Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! (3584 Views)

Thisday Newspaper Test. / Thisday Test Invitation / Petro Recruit-page 12, Thisday Newspaper, December 4, 2007. (advanced Fraud) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by mojojojo(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2008
A friend of mine applied for a job in response to an  advertisement of a vacancy in THISDAY. The company replied him and asked him to submit his passport because the vacancy is in the UK. He asked me to do a little research on the vacancy and I found out that the email address used by the company is in fact an address used frequently by 419  scammers.
To think that these guys have the audacity to advertise in a National daily is appalling and now they are even targeting fellow Nigerians not oyinbo.

So be careful.

Email
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

On Mon, 6/30/08, universaleinc@netscape.net <universaleinc@netscape.net> wrote:

From: universaleinc@netscape.net <universaleinc@netscape.net>
    Subject: Congratulations, Your Resume Has been approved
    To: xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
    Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 9:11 AM

Universale Recruiting Inc.
    Holbon High
    W1 8CL
    London England.
    Your C.V Has been approved.
    Fill the questionaire and return as soon as possible.
    Arrangement has been made for your accomodation.
    You'll also apply for the National Insurance Number and Register with NHS.
    Starting salary is between £3200.00-£3850.00 Monthly.
    You'll decide whether to receive the wages weekly ,forthnightly or monthly.
    You'll get three years visa and Work permit from the High commission of the UK in Nigeria.
    The Visa will be the first category of UK Government Highly Skilled Migrant visa scheme.
    It will enable you access the available workers Housing and loan Scheme.
    You can apply for visa along with members of your family.
    Contact Mr Mark my liaison in Nigeria.
    You should submit the following documents with him.
    1.International Passport.
    2.Three passport photographs.[White background]
    3.Your five right hand finger prints pasted on a white plain paper.
    Submit the above mentioned documents as soon as possible.
    It will hasten your visa application.
    On arrival,
    We'll place you with either Centrica Gas Company or EDF Energy(Both of them are Gas firms)
    Both are multinational Gas  Companies here in England.
    You should  complete the information on the questionnaire carefully.
    Your Visa application will be ready within Nine days from the day you submit the documents with Mr Mark.
    When your visa and work permit is issued.
    Notify me concerning your Flight arrangement.
    Our Staff will be at the aiport to welcome you.
    We wish you good luck.
    Take Care
    Sincerely Yours
    Joel McEwan.
    Head of Recruiting.
    Universale Recruiting Inc.
    Holbon High
    W1 8CL
    London England.
    +447983311420
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Blacklist sites

http://ideceive(dot)(dot)com/2006/11/spam-bennicetravelandtoursyahoocom.html
http://www.joewein.de/sw/dbl-update/2006-06-21.htm
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by efosanice: 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2008
there is no newspaper in nigeria that scammers don't advertise e.g globaldrill oil & gas in the tuesday guardian and ester breakthru, a whole lot of them
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by vandumen: 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2008
hi i don,t know about that. i want to inform the general piblic that there are puppies for sale interested buy should contact me at vandumen4real@yahoo.com por 08068972403. the puppies are alsatian by breed
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by edumen2003: 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2008
VANDUMEN, people are talking of serious things , your own is puppy for sale, i don't know if this site is made for jobs seekers but i can see u want to be selling puppies here.God help us ,one day,people will also tell us to buy cows and goats.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by NiteAngel(m): 7:32am On Aug 19, 2008
ROTFLMHO, na wetin concern am be that; overload no concern agbero. So insensitive yet pretty hillarious. Puppy seller may never have to deal with fake newspaper ad but watch out for fake currency.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by MrCrackles(m): 10:24am On Aug 19, 2008
vandumen:

hi i don,t know about that. i want to inform the general piblic that there are puppies for sale interested buy should contact me at vandumen4real@yahoo.com por 08068972403. the puppies are alsatian by breed

are you mad or retarded?!

you bloody scammer selling non-existent puppies on nairaland and also guilty of posting irrelevancies to the thread above, you fool!

@Post

All this scammers no dey tire sef? chei!
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by hannydarl(f): 12:30am On Aug 21, 2008
oh my gawd they asked for his international passport to be submited to them.Dem be embassy abi wetin.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by busybody20: 8:52am On Aug 21, 2008
Brash!:

are you mad or retarded?!

you bloody scammer selling non-existent puppies on nairaland and also guilty of posting irrelevancies to the thread above, you fool!

@Post

All this scammers no dey tire sef? chei!

@ brash, abeg no kill me with lauf oo  cheesy

@ Poster,
1. How can your apointment be approved without a test / interview?
2. I guess they just need your friends details (id theft) then later they will ask him 4 money 4 processing, registration etc
[/quote]Starting salary is between £3200.00-£3850.00 Monthly[quote]
(JUST LIKE DAT?)( woahwwwww I WISH !! EVEN PEOPLE 4 UK NEVA EARN SUCH!
4. You'll get three years visa and Work permit from the High commission of the UK in Nigeria.

HOME OFFICE UK JUST MADE SOME TOUGH CHANGES ABOUT COMPANIES GETTING WORK PERMIT FOR MIGRANTS IN D UK 2 WKS BACK! NO EMPLOYER IS WILLING 2 GET A WK PERMIT 4 You EXCEPT You R REALLY EXTRA ORDINARLY!!
5. The company (Universale Recruiting Inc.  Holbon High  W1 8CL) DOESNT EXIST, I HV CHECKED IT UP.
6. The contact number is probably roaming

In conclusion, don't be deceived its a scam! 419
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by notica(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2008
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by mogentle(m): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2008
£3200 per month without test, without interview, hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy
Even a puppy know it is not so easy like.
Na yam, abi na pure waterfor satchet,

You had better be careful.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by quickygirl(f): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2008
scammers everywhere, !!
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by bukris(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2008
pls my people, lets be careful. sometimes last month, i saw an advert on guardian newspaper requesting for individuals with business ideas who need financing to call these numbers: 080666495782 and 07025170574. i did call the number and a guy picked the call introduced himself as Mr. STEVE OGAR. he first asked me where i am calling from, i told him i am in lagos. he then told me that he based in Abuja, that though he is not the owner of the money but an agent to some business men who loan money to people for businesses. he said i will need to open an account with any of their approved banks in my own name and deposit at least 10% of the total loan i am requesting for AND SEND THEM A SCANNED COPY OF MY SIGNATURE. i then asked him about the collateral i need to provide and he said all i need is just to provide one guarantor and complete one very scanty form. the guarantor which should be anybody and all the guarantor need to do is to fill a guarantors form that's all. that means even a security guard or a cleaner can fill the form, and he said so far the person knows me very well. after 3 days, he called me that he was asked to come to Lagos and discuss the process with me and to check out the business location but i should pay =N=24,000 into his account for his flight ticket back to Abuja.

Imagine if he collects =N=24,000 from 100 innocent people that will ammount to =N=2.4 million.

See his mail below:

Subject: Fw: YOUR LOAN DETAILS
To: ojie_king@yahoo.com
Cc: ojie_king@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 6:54 AM

--- On Mon, 8/4/08, ogar stephen <ogar.stephen@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: YOUR LOAN DETAILS
To: OJIE_KING@YAHOO.COM
Date: Monday, August 4, 2008, 11:34 AM

DEAR CHRIS,
MY NAME IS STEVE OGAR,
I WORK FOR SOME PRIVATE INVESTORS
SEEKING TO LEND CASH TO STARTUPS AND SEVERAL
PROFITABLE INVESTMENTS ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

FOR YOUR LOAN YOU WOULD NEED TO SEND US THE FOLLOWING:
1.AN APPLICATION FOR THE LOAN,
2.10% DOWNPAYMENT FOR THE LOAN(THIS MONEY WILL BE PAID BY YOU IN ACCOUNT OPENED WITH YOUR PARTICULARS IN ANY OF OUR PARTNER BANKS OR YOU CAN BRING IT TO ABUJA),
3.TWO PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS
4.SCANNED COPY OF YOUR SIGNATURE,
5.A CURRENT VALID ID

YOU CAN SEND ALL THIS BY EMAIL,COME OVER TO ABUJA OR SEND FOR ME TO LAGOS.WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO,LET ME KNOW ON MY NUMBER.

pls lets be carefullyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by sweetchi(f): 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2008
it's quite unfortunate that we can't rely on job vacancies we see in the papers again because of this so called 419 people.God help us sha.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by alexela(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2008
I no fit shout!!!
Nija wan job Nija. Well sha Warri people dey talk say: DOG NO DEY CHOP DOG!!!

But seriously, it is very unfortunate that these con-men have gone so sophisticated and in nation like ours where over 90% of the graduates are unemployed, so many "aje-butters" are likely to fall prey.
Certainly, Waziri and her EFCC are not doing enough.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by ramtee(f): 1:31am On Aug 27, 2008
hallo
thanks that is a good one .everyone should be on the look out 419 is everywhere. i usually get one in my in box about big companies looking for financial representatives to help them collect money locally, when i get a sample i will post it.
one should be careful.

any way im a newbie and need an OND staff, good on the computer and can market.my office is in ikeja this is not 419 and is urgent,pls send mail to ramaeltee@gmail.com

ramael
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by bodsibobo(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2008
Na wah o. I got an e-mail today too from a supposedly 'dubai recruitment firm' asking for certain info about me, if I wanted to take up some high networth executive position in Dubai.

This 419 guys will soon destroy our image all over the globe, that's if they've not already.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by Dhejai: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2008
THERE IS A FIVE {5} PLOTS OF LAND FOR SALE{WITH A POULTRY FACILITY ON IT }AT IGANDO AREA OF LAGOS STATE. THIS IS VERY LEGITIMATE WITH ALL DOCUMENTS INTACT.THE PRICE IS N15million ,SUBJECT TO NEGOTIATION.INTERESTED BUYERS SHOULD PLEASE CONTACT DEJI ON 08028896543,08062513969,OR BARR.YEMI ABIJO ON 08023843741 OR MAIL lawyardsolicitors@ymail.com.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by igwe11(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2008
i got the same mail as the poster of universaleinc job offer but after reading in b/w d line i realized that their is nothing like employment letter without job interview,and to implicate themselves further, i asked him where his liaison is located in naija as he said so i can check them up but he only gave the phone no. of his liaison who i didn't have d time to waste my credit on after trying the london no. given by him that kept entering voice mail.
their many of them,
before employers used to organize aptitude test and some even reimburse the T.P according,but these day the job seeker is told to pay into an account for aptitude test and even charge for verification of credentials,

Na waooooooooooooh,
no means wey person no go take make money for xmas.
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by Thor(m): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2008
Nigerians at work grin grin grin
Re: 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! by samejane: 10:47pm On Dec 20, 2009
located in ikeja,allen avenue is not the place any young and talented person would love to be.firstly,adverts are made for recruits but a lot have come and gone without pay.the so called mannerless m.d according to my sources around,said she is mannerless,arrogant and does not have human feelings.this is the cry of one of her ex-staff who worked with her for three months and was never paid.i implore all job seeker not to accept the offer to work there,or if by so doing you do,it is at your own expense.good riddance to bad rubbish!in the name of looking for a job. it is better we spread the word than to let others fall into the pit of macmarice nigeria limited.

(1) (Reply)

Jobs At Aso Savings & Loans Plc. / Interswitch Is Recruiting Corpers 2009 / Resident Boarding House Master To Start Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.