Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nairalanders Beware! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders Beware! (6098 Views)

FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, Beware Of Sandra27, She Is A FRAUDSTER / Oyelami Ahmed Is A Fraudster!nairalanders Beware! / Nairalanders Beware! Razorr Impersonation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Beware! by whizzy(m): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2008
I implore nairalander to beware of some fraudsters using this forum as a means for spamming. They send u mails informing u they got ur email from Nairaland and that they need friends. Just watch it, he/she could be another fraudster. One contacted me with this mail.

Hi Dear,
Hopefully this mail will find you in a perfect state of mind and good healthy condition. I personally find your mail at Nairaland and i decided to drop you few lines just to say hi,I am looking for a long term relationship with someone who is kind who unerderstands the need to love and be loved. I want to have communication with you.
hope to hear from you soon
Regards.
Mina

Considering what a pretty girl she is (just check out her mid blowing pics), i replied with this.

Thanks for the mail, thats a nice picture u've got there. But i must observe that this mail was not sent to me alone, it was also sent to a buchyz@yahoo.com. How am i sure this is not another spam from a fraudster (sorry i mean no offence). What is your nairaland ID

And here is her/his own response to that

Hello my dear thank for your reply.

How are you today? I believe that you are doing well. dear sorry for contacting you this way ,but I guest its because I need a true friend, a companion, a life friend a loving and caring friend that's still very much friendly ,well am a very pretty young girl, dear colour or race does not matter to me but love and behaviours count so much to me. My dear thanks you very much again

Dear I am more than happy to read your mail today. My dear all i want is to move from here to any country by to have a good living.

Like I told you in my first mail, my name is Miss Mina Mby from Ivory Coast in West Africa. Presently I am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal's a result of the civil war going on in my country.

I am 25 years old girl 5'8" tall. My father Dr Saleeby was the personal adviser to the former head of state (Late Dr Robert Guei) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed him alongside with my mother.

It is only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country Senegal where I am living now. Please I will like to know more about you. Your likes and dislikes and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.
Wait for your reply.
Your Love
MISS Mina
Thank you for being my friend

Then i decided to do a lookup on her name, and pics guess what i found.
Check it out urself
http://www.delphifaq.com/faq/russian_marriage_scams/f1115.shtml?p=76

Re: Nairalanders Beware! by spikedcylinder: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2008
Awww. . . .they stole some poor pretty girl's pictures!
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by spikedcylinder: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2008
Wait o, is that the same girl in all three pictures?
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by gabelogan(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2008
the girl fine sha oh!!
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by whizzy(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2008
Na her beauty attract my attention too
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by lonelypal(m): 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ poster
I had a similar experience too but not from nairaland
i was able to detect d game from the first male the idiot sent to me

here is d mail sent to ma box after my first reply to her ' Hi, how are u stuff' d idiot sent to me previously

Dearest One,

I am more than happy in your urgent mail to my mail.How are you today? l hope fine.Mine is not too good due to my suffering condition here in Dakar Senegal.My name is Miss Lorita Weah, I am (22) years old, single and never married,  5ft 8 inches Tall, 55kg weight, black hair and brown eyes,l am from Liberia in West Africa and presently l am residing in a church Orphanage home here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.I lost my both Parents during this deadly Political War.That Damaged Thousands of innocent Souls in Liberia.My family was among the first target of the rebels because my Late father a Successful business and also a politician supporting the Present Government when the problems was about to start.Due to this all the members of my family was Murdered in a cold Blood and our family house was set blazed.I was Lucky and escaped death because i was in bordering when this deadly incident took place.
It is only myself who is alive now and l managed to make my way to a nearby country Senegal where l am staying now and never pray or think to step my legs in that bloody country called Liberia.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture.Hoping to hear
from you soonest. Yours Forever

Miss Lorita Weah

after checkin out her pics i asked myself why she was lookin so healthy in a refugee camp, lol
, i wished i was in there with her so i could look healthy also too, lol
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by lonelypal(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2008
check out the poor gurl's pics sad

Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Emperoh(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2008
Fact is where do they steal all these pics from
Ordinarily it will be very difficult to reconcile the picture and the situation the supposed refugee.
19 boys will stop at nothing to make money.
Thanks poster. everyone just gotta be alert

Seun should also help protecting scams thru Nld.
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by MrCrackles(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2008
It is becoming annoying with the influx of fraudsters and scammers on this forum

May they all never know peace! iseeee cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by wilfred84(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2008
omo na woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah wonder shall never end in this country of ours, imagine yahoo yahoo guys taking innocent girls pics to scam people, na only God go help us for this country.          AMEN
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2008
You guys should just tell ur stories without including the pics of this innocent girls. We'll undastand.
Otherwise, more scammers could easily get these pics and might as well use them for other scams.
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by lexicon(m): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2008
Emperoh:

Fact is where do they steal all these pics from
Ordinarily it will be very difficult to reconcile the picture and the situation the supposed refugee.
19 boys will stop at nothing to make money.
Thanks poster. everyone just gotta be alert

Seun should also help protecting scams through Nld.

I owns a cyber cafe and i know there secretes they get all this pics from some sites which i will not  like to mention  
here. DONT GIVE ANYBODY UR CREDIT CARD/ATM DETAILS.And dont send money online to anybody !!! its all fraudulent act. they have soo many format they use.this is just two out of there 1000000 format. be aware !
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by konkocious(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2008
i think say na only me but e be like say na true, this stupid thing dont don mail me twice telling some stupid story this is her last mail i mean the recent on but earlier she mail me with another name in February calling her self Miracle Ibra but now she is Lorita Weah she said she got my mail at something4single.com

[b]Dearest One,

I am more than happy in your urgent mail to my mail.How are you today? l hope fine.Mine is not too good due to my suffering condition here in Dakar Senegal.My name is Miss Lorita Weah, I am (22) years old, single and never married,  5ft 8 inches Tall, 55kg weight, black hair and brown eyes,l am from Liberia in West Africa and presently l am residing in a church Orphanage home here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.I lost my both Parents during this deadly Political War.That Damaged Thousands of innocent Souls in Liberia.My family was among the first target of the rebels because my Late father a Successful business and also a politician supporting the Present Government when the problems was about to start.Due to this all the members of my family was Murdered in a cold Blood and our family house was set blazed.I was Lucky and escaped death because i was in bordering when this deadly incident took place.
It is only myself who is alive now and l managed to make my way to a nearby country Senegal where l am staying now and never pray or think to step my legs in that bloody country called Liberia.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture.Hoping to hear
from you soonest. Yours Forever

Miss Lorita Weah[/b]
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by konkocious(m): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2008
if not for tout that said we shouldnot attach her pic she or he sent i would have upload it and this is the first mail she send in February with different name but similar story

[b]Dearst Friend
How are you nowdays? i hope fine,i am Miss Miracle Ibrah i am 21years old,  i was undergraduate in general Nursing, i am hoping to further my education in nearby future.i am single and haven't gotten married, my natural colour is chocolate in complexion and of average heigth, i am from Ivory coast in weast africa and presently Ivory coast residing in the refugee camp here in Dakae Senegalas a result of the civil war that was fought in my country last four years.

The name of my Late father was HON. GEORGE IBRAH,he was the managing director Ibrah group of company LTD in ABIDJAN the federal  capital city of Ivory coast  my country,and he was the personal adviser to the former head of state before the rebels  attacked my house one early morning killing my mother and my father.
it is only me that is alive now then i have to ran nearby country which is where  i'm now in the refugee camp,haven't finish up my education and need a man who will make use of my fathers wheath and get me through in life,
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.
I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. OR you can me with our Reverend Father Numbers +221775728711 tell him that you want to speak with me he send for me meanwhile I attach here my picture for you, though I am not all that photogenic, i hope you wouldn't mind. I wait to hear from you soonest
Love Miracle[/b]
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by spikedcylinder: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
Na wa o!
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Holyrule(m): 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2008
The same idiot has been mailing too. Though i have been replying. We go see who pass and who be maga. Imagine self those 3 first pictures are not the same. Check out the first,it's different from the other two which are almost the same. Concentrate on the long face,dark n plenty eyebrow. Compare them with the first. The guy no just try. Am quite there are two people probably a male n female working hand in hand. You'll have to first call the pastor before me. Nonsense,
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Shaz(f): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2008
The best thing is to hide your mail and have a different ID on the same account for purposes of instant messaging. I used to get a lot of these spam messages till I adopted this technique.
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Hardballer(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2008
lonelypal:

check out the poor girl's pics sad

, woah shocked shocked shocked the girl looks hot`
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
that last girl is really fine wow! Why cant nairaland chics look like that? undecided
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2008
davidylan:

that last girl is really fine wow! Why can't nairaland chics look like that? undecided

grin grin grin-------- angry
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Busybody2(f): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2008
tout:

You guys should just tell your stories without including the pics of this innocent girls. We'll undastand.
Otherwise, more scammers could easily get these pics and might as well use them for other scams.

For where, as long as people choose to upload their pictures on myspace, facebook, hi5, etc, and as long as anyone has an access to a PC/laptop with a mouse that has a right-click button, the world is their oyster, for the scammers wink

The girl in the second picture is Ghanaian, and because her picture also turned up on various scam busting websites, someone contacted her and she removed her pictures from myspace/hi5.

So I think it is a good thing for people to post pictures, so that if you are fortunate enough to have a beautiful/pretty/goodlooking female in your family or friend whose picture gets stolen, you would know how to alert them. cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by treadstone(m): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2008
THANK YOU VERY MUCH BROTHER FOR YOUR INFORMATION.WHAT IS THE PROGENITOR (SEUN) DOING ABOUT THIS,I THOUGHT HE SAID ANY PERSON FOUND OFFENDING WILL BE ELIMINATED THAT IS TO SAY STOP FROM THIS SITE.
IF YOU WANT TO BE A FRAUDSTER NEVER YOU THINK SO IN NAIJA-LAND BECAUSE YOU MUST BE FISH OUT.
YOU THINK I WILL SEND YOU MONEY OR GIFT WITHOUT SEEING YOU FACE TO FACE.
YOU BE MAGA SELF. FOR NAIJA,YOU DEY MISS ROAD.
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by tpia: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2008
I just checked my email today and noticed one from an Ugandan fellow.

Am sure his hometown dey inside naija.
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by treadstone(m): 12:36am On Aug 30, 2008
THIS STORY DEY MAKE ME LAUGH.4 NAIJA U WON CAUGHT OLD BOY.HOW YOU WON TAKE DO AM SELF.
WAIT YOU GO TELL AM MAKE HE SEND YOU MONEY BY WHAT MEANS.ABI YOU THINK SAY THEN THEY TAKE VISA GO ENUGU OR KANO.
ANYWHERE WHE YOU THEY,WE GO FIND U OUT.
EXCEPT SAY YOU DEY JAMAICA THEY SING REGGEA MUSIC. , HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Casfan123: 11:39pm On May 06, 2010
4 god's sake,u people shld leave dis fraudstars alone.see, am not d bang bt i want 2 tel u d coco-see,dis country is hard and is corrupt  and 4 u 2 suvive in dis country u need 2 b part of dat corruption.man must suvive.dey are jst tryin 2 help dierself.don't blame dem
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Gabry(f): 1:45am On May 07, 2010
This is not a new thing naaa. It happens everyday! grin
Re: Nairalanders Beware! by Gabry(f): 1:45am On May 07, 2010
Casfan123:

4 god's sake,u people shld leave dis fraudstars alone.see, am not d bang bt i want 2 tel u d coco-see,dis country is hard and is corrupt  and 4 u 2 suvive in dis country u need 2 b part of dat corruption.man must suvive.dey are jst tryin 2 help dierself.don't blame dem

Awww. How nice of you think like that. Thats why your passport sucks throughout the whole world! grin

(1) (Reply)

Salaries Of Health Workers / What Makes A Good Moderator? / Pics: See What Was Inside Superbite Gala.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.