Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc (1655 Views)

How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop / Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by barlery: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2011
Goodday,

i recently installed SUSE linux 64-bit on vmware on my laptop, which originally runs windows 7. i have some softwre on my win 7, that i need to transfer to my linux and install therein. i tried using a flash drive copying them out of win 7, and mounting it on the linux, but the process is quite slow, and even though i decided to wait it out it never really completes. pls i would appreciate it if some one with a better idea help me out.
Thanks
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by denzel2009: 10:54am On Jul 08, 2011
Drag and drop works.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by barlery: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2011
nope it doesnt work, i've tried that also, thanks though, any more ideas please?
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by denzel2009: 11:13am On Jul 08, 2011
It works for me oh. . . Anyway, you can install teamviewer on both environments and transfer files.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by tonyjobs(m): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2011
Hi Dude,

You may also try this:

a)

Make a 1 GB large file on a Linux OS with that command:

"dd if=/dev/zero of=1GB count=1000 bs=1000000".

It should have on a Windows system about 976,563 MegaBytes.

b)

Each virtual machine (VM) should have 1 NIC at 1 GBit/s.

c)

On Windows OS use shares to move the file from Windows to Sles and back.

Regards,
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by dellnet: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2011
barlery, since you don't like the first option (which is the simplest) the second option I would suggest is to use FTP within the network.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by jimblaze(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2011
you would have to install vmware tools on the guest O/S first which Suse ( go to the vmware manual for a detailed way on how to install it, which is quite straightforward) then after that you simply drag and drop!
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by dellnet: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
jimblaze:

you would have to install vmware tools on the guest O/S first which Suse ( go to the vmware manual for a detailed way on how to install it, which is quite straightforward) then after that you simply drag and drop!
Not across different platforms.

(1) (Reply)

New Ipad 2 With Wi-fi 16 Gb For N120,000, 32gb For N135,500 / Download Talkatone- Unlimited Free Calls And Texts / India’s Fastest Supercomputer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.