Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? (1706 Views)

How To Prepare A Nutritious Garri Soaked In Water / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by joyceereal(f): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2008
I want someone to give the steps of how to prepare a unique i mean a nice stew not the normal rushing stuff i.e adding all the ingredient at once. Please can anyone help me out? I need this steps for a practical in school.
Re: How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by AmakaOne(f): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2008
What kind of meat do you want to use?
goat, beef, chicken, mixed meats?

here's a recipe for chicken stew

ngredients

1 large chicken, washed and jointed into ~12 pieces
225g fresh scotch bonnet chillies
1kg fresh tomatoes, ground
2 large onions, ground
2 cloves garlic
1 small tin tomato purée
I tsp thyme
2 onions, sliced
1 tsp curry powder
57Oml groundnut oil
salt to taste

Season the chicken pieces with salt then add to a pot along with the onions, thyme and curry powder and cook in a little oil for some 35 minutes, until tender (stir frequently). Grind the 2 large onions, chillies and tomatoes together in a food processor. Add the remainin oil to a separate pot and fry the ground tomato blend in this for 20 minutes, until fairly dry. Add the tomato purée and a little stock, stir thoroughly then add to the fried chicken pieces. Bring to the boil then simmer gently for a further 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain off any oil that rises to the surface.

Serve with boiled rice or fried plantain.

Re: How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by joyceereal(f): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2008
I trust u girl! I really appreciate. The chicken stew is ok. But Whatever meat I want to use, I hope it is still thesame way?
Re: How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by AmakaOne(f): 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2008
Different types of meat need different cooking times and taste better if cooked slightly differently.

Beef takes the longest to cook.

Chicken a shorter time and fish the shortest.

That why I was asking what kind of stew you would like to make as in what meat?

But most people don't seem to mind eating chicken.
Shebi TFC and KFC and Nando's are still doing good business wink

Good luck with your assignment
Re: How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by joyceereal(f): 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2008
Thanks my sis. I'm ok with the chicken stew for my practical. Kindly do me a favour by giving me the steps to prepapring beef and fish stew for my personal use.
Pleassssssssssssssssssssssse!
Re: How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by AmakaOne(f): 10:08am On Aug 22, 2008
1 large fish (cleaned & gutted)
450g / lb fresh tomatoes
225g / 8oz fresh chillies
3 tablespoon tomato puree
1 large onion
2 lemon
6 oz groundnut-oil
pinch of thyme and curry
salt to taste

Clean and gut the fish Cut into medium size pieces and wash thoroughly with the lemons. Place in a bowl and season with salt thyme and curry. Leave aside for 15-20 minutes to absorb seasoning. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the fish.

Grind the tomatoes onions and peppers. Heat oil in a pot add the ground ingredients and cook for 20 minutes until fairly reduced. Blend in tomato puree and add the fried pieces of fish. Season and gently simmer for additional 10minutes. Remove from heat and serve with boiled rice yam or plantain.

You should use a firm white fish for this dish I prefer fresh halibut, white tuna and tilapia

Re: How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by joyceereal(f): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
Thank u very much.
Re: How Do I Prepare A Unique Stew? by Outstrip(f): 12:45am On Sep 23, 2008
Amkaone I am hungry. Thanks for your contribution to my hunger LOL

(1) (Reply)

Ewa Agonyi Stew Or Sauce / How To Prepare HotDog(sausage) Peppersoup In Just Few Steps / Emperor Pizza Now In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.