Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? (20512 Views)

Poll: Can a real Christian work in a company that makes alcoholic beverages or tobacco cigarettes?

Yes: 63% (71 votes)
No: 36% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by Queenisha: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

The major reason why christians abhor alcohol is the absorption rate. The quantity that will make me drunk is different from the quantity that can get you drunk. So, why serve someone a bottle of 12OZ beer when you are not really sure he/she cannot get drunk from that? I mean, a person like Hannibal can drink one carton of beer and belch only once but you can't use him as a yardstick because if you try that on another, he may become drunk and hence commits sin besides, alcohol makes you Hot and may lead to fornication. A christian working in a brewery is no different from a christian running a beer parlour.

That line had me in stitches.
Osanobua
the love between these 2 people is unquantifiable.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
[b]That's why you should know your limit. [/b]Same way McDonalds might make one person obese and not affect the body of naother person. Should a starving jobless person ignore a job offer from there as well?

First of all, we are not discussing the first person here, rather, we are talking about the 2nd person. From your analysis, it'll only be proper for a christian to drink alcohol by him/herself and improper for him/her to offer another person alcohol because he/she does not know their absorption rate.

Therefore, when christians throw parties like weddings etc, it's advisable for them not to serve alcohol in it's entirety because there is no way they will know every guests absorption rate.

On the issue of the first person even, he/she is still limited because alcohol concentration varies and it's absorption is dependent on other factors like health, temperature, atm pressure and mental state.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
You are a classic pudden head if u think alcohol makes a man Hot.
Are u genetically foolish or your idiocy is enviromentally triggered??
Absorption rate me ass. . . . . . . .Are u telling me human beings(adults) don't know their critical limit??
Let us know the result of your psycho-evaluation test. . . . .You are due for one this week, innit??
Hannibal can drink one carton of beer. . . .Do i look like your Ijesha ancestors who drank and lost their land to em other tribes??

roflmao, GOTCHA!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by fotodaddy: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

Is there any place in the bible that categorically said that Jesus gave them alcohol? For all I know, it could be fruit wine.

ol boy you dey funny oo!!! Abiyou no know the meaning of wine?? If you like make you go read am for the Hebrew text if you no know. Jesus turn water to ALCOHOLIC wine. Therein in is the miracle.

Haba!!! over spiri!!! shocked shocked

debosky:

alcohol is now blamed for horniness  

I wonder what utter stupidity will be blamed on alcohol next. . . . . lack of manners?

once you pasteurize grape juice, then it is grape juice, simple and not wine. Only wannabe wine drinkers like yourself who still want to hold on to some sanctimonious claim of not consuming alcohol came up with this 'non-alcoholic wine' nonsense.

Infact make you show them dictionary, wey no sabi english!!!
Why we just dey take this kin matter dey play.
[size=22pt]
QUESTION: CAN A MUSLIM WORK IN A BREWERY[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by KarmaMod(f): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2008
First of all, we are not discussing the first person here, rather, we are talking about the 2nd person. From your analysis, it'll only be proper for a christian to drink alcohol by him/herself and improper for him/her to offer another person alcohol because he/she does not know their absorption rate.

Therefore, when christians throw parties like weddings etc, it's advisable for them not to serve alcohol in it's entirety because there is no way they will know every guests absorption rate.

arent the ones accepting these drinks at parties not aware of their absorption rate? I still dont get this analogy. Every perosn should know their LIMIT. If a person offers you a drink and you tae it and then take more and more going beyond your limit, that's your business. You should know when to stop.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
alcohol is now blamed for horniness

You don't know before? You don't know that drunkenness leads to sexual pervasion? Why do men in saloons behave erratically like a He goat?

Alcohol makes you Hot and it's advisable to stay off it if you are battling with the sin of fornication.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by rampant(f): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
Queenisha:

That line had me in stitches.
Osanobua
the love between these 2 people is unquantifiable.

grin grin grin
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2008

arent the ones accepting these drinks at parties not aware of their absorption rate? I still don't get this analogy. Every perosn should know their LIMIT. If a person offers you a drink and you tae it and then take more and more going beyond your limit, that's your business. You should know when to s

Jesus warned us not to lead others to sin. It's like the modern argument today where men claim they are led into sin by half naked women walking the streets. As a christian, you are not supposed to lead others to sin, be it serving them alcohol, opening a beer parlour, dressing half naked thereby seducing men along the way, writing something to hurt another person or tribe on nairaland or any other board etc. The list is infinite.

So, in as much as we are liable for what we do, God will still hold others that help us do it liable for doing it. The doctor performing abortion is as guilty as the girl that killed the baby.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by Hannibal: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

You don't know before? You don't know that drunkenness leads to sexual pervasion? Why do men in saloons behave erratically like a He goat?

Alcohol makes you Hot and it's advisable to stay off it if you are battling with the sin of fornication.

Stop displaying your stupidity on a public forum.
How can alcohol make one Hot. . . . .Are u from Philistine??
Accept your thread is stupid and move on to anutha stupid thread instead of making a mockery of Ilesha. tongue tongue
Christians can't serve food in the Church because DeepZone is gluttonic. . . . .She can down 14 wraps of Eba in one sitting thus taking her to Obesity.
This is hilarious. . . . .Christians shouldn't even appear on TVs because the device is a devil's box that shows nudity, drunkeness and tobacco company.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by janami(f): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2008
queenisha
u r just twisting the whole thing, and u dnt need to since ur reply to my first post was seriously uneccesary.
was brewery eva mentioned in the bible?hmmm.  .  .  .  . remember Jesus Christ's first miracle?
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by debosky(m): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ foto

obviously muslims should not work in breweries, Islam forbids alcohol consumption explicitly wink

Alcohol enhances horniness, someone who is not Hot cannot be made Hot by a ton of alcohol. Men in saloons act Hot because they want to blame it on the alcohol or are too chicken shit to act on their horniness without the excuse of alcohol to blame it on.

As for me, I support not serving alcohol at weddings and the like, if people want to get drunk or hight, let them do it on their own recognizance and not on my bill. I can control only myself, so i will not serve alcohol to others,
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2008
As for me, I support not serving alcohol at weddings and the like, if people want to get drunk or hight, let them do it on their own recognizance and not on my bill. I can control only myself, so i will not serve alcohol to others,

Now you are talking,
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2008
Christians can't serve food in the Church because DeepZone is gluttonic. . . . .She can down 14 wraps of Eba in one sitting thus taking her to Obesity.
This is hilarious. . . . .Christians shouldn't even appear on TVs because the device is a devil's box that shows nudity, drunkeness and tobacco company.

LMBAO, it still dey pepper you, shayo!!!

God help anybody that will invite you to his wedding because he'll surely run out of tombo, hennessey and [s]star[/s] cheaper lager.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by KarmaMod(f): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2008
writing something to hurt another person or tribe on nairaland

You've done this quite a number of times. what's your point?

Your analogy still doesnt make an ounce of sense. Why not tell Christians to not serve people food at gatherings then? After all with all the food that is served, that could make someone gluttonous thus "leading them into sin"
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by deept(m): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
First Miracle- water to wine.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by KarmaMod(f): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
Lmao Debo wants to have a Deeper Life wedding where people are served Fanta in champagne glasses tongue
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2008
You've done this quite a number of times. what's your point?
Who knows? may be I got born again after that although I can't remember doing that because i always say the truth irrespective of religious,gender or tribal affiliation.

Your analogy still doesnt make an ounce of sense. Why not tell Christians to not serve people food at gatherings then? After all with all the food that is served, that could make someone gluttonous thus "leading them into sin"
Food absorption is different from alcohol absorption in that over eating can only lead to constipation and you and only you will suffer the stomach pain and excessive flatulence but excess alcohol is disastrous and in most cases not automatic because it depends on the concentration of the alcohol and how many moles your blood absorb per minute but food crams you up way before absorption,so you already know your limit when your stomach is filled.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by Hannibal: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

LMBAO, it still dey pepper you, shayo!!!

I am not fazed by your rants. . . . .Just amazed at your imbecility. grin cheesy

God help anybody that will invite you to his wedding because he'll surely run out of tombo, hennessey and [s]star[/s] cheaper lager.

As long as i don't get drunk like the first settlers in Ilesha who vetoed University off and begged the Fed Govt for a Prison, i'd be fyne. wink cheesy
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by KarmaMod(f): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

Who knows? may be I got born again after that.Food absorption is different from alcohol absorption in that over eating can only lead to constipation and you and only you will suffer the stomach pain and excessive flatulence but excess alcohol is disastrous and in most cases not automatic because it depends on the concentration of the alcohol and how many moles your blood absorb per minute but food crams you up way before absorption,so you already know your limit when your stomach is filled.

Most people are fine after a glass or 2. Those who are near their limit usually KNOW. The ones that still go ahead and go past it are to blame alone. Point is no Christian would try to make someone drunk. You can even tell when a perosn is near their limit or they are at leats expected to tell you, trying to blame others for providing things you can eaisly ignore if you cant hande it is stupid
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by KarmaMod(f): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2008
Who knows? may be I got born again after that although I can't remember doing that

How can you remember? Perhaps you drink too much?

and personal attacks on others has nothing to do with "telling the truth"
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by debosky(m): 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lmao Debo wants to have a Deeper Life wedding where people are served Fanta in champagne glasses tongue

nah, I will serve Hotfunmi's favorite 'fruit wine' grin grin
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
nah, I will serve Hotfunmi's favorite 'fruit wine' Grin

Don't use christianity as an excuse to conserve money, cheapskate!!!!
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2008
How can you remember? Perhaps you drink too much?

and personal attacks on others has nothing to do with "telling the truth"
"For you shall know the truth and only the truth shall set you free"(Jn8:32)

Personal attack on Hannibal is not included kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2008

As long as i don't get drunk like the first settlers in Ilesha who vetoed University off and begged the Fed Govt for a Prison, i'D be fyne

Yes, so we can rehabilitate He goats like you.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by debosky(m): 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

Don't use christianity as an excuse to conserve money, cheapskate!!!!

Conserve money?

Nah, this is going to be premium 'non alcoholic wine' - made from hand-pressed grapes from the finest vineyards of Bordeaux cool
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by nazzyon(m): 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2008
It is simple if you are a Holy Christian do not work in a brewery.

Pardon me for bringing Islam into this but according to Islam a Muslim should not consume any alcoholic drink.

A Muslim should not work in a brewery.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by Hannibal: 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
It's so sad the way some overzealous twats/Pharisees just turn the scriptures around to suit their selfish wet dreams.
Jesus turned water to "wine" and i am sure HE drank from it.
In HIS last supper, HE took bread and wine with JIS disciples. . . . Thats a clear indication that wine was taken then freely.
These days, hypocritical plonkers like DeepZone have turned everything to make others look like sinners. . . .What a calamity!!! cry cry

DeepZone:

Yes, so we can rehabilitate He goats like you.

Moi?? You gotta be shitting me.
Ilesha has the highest number of criminals of any remote area in West Africa.
Where should we start: armed robbers, livestock thieves, con men, fraudsters, village prostitutes, ritual killers, drug traffikers etc.
75% of the population have spent time in the Prison at one point or the other. . . .Ya king even raped his palace guards, innit? cheesy grin
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2008
made from hand-pressed grapes from the finest vineyards of Bordeaux

As long as they wash those hands,
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2008
It's so sad the way some overzealous twats/Pharisees just turn the scriptures around to suit their selfish wet dreams.
Jesus turned water to "wine" and i am sure he drank from it.
In his last supper, he took bread and wine with his disciples. . . . Thats a clear indication that wine was taken then freely.
These days, hypocritical plonkers like DeepZone have turned everything to make others look like sinners. . . .What a calamity!!! Cry Cry
When sinners yell, ain't surprised this sinner called Hannibal will always find an excuse to drink and fornicate. Your soul needs ressurection.

Moi?? You gotta be shitting me.
Ilesha has the highest number of criminals of any remote area in West Africa.
Where should we start: armed robbers, livestock thieves, con men, fraudsters, village prostitutes, ritual killers, drug traffikers etc.
75% of the population have spent time in the Prison at one point or the other. . . .Ya king even raped his palace guards, innit

Link please?

Ilesha has been laid back from time immemorial in the area of crime. I mean, you can leave your car unlocked at the market square for 14 days and nobody will tamper with it. Common sense will fault your claim because there is no way Ilesha can have more criminals than a big city like lagos. The more a city is diverse, the higher the crime rate. ever wonder why the crime rate is higher in NY than any other place in the US? The crime rate in NY is even more than that in the whole Nigeria.

Again, Abeokuta is not the city of angels , you self righteous braggart.[quote][/quote]
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by madamkoko: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2008
All the responses i'm reading on this thing is nonsensical.

Whether or not this poor man works in a brewery, doesn't stop people from drinking. So why would he want to punish his career ? or risk poverty.

I don't know what the question posed has to do with SIN?
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by DeepZone: 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
QUESTION: CAN A MUSLIM WORK IN A BREWERY

Yea, only a sharia brewery.
Re: Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? by Hannibal: 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

When sinners yell, ain't surprised this sinner called Hannibal will always find an excuse to drink and fornicate. Your soul needs ressurection.

Lost lil woman. . . . .

Ilesha has been laid back from time immemorial in the area of crime. I mean, you can leave your car unlocked at the market square for 14 days and nobody will tamper with it. Common sense will fault your claim because there is no way Ilesha can have more criminals than a big city like lagos. The more a city is diverse, the higher the crime rate. ever wonder why the crime rate is higher in NY than any other place in the US? The crime rate in NY is even more than that in the whole Nigeria.

I have told u times without number u lack cognitive reasoning.
Read carefully and maybe u should check in at vision express. .
Hannibal said: "Ilesha has the highest number of criminals of any remote area in West Africa."
REMOTE is the key word or is Lagos a remote area??  How did u pass your O'Level exams?? U slept with ur teachers, innit??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olufemi Akindayomi, Accuses Pastor Adeboye Of Changing Church Principles / Merry Christmas to everybody in Nigeria. / Paraguan Government Honours TB Joshua With Highest Merit Award In Paraguay(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.