Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help (1179 Views)

A Nigerian Host Livescore On Blogger-----awesome / How Safe In A Nigerian Host (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by chessguru(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2008
Hello webmasters,
i know little about the hosting thing but i intend to launch two major sites which is not just to have a web presence but a site where i look foreward and aim at getting hunreds of thousands of members, i need to have a host, i know about a number of Nigerian hosts, and i thought about them because it is easier to pay them (once in a year)
my question is how reliable are thoiese nigerian host and what do i consider? I FEAR I WILL JUST WAKE UP ONE DAY AND SEE THAT THE HOST HAS CRASHED AND MY SITE DELETED FROM THE NET LOOSING ALL DATA AND MEMBERS, (anyway is it possible to back up to prevent this) can a site like nairaland relly on a nigerian host?, i really need your help on which nigerianm hostis most reliable and why?how easy is it to pay a foreign host and can one pay yearly?can one transfer his site from one host to another without loosing data?
please what do you think? thanks

(can one have a back up in case everything just delete one day, innigeria anything can happen) na major site o, with like many many years ahead in mind
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by SamMilla1(m): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2008
Nairaland is hosted by lewis media which i believe is based somewhere in North America.
Meanwhile there are some good hosts in Nigeria and Africa.
I don't use them simply because i don't stay in Africa
but i think there are credible ones. You have to do some research by yourself.
Meanwhile my websites are hosted by an
American based firm which adopted CREDIT CARD AND PAYPAL as their method of payment.
If you can be able to pay them , fine, if you can't, look for ones in Nigeria.
Then you will also have to learn how to save your databases.
You can always reinstall your website with another host company if they crashed.
I can help you out on how to export MySQL databases.
And that would be for free.
IF AND WHEN YOU ARE READY ,
YOU CAN CLICK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE
AND YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO WHERE TO FIND ME.
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by chessguru(m): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2008
@SAM MILLA
  thanks man, i sure know how to find thwe wall, even without clicking on the link, my pals joined your community already,been helping me out, anyway ,
  @topic      i really would have prefered hosting with the folks hosting yours (prefers yearly payment) but then that would mean setting up a credit card friendly account as to be able to meet the financial obligation, IF I EXPORT
    MySQL databases from nigerian based host to oversea based host, what happens to the continuance of  my domain name registeration? , (.i should be on in the next 10 minutes.)
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by MrCrackles(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2008
why not host a party instead of a website?! wink
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by chessguru(m): 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ sam milla

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@SAM MILLA
  thanks man, i sure know how to find the wall.
  @topic      i really would have preferred hosting with the folks hosting yours (prefers yearly payment) but then that would mean setting up a credit card friendly account as to be able to meet the financial obligation, IF I EXPORT
    MySQL databases from Nigerian based host to oversea based host, what happens to the continuance of  my domain name registeration? , (.i should be on in the next 10 minutes.)

PLEASE CHECK  www.  do you think its reliable enough to make payment with, ??

@brash
what a brilliant question
    Because i invited some spiders who will be @ the party, the website will be the abode of the spiders,
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by uspry1(f): 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
SAM MILLA:

Nairaland is hosted by lewis media which i believe is based somewhere in North America.

THE CORRECTION HAS MADE: not North America (USA), where Lewis Media, the hosting provider is located. Actually it is located in Canada.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: that fact is that Canada is NOT either A NORTH AMERICA or USA, just another country outside of USA!
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by Seun(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2008
Correction:
- Nairaland is not hosted by Lewis Media
- Canada is definitely in North America. North America is a continent.
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by SamMilla1(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2008
Yea, North America is a continent.
Made up Of United states and canada alone.
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by uspry1(f): 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2008
All right, both Sam Milla and Seun are correct, and I am wrong.

I better go back to elementary school to reeducate myself learning about the geography again, LOL!!!

[img width=480 height=300]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/LocationNorthAmerica.png[/img]
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by SamMilla1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2008
Geography was my best subject.
At the age of 7 or 8,
i already knew the whole continents and where there are located.
Mum and dad are bothe teachers,
so most of my work was to study even when i dont want to.
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by uspry1(f): 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2008
I used to be aced on geography earning A+ grade when i was young at elementary school.

Plus i was 4th runner (lost couldn't make to 3rd place winner for statewide contest) in 3rd grade Spelling Bee contest at my local school in order to select one finalist winner of each 50 states of the USA winner going to Washington DC for national Spelling Bee exactly like you see on movie "Akeelah and the Bee (2006)".

If I was in 3rd place winner, i would be THE FIRST DEAF SPELLER. Disapointed!!! sad Later in 1990s we had the FIRST DEAF SPELLER entering the National Spelling Bee contest in Wash. DC.---i was proud of this deaf person remind of me.

Now i grow older middle-aged grown adult very few country i slighty forgot some! Ain't hurt looking up wiki, my best friend to correct my spelling or continents.
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by chessguru(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
Seun:

Correction:
- Nairaland is not hosted by Lewis Media
- Canada is definitely in North America. North America is a continent.

@ USPRY and sam milla
   What say you ? well i took your words for it, until mr seun made his move post!?

well i had to enter my research lab
  ICANN  Registrar   -     SPOT DOMAIN LLC DBA DOMAINSITE.COM        (Created:  2005-03-08 )
NaijaSMS Communications, owns a number of other domains say about 10, blah blah
BILLING CONTACT, somewhere in Springdale MD      You S A
hosted on a dedicated server, IP location-New York - New York - Layered Technologies Inc , no need to give all the info i have,  figure out the host anyway, the  question  really is not about the man in otta so, NO NEED FOR DETAILS
Hosting Company Name: DOMAINSITE.COMM IP COUNTRY-U S A,
@ topic
    i hope to getting more answers to my posts, thanks !!
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by midje(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2008
U are very correct Chessguru!

Every body fears this so he/she does not get lost his/her data someday. But i think i can bank on our hosting platform frm the UCV hosters because they have given me a 24/7 service uptime, at a strong customer support. My company run a partnership platform wit them so we collect money from nigerians in Naira. We have hosted over 20 sites this year which includes

www.marblearchhotelsng.com
www.aboit-ng.com
www.ausgonigeria.com
www.lifewayfoundation.org

and have hosted for over 2 users who contacted me from nairaland (e.g meetagape)

The hosting package includes:

domain name registration
50MB hosting space (depending on you)
unlimited email address
unlimited email forwarding
unlimited email alaising
24/7 service uptime
webmail client
and hosting on both windows and linux ( amongst others)

I must confess that this service is very relaible and it goes for about N6000/yr for both hosting and domain registration.
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by chessguru(m): 1:39am On Aug 25, 2008
@midge
how long have you guys been operating?
50mb hosting space isnt what i dream of having, not enough for large forum/community,
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by midje(m): 1:59am On Aug 25, 2008
@chessguru

4 a long time now. We can giv u as many MB as u want even UP to GBs

Our advantage is that we are dynamic and revolutionary in nature banking on our strong customer care and taking advantage of the fastest growth trend - THE INTERNET.
Re: I Need To Host My Website: Nigerian Host Or Oversea Host?i Need Help by charliebiz(m): 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2008
YOU CAN CONTACT ME TO GIVE A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN GET A CHEAP AND RELIABLE HOSTING PACKAGE. THEY ARE RESELLERS OF KIOSK HOST HERE IN NIGERIA WITH GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT. NEVER USED A HOST BEFORE? NOT TO WORRY, THEIR CPANEL VIDEO TUTORIAL WILL MAKE YOU PROFICIENT AND EQUIP TO MAKE THE MOST USE OF YOUR HOSTING PANEL. THEIR SERVER HAVE THE LIKES OF MIKE FILSAIME, OWNER OF PAYDOTCOM,LISTDOMCOM,7FIGURESECRET,ETC ON BOARD. IT ALSO HOST GLENN GREGAND SOME OTHER PROMINENT INTERNET MARKETERS AROUND THE WORLD, DUE TO ITS FRIENDLY AND REALIBLE PANEL/SERVER. THERE LEAST PACKAGE GOES FOR N1000 BUT WITH THE PROJECT YOU HAVE I THINK YOU SHOULD GO FOR THEIR INTERNET MARKETERS KIT, PACKAGE SORRY CAN'T GIVE YOU THE PRICE HERE OR YOU TRY OUT THE PACKAGE (70GIG) AND SOME OTHER UNLIMITED FEATURES FOR N1000 FOR ONE MONTH.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, YOU CAN MAIL ME.
Charles Okaformbah
charlie4biz@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Review Isokomirror News Paper Website / Any Webmaster Here Who Has Used Wordpress For Ecommerce? / 2017! Google Changes Search Engine Logo, See New Logo Here (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.