Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

For The Computer Gurus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / For The Computer Gurus (1711 Views)

Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? / Where Is Computer Gurus: How To Format "sata" Hard Disk In Laptop / Ode To The Computer (poetic Minds) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Computer Gurus by Bigpiper(m): 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2008
My roomie intensionally locked my IBM ThinkPad T30 2366 with a bios supervisor password and forgot it. I cant get into the bios or anything. I just turn the laptop on, see the ibm logo and then the little lock icon appears. Does anyone have any idea how to clear it? reach me on my enail address talk2chriso@yahoo.com. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by DualCore1: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2008
just a few steps
1. slap tht ur room mate angry
2. get the lappy and open it up (carefully)
3. look for the cmos battery
4. remove the battery, after a few seconds put it back in
5. put the lappy back together and power ON
6. if it works, show a tongue tongue to ur room mate
7. if it doesnt work, do nothing undecided

P.S: take all the above steps at ur own risk o.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by Bigpiper(m): 12:28am On Aug 18, 2008
I've tried it and its not working.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by DualCore1: 12:47am On Aug 18, 2008
Bigpiper:

I've tried it and its not working.
Step 7 angry cheesy

i didn't say u should remove the laptop battery o, i'm asking u to remove the CMOS battery, that one is on the motherboard.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by samir101ng(m): 12:54am On Aug 18, 2008
Haba. oga dual core grin grin grin You dey confuse the guy now grin grin grin Its not anybody that knows what a CMOS battery is.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by DualCore1: 12:55am On Aug 18, 2008
samir101ng:

Haba. oga dual core grin grin grin You dey confuse the guy now grin grin grin Its not anybody that knows what a CMOS battery is.
oya help me explain for am, i dey chop roasted plan . . . arghhhhhh oil don pour for ma keypad angry angry
nland must pay tongue
Re: For The Computer Gurus by Bigpiper(m): 6:17am On Aug 18, 2008
I know what a CMOS battery is and it been removed for the past two dayd because i was told by some people that if i should remove it long enough, the lappy will be restore to it's factory setting.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by DualCore1: 10:45am On Aug 18, 2008
removing cmos for a week and removing it for 10 seconds is the same thing tongue tongue
mehn we really need to do tht ur roommate something sha angry

meanwhile ur case don go from minor to major undecided

dude if u've got the liver to carry soldering iron touch ur lappy, try this http://sodoityourself.com/hacking-ibm-thinkpad-bios-password/

grin grin

just thinking . . . maybe flashing the bios can work too
Re: For The Computer Gurus by Bigpiper(m): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2008
I no get liver to carry soldering iron on my lappy o but i think i'll rather slap it on top and beneth. That should solve the problem. @dual core, thanks for tryn to help. At least u responded. My neigbour would be going to china for a weak. maybe he'll take it along for repai and refurbishing. Once again thank Dual Core
Re: For The Computer Gurus by DualCore1: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
Bigpiper:

@dual core, thanks for tryn to help. At least u responded. My neigbour would be going to china for a weak. maybe he'll take it along for repai and refurbishing. Once again thank Dual Core
cant remember ever telling u i waz helping for free angry
please be sure to pay ur billz by the counter on yo way out angry

erm . . . good thing u dont wonno solder tht lappy, wink
Re: For The Computer Gurus by ayobase(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2008
[color=#000099][/color]just go meet an expert!!
Re: For The Computer Gurus by burla: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
simply clear the CMOS or get a new hard disk!!! Your roommate is really wicked, lol
Re: For The Computer Gurus by DualCore1: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2008
burla++:

simply clear the CMOS
tht's wht we trynna do bro, tongue

burla++:

or get a new hard disk!!!
has nuffin to do with the hard drive. its a bios thingy cheesy

burla++:

Your roommate is really wicked, lol
hence the reason we gotto visit bigpiper so we can give his roommate a "treat" grin grin
bigpipper, address plz. . . tongue
Re: For The Computer Gurus by guysmat(m): 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2008
Before you solder you lappy, try your hands on "Active password changer"
Put it in the disc drive before booting.
It should do the rest for you.
Enjoy
Re: For The Computer Gurus by cybersleek(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2008
By now you must have realised that ibm bios locks are almost unbreakable. Either make your room mate remember it, or shoot him! either way, you are looking at buying a new lap top. Sorry mate!
Re: For The Computer Gurus by Mrtcher: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2008
Dual Core:

can't remember ever telling u i waz helping for free angry
please be sure to pay your billz by the counter on yo way out angry

erm . . . good thing u don't wonno solder that lappy, wink
9ja grin
Re: For The Computer Gurus by JIMMYCHU(m): 8:44am On Sep 09, 2008
make i put my mouth for this una case small,,,
That your roommate smoke dope when him lock that?
You need to report this case to john cina make him smack your roommate down
Anyways The only thin you fit do na to Flash Bios,
If e no work then Format!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: For The Computer Gurus by flynx: 7:21am On Sep 10, 2008
hey bro! ur system needs to be flashed bioswise
just that n u r free.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2008
'
Re: For The Computer Gurus by worm360: 4:28am On Sep 12, 2008
hey i can fix ya lappy 4 u but it will cut u jst a little token i have opened alot of them ok so contach me here nd i will give u d clue but u will pay 4 d services rendered

Re: For The Computer Gurus by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2008
You need to reset the jumper on ur board. Removing the battery alone will not solve the prob. There after slap ur roomie.

Cheers
Re: For The Computer Gurus by femzy(m): 2:54am On Sep 13, 2008
Biyi1471:

You need to reset the jumper on your board. Removing the battery alone will not solve the prob. There after slap your roomie.

Cheers

not all of em dey accept jumper reset, so as dual said much earlier its a major issue, only flashing could be his way out.
Re: For The Computer Gurus by darkside1: 7:45am On Sep 14, 2008
@postel Are sure its your room mate or they give you laptop to repair? Anyhw shall i go help you.
1. open the laptop after that locate the cmos
2. To flash a cmos is simple you would see a paper stick to it now remove the paper and expose it to light or sun light the cover it again.
it would be ok so turn it on and carry go for your lappi has been made whole
Halla me when you are thru
Re: For The Computer Gurus by Holyrule(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2008
@dark_side,
are you positive that exposing it to sunlight won't cause any damaging effect. And have you tried it before. undecided
Re: For The Computer Gurus by darkside1: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2008
very positive and yes i did it for laptop i expose it for long oh just like 3 second to a bright light. Thats one of the reason why they stick a paper on it

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can Help Me Unlock My Etisalat Moderm Mf 631 HSUPA / Microsoft Security Essentials Vs Avast Free Antivirus. / How To Identify Genuine HP Toner Cartridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.