.

At this point there is nothing more I have to say.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 1:33am On Aug 27, 2008
If the Spirit of Him that raised Jesus from death dwells in you, you will know that u're now powerful than the devil. You'll also know that miracles are very easy and so real when faith is activated in the heart and mouth of any believer. You see, u need to have this mindset that u now have all the abilities of Jesus Christ to do greater things than He did while on earth(John 14:12) because of the availability of His Name,the Word & His SPIRIT.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Okijajuju1(m): 1:41am On Aug 27, 2008
hubreality:

If the Spirit of Him that raised Jesus from death dwells in you, you will know that [size=18pt]u're now powerful than the devil[/size]. You'll also know that [size=18pt]miracles are very easy [/size] and [size=18pt]so real[/size] when faith is activated in the heart and mouth of any believer. You see, u need to have this mindset that u now have all the abilities of Jesus Christ to do greater things than He did while on earth(John 14:12) because of the availability of His Name,the Word & His SPIRIT.

Dude.
First of all I took the liberty to highlight all the lies, hypocrisy and deciet in post, and No offence, but If you actually believe any of the shit in your post, then you surely need psychiatric help. And fast.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fotodaddy: 6:46am On Aug 27, 2008
hubreality:

You got it spot on!!!

My question to this guy is, how do you make a personal judgement on a man only based on what you see on TV?? A man you dont know personally?? Ol boy, you get prblem!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 7:37am On Aug 27, 2008
The Word of God is alive, quick and powerful to cause any changes in life when your faith is at work! Let God be true and all men liers. JESUS is the Lord of Host. He did put us in charge and have given us(believers) authority over every other defeated powers in the universe! Glory! I got the life of God in me! The Lord will perfect all that concerns us in Jesus' Name. AMEN. I love you all!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fotodaddy: 8:39am On Aug 27, 2008
hubreality:

The Word of God is alive, quick and powerful to cause any changes in life when your faith is at work! Let God be true and all men liers. JESUS is the Lord of Host. He did put us in charge and have given us(believers) authority over every other defeated powers in the universe! Glory! I got the life of God in me! The Lord will perfect all that concerns us in Jesus' Name. AMEN. I love you all!

In other words 'GOD PASS THEM' grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2008
@paulipopo
I see you really took time to explain your point here and i sincerely appreciate your effort. i also agree with you on quite a number of issues that you have raised concerning how christianity as been highjacked by all sorts of charlatans. Infact i agree with you and know in my SPIRIT that pastor chris cannot genuinely be doing God's work. But personally i try to refrain form passing general comments on such people, i would rather take on specific issues to prove my point. I think the mistake you made is that you don't have any solid evidence of your allegation against Pastor chris hence you should have refrained from your post, you have only given his worshippers ammunition to attack you,( this is not to say if he was cuaght pants down on a woman, some of his worshippers would still not come to his defence). Anyway your point is taken i would also continue to encourage other christians to be vigilante, but please don't go about it the personal way except you have very obvious evidence. Shalom
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by dudubobo1: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2008
That was exactly what I said to paulipopo earlier.
He has nothing to substantiate his claim yet he is willing to shout it out from the rooftop.

@Paulipopo, Let every christian pray that God's kingdom will come and that His will be done on earth. Let Jesus alone take glory. There is nothing hid that shall not be revealed; even the contents of out hearts
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2008
@ Paulipopo, I have carefully read your latest post expressing your intention, desire and motivation for pointing out your so-called phoniness of Rev. Chris Oyakhilome PhD, .
Did You say you wrote your initial post to point out what you knew or (FELT) he was doing that ran contrary to the word of God?… The right tenses to use in the above statement is that you felt…because you know little or nothing about this man (Chris Oyakhilome)…The best you’ve seen of him is on TV or probably at the stadium when he held a crusade…

I quite agree that “ false prophets shall come in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” Matthew 7:15,…and many false prophets shall arise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.” Matthew 24:11-12.

It’ll be of immense help to you if you concentrate on your race and forget about what you think someone is doing that is wrong…Christianity is more than a religion…It is the showcasing on the life of God in the world… Sad to say, Religion is mere eye service.
I also noticed you said your desire was and still is to WARN as many people as possible of this development…Wonderful desire I must say, but you’ve really got to prove your point beyond all reasonable doubts about your claims…You also wrote in your first quote that you had a brother who was a member of Christ Embassy, but later re-traced his steps. (Is that correct?)… I quite respect the Law of human rights; it’s up to your brother to leave any church whenever he chooses probably because his spirit doesn’t accept the preacher’s message, but he shouldn’t in anyway try to convince people to leave such churches thereby insinuating some ominous attitude of the pastor…Please Don’t misconstrue my statement, I used your brother as an example because he claims to have been there, which presumes he might have fed you with some of the information you seem to have.

In perusing your article, I got a glimpse of a part that reads “My motivation comes from my personal experience, my love for fairness and my love for my country. I shall explain shortly.
1. My personal experience in the hands of fake pastors has been a most excruciating one. Not only have I found out that many of them are inhuman and wicked, I have also found out that they are not so easy to spot by most people who are heavily weighed down by human problems such as poverty, unemployment, need for a life partner, promotion in their workplaces, search for fruit of the womb, prosperity or success in life, sickness and diseases among many others.”

I could not help but observe that you are acting out of past experiences in the hands of false prophets… but all blames still point towards your direction, Reasons: only greedy people fall for the antics of fraudsters. Your greed and impatience might have pushed you into the hands of fake pastors.
Some people (like you) say “experience is the best teacher” …Sounds nice…but very untrue…You can live a victorious and successful life without going through any evil or frustration. We have been so indoctrinated such that we (the new creation) don’t know who we are anymore.

Talking about “people who are heavily weighed down by human problems such as poverty, unemployment, need for a life partner, promotion in their workplaces, search for fruit of the womb, prosperity or success in life, sickness and diseases among many others.”… I can say with all confidence that 98% of BLW members don’t fall in these categories… I didn’t need any of these before I went to Christ Embassy; I’ve been there for many years and I can tell you that I was one of many people that tongue-walked Christ Embassy in the past… My dear Paulipopo, I’ve met with this guy, I’ve known SO MUCH about him… such that I (and many others) can stake our lives to defend him. When I met him, though I was already a member of his church I declared like the queen of Sheba to Solomon “The half of it, was not told me.” I don’t need to refer you to someone else to know the impact of Pastor in his life… I’ll refer you to me, I am a witness! I don’t care how rich anyone thinks he (Pastor) is, it is part of the Salvation Package 2 Corinthians 8:9, and he is no exception! , I’ve also increased in my finances just in the twinkle of an eye.

At no time has he (Pastor Chris) asked anybody to pay for a house for him or buy him a car or even give him money to pay his kid’s school fees, he has also not at any time asked anybody to PAY FOR MIRACLES Talking about publicizing miracles, did you ever study in your bible when everyone seemed to follow Jesus because they believed he performed miracles?, People have to know what you believe…
In Mark 16:17, Jesus showed us how to know the believing ones.
Paul in 1 Corinthians 2:5-5 says “And my speech and preaching was not with enticing words of Man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of Power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”

Jesus said “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel (Greek: euaggelion, means good news) to every creature.” Mark 16:15 …What is good news? When you cannot show a sick man that Jesus can heal him, when you cannot give hope to the hopeless, when you cannot tell a sinner that his sin can be forgiven and he’ll be declared righteous?

Connect Matthew 16:15 and 1 Corinthians 2:5, You’ll read it to be “…Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power.”
Publicizing of miracles is not a factor of one’s phoniness, they’re only meant to stair up faith in the heart of the viewer…We’ve heard series of miracles that took place during a TV ministration…

RE: My love for fairness
“Let me state that my future is in Nigeria and nowhere else hence anything that affects my future is my concern. I really hate to see a situation where unsung heroes are either maltreated or despised whereas crooks like politicians, Holy Businessmen or fraudsters who all have stupendous wealth to their names are being looked up to by youths. The consequence of something like this is a bleak future which sadly involves me. Don’t expect me to just keep quiet and say nothing.”

Your statement above clearly shows your fears for your future, how does the business of so-called Holy Businessmen affect you? , Are they threatening your own business? Build a solid future for yourself and stop intruding in other people’s business, after all, none of them has called you up on the telephone to pay money into their accounts or pointed a gun at you for offering and tithe. If you think you cannot be brainwashed with their antics, then stay put to yourself and live the next man who is not complaining.

RE: My love for my country
If you love your country so much, do mind blowing things that will help build the Spiritual and Physiological aspects of its citizen, rather than sit and talk about someone highly regarded all over the world as a man of God… You might think you have supporters but make no mistakes about it… They have more supporters…2 Kings 6:17
You are not trying to say you are a saint? Boy! If you are born again, you are a saint. 1 Corinthians 1:2
No wonder he calls us Holy Brethren. Hebrew 3:1…
In John 1:45, although Nathanael doubted if anything good could come out of Nazareth, Jesus didn’t say, “look at you; can anything good come out of you?” No! He exclaimed, Behold and Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!”….Oh! I love Jesus!

Reading through the assessment of your write-up I observed your regrets about the fanatical and emotional outburst of some of the writers. You wouldn’t blame them for that, considering the fact that they’re mentally and emotional sold out to the vision of Pastor Chris. (Taking the Divine presence to the people and nations of the world, demonstrating the character of the Spirit)
I believe you will outburst in your emotion if someone walks up to you someday and say your mother is a prostitute, simply because they saw he hug a young man (Probably her relation) in front of a hotel. And practically accusing and insulting her without indisputable evidence…. Thus is the case of some of the writers whom you think had an emotional eruption. Not because they were angry over what you were saying, but because your accusations were uncorroborated.

At this point dearly beloved, I rest my case.
I love you so much.

God Bless You!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2008
Africankel:

, Reasons: only greedy people fall for the antics of fraudsters.  Your greed and impatience might have pushed you into the hands of fake pastors.

Partially wrong.

1.If someone defrauds me of 1 million or 1 naira because of my ignorance, it does not make me a greedy person.

2. It is not only greedy people that fall for the antics of some so-called men of Gawd. Some christians are brain-washed from the start and others are just too simple.

Cheers bru smiley
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2008
Hmm, that's like him. Hardly ever openly against the truth but always ensures that the atmosphere is conducive enough for his uneliever, carnal and atheist friends.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2008
@Konle
So u think you hv made a point by copying and pasting that passage of scripture? You did not think you should explain how those scriptures nullify the fact that until penticost, no one could have been born again.
The fact that you have never been taught the Word should not then mean that we all should dwell in ignorance like urself.

I can take u thru scripture upon scripture on what it means to be born again from the dead but i will rather not cast my precious pearls b4 swine.

@Davidilan
Now i see clearly where u r coming from. If you have eternal life in you, it wont be difficult to understand d dillema of the one without it and the compassion of christ towards them. But since u see no diference bw the christain and the unregenerated man. I need not say any further. My suspicions are confirmed.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ all who say Jesus was born again

Jesus was Never Born Again. This Fallacy from the Tele evangelist should stop now.

I will give one reason why I think Mr Chris is a Phoney. bible says we should be modest in appearance. What is african in his appearance. A jerry curled hair?

Some will say oh because of the hair? not just that when you are not like after your Kind you have a problem. If you read what the qualification of a bishop is you will know that Pastor Chris is a Fraud.

Any man can speak in wisdom. but the fear of God is the entry of wisdom. The Love for God is the final and end of a worshippers aspiration for a True God. Mr Chris is simply lost and his wisdom is confounded by the word of God.

Another Vary Clear example of pastor Chris is the xteristics you see in tele Evangelist. They worship themselves. The bible says that the Holy Ghost will come on a man and he will Talk about Heaven and Jesus.

If you listen to his tape you will see that that is not he does.

pastor Chris is in danger of hell and that is the painful part. he is leading many to hell and there is no saviour because He does not know the saviour.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Image123(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2008
@CE members
Thomas was not born again and Jesus was born again after His resurrection!
shocked shocked shocked shocked
My Lord and my God!

It is compulsory at this time to 'plead the blood of Jesus'

BTW,what happened to the popular 'judge' not threat.You just 'judged' Thomas and JESUS.

Thomas!! shocked A pillar of the church of God and one of the foundations of New Jerusalem.Why would a child of God say that a disciple of Christ was not saved,at least as at John 20?

The disciples believed in Jesus,were abiding in Christ,were clean,were friends of Jesus,had eternal life,kept God's Word,were not of the world.How can you say Thomas was not born again!! sad shocked

My Chineke and Oluwa redeemer!

Are you implying that the dead in Christ will become born again when they resurrectat the rapture? I'm trying to follow your Jesus born again logic here,but it seems like pure religion people like Apostle JAmes the Just and myself and co do not understand that.

What kind of revelation is this.I hope this is not taught in your church(Proverbs14v16).There is no buiding up or glory of God in this teaching.God have mercy.amen
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 12:50am On Aug 29, 2008
@Davidylan
Tell me,
now that you hv suceeded in not only demonstrating your need for the Spirit of the fear of the Lord in your life, but also the need for the eyes of your understanding to be enlightened by the Spirit of understanding. Jesus said, you err for you know not the scriptures,
Uinderstanding does not come by studying the scriptures in an academic way like many of you do. You may have studied philosophy and learnt how to quote scriptures but all these cannot show u God. He reveals himself to those he has called and chosen and in them he manifests his love and power.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 4:48am On Aug 31, 2008
To be born of water is not the same thing as being baptized in water.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2008
Bro donnie you’ve got time for Spiritually uneducated men and the Pharisees of our days, they ‘ll always be Far to see…living in acute sense of blindness and the funny thing is,  they think they know wink

All these things you keep telling them is too high for them and music to their ears, they‘re totally off the hook

Its written, But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2008
My dear sis,
It's even more difficult avoiding theses folks esp now that i keep getting notice of replies in my mail box. Imagine seeing 'Pst Chris is a phoney' again n again in ur mail box.
We can only pray that the knowledge of God's Word will increase with clear demonstration of the Spirit's power so dt there'll be a clear difference bw those who study their bibles with revelation and those who are mere bible scholars, confusing themselves and others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Distributes Relief Materials To IDPs In Maiduguri / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.