Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Amarok The worlds Greatest Music player just got Beta - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Amarok The worlds Greatest Music player just got Beta (724 Views)

New Windows Music Player Designed With The Map Of Nigeria / Windows 7 Beta: Now Available / Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amarok The worlds Greatest Music player just got Beta by bigrovar(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2008
Amarok is argueably the best music player in the world. (ok that is my Opinion) But its really that good and i have yet to come across any music player that comes close .with  Wikipedia lookup and lyrics download  Magnatune integration, allowing no-cost full listening of all the music in their catalog, and DRM-free purchasing. sync  with any music player like your ipod or iphone .
the good news is that this awesome software just got better with the release of Amarok 2.0 beta ,  which i installed  few hours ago ,  and i was amazed at what i saw ,  i couldnt believe my eyes ,  here was a re branded amarok equipped with  KDE 4 technology like Phonon for audio and Solid for device interaction, along with extensive use of SVG and Plasma for the new interface. Amarok will also have better integration with online services with Magnatune, Jamendo, Ampache and MP3tunes already supported. A robust services framework will make adding support for other services much easier This release will also add support for Windows and Mac OS X.

for those  on ubuntu add this to your source list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/project-neon/ubuntu hardy main

sudo apt-get update

or reload synaptics

then
 sudo apt-get install amarok-nightly 

here is the screenshot i took after i installed it ,

Re: Amarok The worlds Greatest Music player just got Beta by tokzyt(m): 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
big rovar, how u dey? long time.

am always proud of ur passion for ubuntu, keep it up.
Re: Amarok The worlds Greatest Music player just got Beta by edgecution(m): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2008
@ Bigrover

Can i change my ms xp to ubuntu?
Re: Amarok The worlds Greatest Music player just got Beta by semid4lyfe(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2008
Bigrovar,is amarok media player compatible with windows vista O.S.If it is post a link so dat we can we can download it.

(1) (Reply)

Read Mail / New Trojan In Mass Dns Hijack / Please How Do You Think One Can Improve Technology In Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.