Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match (2311 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Seun(m): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2006
Soccer lovers,

The important second-round match between the Azzurri of Italy Socceroos of Australia will take place today, the 26th of June, at 4pm Nigerian time. I hope you're planning to watch because we'll be covering it live!

The Italian team is the clear favorite to win this match, since they have won the world cup three times! Do you think the Australians have any chance of winning today's game? Can you share your predictions with us?

Thanks a million!
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by retro(f): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2006
Italy might win but I want Australia to win!! Go Australia!!
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by IAH(f): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2006
ITALO!!!

All the Group winners have won the 2nd round matches. Let's see if Italy would continue the run. smiley
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Hunter(m): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2006
Come on Aussie Come on!!!!!

I'm staying up to watch the game (as alot of people are) kick off starts at 1:00am Local

When I was in the city this morning all the pubs had signs up saying they'll have the game, and there are a few public places that the government has setup for people to go in and watch the soccer on the "big screen"

Looking forward to it!

ps. We still have a chance cheesy

we did win 2 out of 3 after all! (losing to brazil no less)

Should also be interesting to see public reaction here given how many italians live in melbourne wink
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by jgirl3: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2006
Italy all the way 2 - 1 against the aussies.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Grizzly(m): 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2006

Tim Cahill has warned Italy to underestimate Australia at their peril in Kaiserslautern today. The Socceroos have reached the last 16 despite being in front for a sum total of five minutes in their three group games, but Cahill insists their progress is down to more than luck. Meanwhile Luca Toni is confident he will end his goal drought for Italy if he returns to the starting line-up.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/section?id=worldcup&cc=5739
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by goodguy(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2006
@Grizzly:

You forgot to include the link to that post, sir!

@Topic:

Australia should not be under-estimated, though it's most likely that Italy will scale through.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Grizzly(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2006
dun dat, sir.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by amodu(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2006
i am very sure that Italy is going to win.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by jgirl3: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2006
To many missed opportunities, it makes me wanna lie down and sleep
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Seun(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2006
How far with the match? Who else finds it boring? I'm unabvle to watch, but I'm following it here:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/match/template.html?id=53

Ball possession: Australia has 57%, what is Italy doing? Thrash them already!!
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Grizzly(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2006
u r very wrong,
Guus hiddink has got semi-finals written all over his face
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Seun(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2006
What's so special about Guus Hiddink?
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Grizzly(m): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2006
doesnt lie on the players this time,
on the coach,
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Hunter(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2006
nil all half time

come on aussie cheesy
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by hucarson(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2006
@ Seun,
Guus Hiddink is one of the most succesful managers in the world.
He has taken Holland and Korea to the semi-finals in the last 2 world cups.
He is the manager of the conquering PSV Eindhoven that clinched the Dutch's league.
He rarely loses.
He is the man.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by twinstaiye(m): 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2006
You are right about Hiddinks hucarson, he is a man after my heart. I am so cool with him that I respect his coaching abilities. to me, he must be the most successful and master tactician I have ever seen. He has what it takes to win any team. Take a look at how he played out AC Milan in 2005 champions league, even though they eventually lost, he played them out completely. Then see the way he took the South Koreans to the semi final in the last world cup. and see how he took the unknown socceroos to this year world cup. The man is simply outstanding. The fact that the match ended goalless in the first half prove to the point that it could be any of the team's that is a favourite to win. Up Hiddink the mater tactician!
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Grizzly(m): 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2006
Sumbady seen red  shocked
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by asanga(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2006
The referee has just spoilt the game,he gave a questionable penalty.The level of officiating has been too bad in this championship.Italy 1, Australia 0
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by hucarson(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2006
Its so painful the socceroos had to lose to a very strong Italian side.
If you're going to lose out in the world cup this simply describes how to lose with honour.
A Totti's penalty in the 94th minute was the difference between the two sides
How cruel can football be?
Well done Aussies-we won't forget y'all.

@ Asanga,
That penalty call was valid. The falling defender quite impeded the Italian player's movement to have a shot on goal.
FIFA has clamped on that. The body language of the socceroos should have told u that it was a clean penalty shout.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by IAH(f): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2006
I tipped Italy to win but I feel so bad for the Aussies about the last seconds penalty. Oh No!!! cry cry sad sad
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by c0dec(m): 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2006
FORZA ITALIA! well deserved.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Hunter(m): 1:55am On Jun 27, 2006
c0dec:

FORZA ITALIA! well deserved.

Not really well deserved if you watched the game, they were playing pretty badly considering they were vs'ing a team ranked 42nd in the world.
They missed about 3 oppertunities in the first half alone.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by c0dec(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2006
well the aussies didnt have that many chances. materazzi didn't deserve a red too.

ps: FIFA rankings are BS.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Hunter(m): 3:56am On Jun 28, 2006
italy didn't deserve the penalty at the end either, the ref was pretty crap I thought.
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Grizzly(m): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2006
I havent seen a more unfair decision in the world cup 2006 than that penalty kick decision,
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by goodguy(m): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2006
na laziness dey worry that ref. he didn't want to officiate into extra time so he decided to end the whole thing there by giving Italy a free goal. grin
Re: Italy Vs Australia: World Cup 2006 Second Round Match by Grizzly(m): 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2006
boy i score u A!!! grin grin
foolish man.

(1) (Reply)

We Will Defeat Guinea In Abuja - Brown Ideye / Npfl. Shooting Stars Vs Enyimba. Time 4pm. / shocking Top Ten Highest Paid Footballers In The World For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.