Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Bike from the states!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Bike from the states!! (1475 Views)

Vehicle Inspection Officers(vios'): In The States In Nigeria: / Do Any One Need A Power Bike From Cotonu 4 Chip Price / Between Brand New Toyota Corollas In Africa And That Of The States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bike from the states!! by fotodaddy: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2008
If you think buying a car is stress, you need to see what Jenju has gone through to get me a bike. Should I give the details??
Re: Bike from the states!! by jenju(m): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2008
As you wish. The customer is always right smiley
Re: Bike from the states!! by fotodaddy: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2008
We started our quest so far back that I canot even find the original thread. shocked

The bike I want is the HONDA VFR 800 with ABS. Aka INTERCEPTOR.

I wanted a used one cos the difference in price is so large between the used one and the new one that it didn't make any sense not getting one. Searching ebay and cycletrader, we spotted an excellent model. We wired the funds and you wont believe it but on account of it's originating from Naija, the guy scuttled the deal and returned the money before you could say jack robinson.

This just taught us that we cannot reveal our identity as Nigerians until the money was with the seller. Its ridiculous and sad that people dey fear Naija like this cry cry God go help us.

Getting a bike involves a number of challenges. The first is finding one. The model with ABS is slightly more scarce and about 1000USD more expensive than the non ABS model so it means we generally cannot restrict our search to those bikes close to us. Then is the issue of moving to bike back to Jenju!! There are specialized folks who do that with special vehicles etc. cost is from 550 usd upwards!!! shocked Then you cat just put a bike on a ship!! It needs to be crated and inspected etc in readiness for shipping!! So that some extra wahala again!!!

But throgh it al, and Jenju and I have been on this 'project' for quite a while, we have been in touch cordinating and schemeing on how the get the best bang for the buck. I am quite happy to say that it looks like our ordeal is reaching its end and we are concludig with another guy.

I wont speak too so but there'll be updates here.
Re: Bike from the states!! by ariblaze(m): 11:46am On Sep 08, 2008
now am really scared

cos the states is actually one of

my many options for a bike

ist bike was in 99 bought it from oyinbo,but i guess i was one of the lucky ones , Kawasaki gpz 250cc

it wasn't scrap and the engine tuned nice

suffice to say i would really not want to try my luck again with regards to the oyingbo site, togo is another option

meanwhile fotodada, whats up with your bike? sold it yet?
Re: Bike from the states!! by Matthew452: 5:47pm On Apr 16
Cruising down the winding roads of the States, a bike becomes more than just a mode of transportation—it's a symbol of freedom. Amidst the vast landscapes and bustling cities, the quintessential American bike ride demands both style and function. Enter the bike cup holder, a simple yet essential accessory that transforms a ride into a leisurely experience. Whether coasting through downtown avenues or tackling rugged trails, having a convenient spot for a refreshing beverage elevates the journey. From classic beach cruisers to rugged mountain bikes, the addition of a bike cup holder embodies the spirit of convenience and relaxation on two wheels.

(1) (Reply)

10 Seater Nissan Vannet Bus For Sale On Hired Purchase / Clean Honda Bullet For Sale-480k / 2004-2005 Toyota Avensis For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.