Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Piriton And Perilon - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Piriton And Perilon (17955 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Piriton And Perilon by TOLABABE1(f): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2008
In the cause of my search for Pimples cure, a doctor friend of mine prescribed Piriton and Perilon to be taken 2tablets twice a day (Morning and Night), but i am afraid of future side effect. Although i am the type who dislike drugs but my present circumstances wouldn't let me be my simple drugless person and i don't want to create further problem for myself.

What do you all think of this drug.

All responses shall be appreciated

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Piriton And Perilon by TOLABABE1(f): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2008
I dn't want to beleive that we don't have competent doctors in the house.

Doctorrrrrrrrrrrrrs pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now, i strongly beleive in you guys so much and i am desperately waiting for your responses.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Piriton And Perilon by MrCrackles(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2008
TOLA_BABE:

I dn't want to beleive that we don't have competent doctors in the house.

Doctorrrrrrrrrrrrrs pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now, i strongly beleive in you guys so much and i am desperately waiting for your responses.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

desperation starting to creep in! grin
Re: Piriton And Perilon by TOLABABE1(f): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2008
lol
Re: Piriton And Perilon by DatNiggaAk(m): 10:13am On Aug 29, 2008
you dey look for free medical advice abi? angry
better go to a hospital and enrich a doctor so you can get a solution grin

welll, ,i dont have much to add but to tell yo that Perilon(same thing is as prednisolone) is a
very strong corticosteroid usually used by artritics and rheumatics.
it has very dangerous side effects and the least is that you put on weight.even for sufferers of
rheumatoid arthritis,long term use is discouraged.

for futher information,go to the link provided
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR602333

Description
Corticosteroids (cortisone-like medicines) are used to provide relief for inflamed areas of the body. They lessen swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions. They are often used as part of the treatment for a number of different diseases, such as severe allergies or skin problems, asthma, or arthritis. Corticosteroids may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Your body naturally produces certain cortisone-like hormones that are necessary to maintain good health. If your body does not produce enough, your doctor may have prescribed this medicine to help make up the difference.
Corticosteroids are very strong medicines. In addition to their helpful effects in treating your medical problem, they have side effects that can be very serious. If your adrenal glands are not producing enough cortisone-like hormones, taking this medicine is not likely to cause problems unless you take too much of it. If you are taking this medicine to treat another medical problem, be sure that you discuss the risks and benefits of this medicine with your doctor.
These medicines are available only with your doctor's prescription.
Once a medicine has been approved for marketing for a certain use, experience may show that it is also useful for other medical problems. Although this use is not included in product labeling, some corticosteroids are used in certain patients with the following medical condition:
• Croup in children (dexamethasone)
If you will be using this medicine for a long time, your doctor may want you to:
• Follow a low-salt diet and/or a potassium-rich diet.
• Watch your calories to prevent weight gain.
• Add extra protein to your diet.
Make certain your health care professional knows if you are already on any special diet, such as a low-sodium or low-sugar diet.

2 Likes

Re: Piriton And Perilon by TOLABABE1(f): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2008
thanx and god bless
Re: Piriton And Perilon by titilaelae(f): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
@Poster, do not expect a doctor to have answer to your every question at his/her fingertips. Next time, instead of desperately waiting for doctor's response, just google search the drug/topic you have issues with and you'll have various write ups on your topic. Goodluck to you
Re: Piriton And Perilon by otokx(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
perilon seems to be the same thing as prednisolone which if consumed regulary can give you "moon" face and its really not good for you.
Re: Piriton And Perilon by kiwi992(m): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hi,

I don't know anything about Perilon.

However, for many years, I took Piriton for my hay fever - two tablets a day - morning and evening, in the summer months.  My allergy to pollen has completely stopped as a result of taking these tablets and now, I can enjoy the British summer once again. 

The box says:

'WARNING: May cause drowsiness.  If affected, do not drive or operate machinery.  Avoid alcoholic drink'.

That said, I never, ever experienced any side effect.  I've still got a box in my medicine cabinet, just in case I start sneezing incessantly (accompanied by a runny nose) whenever the sun comes out.

The box also says: 

Fast relief from the symptoms of
- hay fever
- skin allergies
- food allergies
- pet allergies
- house dust mite allergies
- insect bites
- mould spore allergies

"Also relieves the itchy rash of chickenpox".

kiwi992.

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not a medical doctor, neither am I qualified in the medical field.  I was only relating my personal experiences with Piriton.
Re: Piriton And Perilon by TOLABABE1(f): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2008
Thanx everybody, i am glad you are all ready to help, @titilaelae, thanx too, if it were to be another thing i would have jump unto the google, but i find it difficult to undestand medical terms that is being used to answer medical question, unlike talking to a fellow friend.

All the same, thank you, i realy appreciate you guys and i am still looking forward to other responses.

Stay Bless all

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: 3 Returnees Evacuated From Dubai To Nigeria Have Tested Positive / Everything You Need To Know About Hypertension / Transformation Of Enugu State University (ESUT) Teaching Hospital (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.