Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,052 members, 7,810,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60456 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2006
Seun, i guess thats a very neccessary punishment.

I thought we that comes to nairaland (both muslims and xians) are adopting a more sensible and intellectual ways of dealing with religious tension but if we continue the way we are going i dont see how different we are with the hoodlums terrorising the people using religious sentiments. lets try and be more reasonable, please.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by hammah(m): 3:14am On Oct 06, 2006
very sensitive and dangerous discuss! undecided undecided undecided undecided[quote][/quote]
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2006
The month of Ramadan Kareem is very dear to Allah. It is the most august of all months, pure, generous and merciful. Do not let its nights go waste in slumber, its days in careless omission or loss of remembrance of Allah.

One of the etiquettes of Du'a is to ask for others, to remember those who are in need. It is a selfless act, displaying humanity and consideration for others. Allah loves a person who first asks for others, then prays fpr himself. The Sixth Imam (a) says: When a Muslim prays for his brother, (increase in) sustenance is given to him, afflictions are driven away, and the angels tell him "You will also receive the same".

Many people all over the world suffer indescribable miseries. Tyranny and oppression are rampant in many countries. There is little we can do to alleviate the sufferings. However we can at least pray sincerely for them, hoping that Allah will relieve them as He has power over all things. We also pray that Allah may give us the will and the ability to help others in whatever way we can.

Du'a no. 1 (for the nights of Ramadhan and for all occasions)
YAA MAFZA-E'E I'NDA KURBATEE WA YAA GHAWTHEE I'NDA SHIDDATEE ILAYKA FAZIA TU WA BIKASTAGHATH-TU WA BIKA LUD'TU LAA ALOOD'U BI-SIWAAKA WA LAA AT'LUBUL FARAJA ILLAA MINKA FA-AGHITHNEE WA FARRIJ A'NNEE YAA MAN YAQBALULYASEER WA YAA-FOO A'NIL KATHEER IQBAL MINNIL YASEERA WAA'-FU A'NNIL KATHEER INNAKA ANTAL GHAFOORUR RAH'EEM ALLAAHUMMA INNEE AS-ALUKA EEMAANAN TUBAASHIRU BIHEE QALBEE WA YAQEENAN H'ATTAA AA'-LAMA ANNAHU LAN YUS'EEBANEE ILLAA MAA KATABTA LEE WA RAZ'Z'INEE MINAL A'YSHI BIMAA QASAMTA LEE YAA ARH'AMAR RAAH'IMEEN YAA U'DDATEE FEE KURBATEE WA YAA S'AAH'IBEE FEE SHIDDATEE WA YAA WALIYYEE FEE NIA'-MATEE WA YAA GHAAYATEE FEE RAGHBATEE ANTAS SAATIRU A'WRATEE WAL AAMINU ROO-A'TEE WAL MUQEELU A'THRATEE FAGHFIRLEE KHAT'EEE-ATEE YAA ARH'AMAR RAAH'IMEEN

O my Ultimate Sanctuary when troubles surround me! O my Last Hope when difficulties trouble me! Unto Thee I turn to, before Thee I stand to get help, with Thee I take refuge, except Thee there is no refuge; I do not seek joy after sorrow from anyone save Thee, so come to my help and free me from cares O He who accept even the smallest (efforts) but excuses from restrictions, accept whatever little there is and release from hardships frequently, Verily Thou art Oft-forgiving, Merciful. O Allah I ask for the faith which gives joy, satisfaction and confidence to my heart till I am positively aware that I will not have my fill unless it has been approved for me, and happiness will agree with me only whereby justly and fairly distributed, O the Most Merciful. O my "means" in my troubles! O my Companion in my difficulties! O my Guardian in my happiness! O the ultimate of my inclinations! Thou covers up my shortcomings, affords security in the event of crisis end fearful disasters, therefore, overlook my transgressions, O the Most Merciful.

Du'a no. 2 (for the nights of Ramadhan and for all occasions)
The Holy Prophet (SA) had advised to recite the following Dua'a after every obligatory Prayer to obtain Allah's Mercy:
ALLAAHUMMA ADKHIL A'LAA AHLIL QUBOORIS SUROOR
ALLAAHUMMA AGHNI KULLA FAQEER
ALLAAHUMMA ASHBIA' - KULLAJAA - EEI'N
ALLAAHUMMA AKSU KULLA U'RYAAN
ALLAAHUMMAQ - Z''I DAYNA KULLI MDEEN
ALLAAHUMMA FARRIJ A'N KULLI MAKROOB
ALLAAHUMMA RUDDA KULLAGHAREEB
ALLAAHUMMA FUKKA KULLA ASEER
ALLAAHUMMA AS'LIH' KULLA FAASIDIN MIN UMOORIL MUSLIMEEN
ALLAAHUMMASH - FI KULLA MAREEZ''
ALLAAHUMMA SUDDA FAQRANAA BI - GHINAAKA
ALLAAHUMMA GHAYYIR SOOO - A H'AALINAA BI - H'USNI H'AALIKA
ALLAAHUMMAQ - Z''I A'NNAD DAYNA WA AGHNINAA MINAL FAQR INNAKA A'LAA KULLI SHAY - IN QADEER

Meaning…,
In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful.
O Allah bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad.
O Allah, gladden the people of the graves,
O Allah, enrich every poor person,
O Allah, satisfy every hungry one,
O Allah, clothe every unclothed one,
O Allah, help every debtor pay his debts,
O Allah, relieve every distressed one,
O Allah, return every traveller (to his home),
O Allah release every prisoner,
O Allah, correct every wrong in the affairs of the Muslims,
O Allah, cure every sick one,
O Allah, ease our poverty by Your wealth,
O Allah, change our evil state to a good one
Through Your excellent state,
O Allah, relieve us of our debts, and help us against poverty,
Surely You have power over all things.

Almighty Allah, please aceept our fastings, namaaz, and duas during this auspicious month of Ramadan. Please shower your choicest mercies, peace, blessings, protection, forgivness, on all believing men, women, children, and all brothers and Sisters in Islam, those who are alive and those who are dead. Keep us away from the vices of this world, and help us your servants in remembering you, be thankful to you, and pray to you always. Oh Allah protect our brothers, sisters, and children who are suffering around the world for various reasons. Oh Allah do not lay a burden on them more than what they are able to bare. Oh Allah, help us to join hands in the name of Allah and in the Name of Islam and help our brothers, sisters and children in need. Oh Allah, help us! for you are the only one that can help us!!

May Allah's mercy and blessings be with you through out this Holy month of sacrifice and all the days after, Insha-Allah. May all your good a'amaals & du'as be accepted, wishes fulfilled and all your sins forgiven.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by abbey02(f): 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2006
Amin,he will surly answer our prayers.belloti u've really done a great job.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2006
Thanks Abbey
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2006
I wish to offer my sincere condolences to the Nigerian Muslims on the death of the Sultan of Sokoto in the recent plane crash.
May his family and friends be comforted.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2006
Babyosisi, i never could have predicted your sincere condolence to the muslim ummah. The Sultan was the spiritual head of the nigerian muslims, it was indeed a great loss. Thank you.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 01, 2006
belloti, every soul is precious.
He was human just like me and I'm sure he is being greatly missed.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2006
subuanlahi ayulqayum
subuanallahi amadun samadun wahid
subuana allahi khafaral ayumul karim
laillaahiala
wa ha da hu wal sharikalahum
lahumulku wa al hu am dou
yu hee wa yu mee tou
wa uwal allah kul in shain qadri
inalila wa inaliahi rajiun
ya sidiratu.omolodja
allahuma fir lahu wa la na hum
zulu man alaya fani
lahilaahilalahu muhamaadu rasululahi
sadiki adi lamri

@belloti am sorry for the other day i was just too sad and too angry at myself.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by baabolight(m): 7:19am On Nov 07, 2006
Thank You!
babyosisi:

I wish to offer my sincere condolences to the Nigerian Muslims on the death of the Sultan of Sokoto in the recent plane crash.
May his family and friends be comforted.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2006
Mukina its noted. Hope you are feeling better now?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2006
@belloti am trying though its not easy, i pray that Allah the Almighty give me the strength to move forward cry cry cry
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2006
oh dear. Am sure everything will be just fine. We shall include you in our prayers too.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2006
hi ere. I listened 2 a radio show & learnt something 'new'about islam. D guest on dz show explained about d basics of creation and dt d difference btw man & d angels is that man has FREEWILL while d angels do not. D guest made us2 understand dt Adam disobeyed Allah not cos He wanted to be stubborn but satan deceived him by saying'walahi'. Adam had been told that anyone that uses 'walahi' i.e. swearing by Allah's name is saying d truth but satan lied. Allah created Adam and put him in the heaven without
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2006
he(Adam) working 4 it, Adam&eve begged Allah, they were 4given but Allah sent them2 earth so that they'll learn a lesson.Allah said that 4 em (and man) 2 come bak 2 heaven, they'll need to work4 it-which is y we r n earth. What am posting ere is just a summary of wt d guest said but one point huz made-WE WERE CREATED TO SERVE ALLAH AND WORK 4 HEAVEN. i wasn't 4tun8 to listen to d end of d show but i know it'll continue next week friday on 103.5fm. anyone wu knows where this is in d QURAN can also post it
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2006
@Mustay: It is Suratul Araf (Chapter 7, verse 21).
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2006
@olabowale, Jazakallah
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2006
Learnt that a dead relation could be a source of paradise to his or her parents. It's said that on d last day,the child wu left earth will clung on d feet of his parent and beg Allah to allow him or her enter paradise. IT'S also said that comments matter during burial cos d angels will take note of d people's comment and present it to Allah. SO IT'S ADVISED THAT U BE GOOD, this just reminds me of Abacha's death and d comments dt people made,
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2006
Mustay, i pray our kids shall cling on our legs too while we clung on our own parents
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2006
AMEN. do not 4get that it's rewarding to fast on Arafat day. you'll be 4given d sins of 2 years.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 5:15am On Dec 29, 2006
It's also REWARDING to pray in d midnight during d hajj
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2006
@ola . .belloti . .mustay . .

what are ur views on muslims visitin the cemetry undecided

i was arguing the other day with a cousin .that it is not good .but she kept sayin it was good .
what do you guys think?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by baabolight(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2006
The religious belief is that it is not good, regardless of the fact that our loved ones are there.  However, we are encouraged to remember them in prayer rather than going to the cemetery to waste time.
If the burial place is at home or a more personal place, we can plant trees nearby.  
Since one of the benefits the death derived from the living is our prayers for them, spend your time praying for them rather than visitting the cemetery.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2007
I've not seen where it's wriiten or said that it's not good.
Yes, rememba em in ur prayers but my paale(father) visits d grave of one of my late cousins occasionally and he prays on the graveyard.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2007
Am not sure about the Islamic stand on it but i know its a very common practice even during the hajj. But i shall find out, Insha Allah.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 7:39am On Jan 20, 2007
though a day late, HAPPY NU YEAR!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by hafeez65: 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2007
happy new year to all
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2007
happy new year to you too kiss
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 11:33am On Jan 22, 2007
May Almighty Allah Forgive our sins and Answer our prayers this new year and beyond. Amen. Happy New Islamic Year to you all.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2007
It's said that sinning in this month of d year(hijrah) and d other sacred month 's GRAVER than that of other months of d year.
Also, doin good deeds attracts greater rewards during this month, So 'to be good or not to be bad?'
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by tesse(f): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2007
salam'
what i have larnt bout Islam today is that it is a religion of contentment and self fulfilling if practised well,and to leave matters that do not concern you.i was born into it n pray to Allah that i die a muslim.[color=#000099][/color]ma salam. cool
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by nuru(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2007
Salam,

Learned that perseverance and steadfastness is required with prayers in order for one's wish to be granted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.