Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,716 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Could This Be Virus? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Could This Be Virus? (804 Views)

Shortcut Virus Removal From Windows 7 PC / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help / How To Retrieve Your Files From FOLDERS Turned Into SHORTCUTS By VIRUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Virus? by honsule(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2008
battery power refused to change to "power saver",while browsing the opera,firefox closes itself.the system turned my mmc to an exe files and the settings on the system too changed:theme and resolution.what should i do?w.vista
Re: Could This Be Virus? by dragnet: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2008
wrong section hons !! tongue tongue
nevertheless get urself Nod32 or a good antivirus & do a system scan smiley
Re: Could This Be Virus? by honsule(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2008
@dragnet.i guess avast or KAV is cool.i have solved the problem simply by restoring back up files in my recovery D.least i 4got any body having forgotten admin password on his system should just contact me.i solve one just two days back without even using any softwares.just a little manipulation.one love cool cool
Re: Could This Be Virus? by honsule(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2008
there is this rubbish norton antivirus that came with hp laptop,is proving very difficult to uninstall.almost for an hour now the removing bar is com plete but it doesn't want to remove.why?
Re: Could This Be Virus? by dragnet: 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2008
I Use CCleaner to uninstall sturbbon stuffs. .or I tamper with the software's files in the registry
Re: Could This Be Virus? by MrCrackles(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2008
It could be!
Re: Could This Be Virus? by uspry1(f): 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2008
For Norton removal tool, you need your product key to use this download software.

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Good luck!

For McAfee removal tool, go restart your computer in Safe Mode using Add/Remove software to click uninstall McAfee.

I have done all outdated 1995 McAfee CD myself for my family and my friend's computer system/laptop where they stuck not able to upgrade McAfee for a long time without informing me this matter. angry

Luckily they have not gotten virus attack surfing on the internet since 1995! grin
Re: Could This Be Virus? by schibaba(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2008
honsule:

battery power refused to change to "power saver",while browsing the opera,firefox closes itself.the system turned my mmc to an exe files and the settings on the system too changed:theme and resolution.what should i do?w.vista

It could be a Malware or Spyware problem. Avast is a good and free antivirus, it has always worked well for me. You could download Super Antispyware and Malwarbytes, these are free and very good Spyware and Malware removal tools. You could also get Windows Defender from Microsoft, its also rated high.

Good Luck
Re: Could This Be Virus? by honsule(m): 12:59am On Aug 28, 2008
dragnet:

I Use CCleaner to uninstall sturbbon stuffs. .

i downloaded the CCleaner and it deleted about 40mb junks on my notebook.
@Schibaba.thankz
Re: Could This Be Virus? by dragnet: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2008
honsule, the registry option is also useful especially to remove 'footprints' of trial warez
Re: Could This Be Virus? by honsule(m): 10:27am On Aug 28, 2008
@dragnet.i don't understand.can you throw more light on the registry
Re: Could This Be Virus? by inze(m): 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
My advice, 'don't tamper wit ur registry if u know nothin bout it'
Re: Could This Be Virus? by honsule(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ize.Really?I have just temper with it.In fact,i make it to fix some stuff or is it delete now.

(1) (Reply)

My Pc Locked / Help provide information on the Cheapest Gsm Internet For Laptops / Installing And Running Windows Xp On A Computer With Vista Already Pre-installed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.