Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Accounting Package: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Accounting Package: (1411 Views)

Our Business Needs A Good & Affordable Accounting Package ! / Accounting Package Training For Job Ssekers And Managers / Sun Accounting Package: Anything Like That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accounting Package: by shanumark(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
Dear All,

My company is currently looking at the possibility of changing her accounting package (MfgPro) to something simpler, not Tally sha bu a package that can do the following:

Financials (AP, GL, AR etc)
Inventory
Purchasing
Sales
etc

Any idea would be very much welcomed.
Re: Accounting Package: by adekennis(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2008
my dear bro,i'll advice your coy to go for peachtree or quickbook
we are currently changing from Tally7.2 to peachtree 08 version
changing of package is not an easy task my bro sad
im still on posting angry angry angry
i don tire sef cry
Re: Accounting Package: by shanumark(m): 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2008
How strong are the controls?
Re: Accounting Package: by adekennis(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2008
well,im not that expert in peachtree usage,but i guess the controls are strong enough to run all
your programs.the only problem with peachtree which i observed is that it dosent allow double
or multi user in a module.what i saying is that in a situation where there are three or more users
when someone is using ledger, let assume you are posting in general ledger account or vendors account, it will not allow the other user to access the ledger without you quit,this just the only advantage av observed from it.
moreover,if it happens that you guys specialize on your posting,that is person posting petty diff from cheque
posting and all others modules, you wont av problem.op this help
Re: Accounting Package: by kiwi992(m): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2008
Hi,

My advice is nothing but SAGE.  It's a very good product and does not cost a fortune.  Very popular in the UK.

Sage Financial Controller, to be precise.  You can also get the Payroll add-on.

kiwi992.
Re: Accounting Package: by mitide: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2008
Ok i will recommend you talk to guys in APTEC to develop a customised package for u. What About that?
Re: Accounting Package: by Aristoto: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2008
Good accounting package depends on the volume of transaction in any giving organization, for eg, peachtree may not be useful in an organization that runs its transaction into 10 digits figures, whereas, tally can accomadate such.
Therefore, in choosing packages, put your volume of transaction into consideration.
Re: Accounting Package: by tbash: 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hi guys,
   i would advice you go for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
   I has powerful integrated features that covers various module such as
   Financials : General Accounting, Fixed Asset, Bank Management,
   Sales: Sales order Processing
   Purchasing: Purchase Order Processing
   Inventory : Inventory Management
   HR & Payroll: Payroll, Applicant and Employee Management,
   Project Accounting
   Manufacturing and of cause,  Administration for the IT guys.

One Solution , One database, Automated Solution, Powerful Performance.

for more info, : dial 08032475911
Re: Accounting Package: by akinoluyem: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2009
Hi,

Peachtree is okay for your company, I tell its very user friendly and can be seured (secrity)

It has the following included in its modules:

Financials: GL/AP/AR/Trial Balance/P & L acct and Bal Sheet/Cash flows/

Forecast: based on ur previously entered data

Payroll Solution

Inventory Management

Job/Project Management

Real Time/Batch processing

And many more

Just call Yemi on 08038346962 (www.yemi@myself.com) to give you more other details you need.

PEACHTREE is user friendly

You can also ask Yemi (number above) to send you a do-it-yourself manual that can be studied by u and get started as easy and simple as that
Re: Accounting Package: by akinoluyem: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
hi Nlanders,

I gave the number initially, well am giving below again with his email:

Contact Yemi on 08038346962, 08053614606, 08025673759, 08098 OLUYEM
Email: www.yemi@myself.com (this is an email not website)

To call in from outside his country, use +2348038346962, +2348053614606, +2348025673759, +2348098 OLUYEM

Apart from one-on-one training, he can send you a well-packaged comprehensive do-it-yourself manual on Peachtree Accounting, that you will read and practicalise, then become an accounting software guru.

I hope this help

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need You Guys To Help Me With Nnpc Aptitude Test Format Or Past Questn / Surveying And Geoinformatics Students And Graduates...itz Ur Forum / I Have 2.2 Bsc In Physics, How That One Go Turn Into Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.