Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Sharing My Multiinks Connection? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sharing My Multiinks Connection? (672 Views)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by pespes: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2008
hello all, i want to share my multilinks connection with two pcs, one is running on win server 2k3 and the other vista, i am making use of a 8 port hub.
i have checked the share this internet connection on the dialup icon,and it gave an ip of 192.168.0.1 automatically.the subnet is 255.255.255.0. on the server.what else do i configure on the server and the client computer?
pls explain the whole process to me .

thanks for ur reply
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by memento: 11:37am On Aug 26, 2008
welcome to the world of frustrations!!!!!! Do not complain later on ooooo
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by pespes: 11:44am On Aug 26, 2008
u should reply instead of passing unnecessary comments
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by timbabng(m): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2008
. . . . .connect them together and go to network connections, start a new home/office connection and everything will be done.

P.S he was telling you the truth cos multilinks can be frustrating
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by DualCore1: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2008
ehhh? multilinks
two computers
which multilinks? the one that can't even serve one pc properly? no just do, o ma run down ni. tongue

anyway i'll show u sha. let me just explain. if u don't get ma explanation, i'll make a video.

set up the dial-up connection.
goto the dial-up connection properties,
goto the "Advanced" tab
choose "Allow other computers to connect to my bla bla bla"
click ok, it tellz u that your ip will be set to 192.168.0.1
click ok then dial then your connection.

u don't need a hub for just 2 PCs. connect the other PC directly to the server using a network cable. put the other pc's ip address on automatic.

so in summary
Server PC = IP Address is 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
Client PC = IP Address is Automatic.

hope this works, but mehn, i wont advise u attempt this internet sharing on multilinks o.
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by ernal(m): 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2008
explain more
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by kinharold(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
does anyone know about multilinks in port harcourt? their addresss pls
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by DualCore1: 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2008
No multilinks in port harcourt, i dont think we need more crap than d starcomms 1x to deal wit here.
Re: Sharing My Multiinks Connection? by boro43(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2008
please how will i share my dial-up modem (starcomms) with a wireless computers. i have a netgear router but i dont know how to go about the connection.

(1) (Reply)

Cost of Repair of Damaged Computer Parts. / I'm Having Problem Browsing With My Multi-links / I Want A Brand New 30 Inches Plasma Tv For 100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.