Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tvs - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tvs (47548 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free To Air Satellite Tvs by babaegun(m): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2006
You may not know what is Free to Air or simply FTA. Free-to-air (FTA) is a term used to describe television (TV) and radio broadcasts which are broadcast unencrypted and may therefore be picked up via any suitable receiver. You actually need a dish, a Receiver, a positioner (optional), Lnb which will enable you to receive Digital Satellite TVs with CD Quality sound anywhere you are in Nigeria.

Stations like CNN, DWTV, SMILE OF A CHILD, CHRISTIAN CHANNELS, ARABIC CHANNELS and many more will be yours to view including AIT, CHANNELS etc.

Two options are available: Stationary and Movable options. If you have a dish that faces one satellite. You have a stationary option, and you only have access to view unecrypted channels on one particular satellite but if you have a motorized dish (movable option) which moves around to different satellites, then you will be able to connect to more satellites where more unencrypted TV Channels are located.

An installer may do an installation of a motorised one for you for at least N30,000 and above while the one facing a single satellite may be less.

Its really an alternative to the DSTVs of this world.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by ladex142(m): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2006
Yeah, i've heard about it and i actually know someone who uses it, but do you know the list of popular stations that one can receive on the Freee to air tv, i mean stations like Bet, Mtv, Vh1, Spike tv, e.t.c
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by babaegun(m): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2006
Well, since Free to Air is free. You may not have those TVs that are subscribed for on the pay tvs like DSTV, FSTV, SKY etc. But you have alternative stations. For Christian channels-There is God Asia, EWTN (catholic), TBN, AGAPE, TCC etc. Music channels - EATV, JCTV etc. Normal TV Stations - NTA, AIT, CHANNELS, PULSE, UBC, STAR TV, TVT, ITV, etc. News - CNN, DWTV, CCTV9, Children - Smile of a Child, and most stations broadcast Cartoon Network and beautiful programs for kids. There is MBC2, 3, 4 which is totally Films in Arabic and English. Well, FTA is a hobby. You can learn more at the following sites. Forums and sites www.vetrun.com and www.lyngsat.com. You will never regret going FTA cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Grizzly(m): 3:36am On Jul 06, 2006
Yeah rite, Fta sure gets u goin, cheesy
Are u a sales representative, or u actually install these satellites?
If the latter, can u give me a list of satellites, they channel u can scan from them, and the transpoders of these channels, thanx. cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by babaegun(m): 11:19am On Jul 06, 2006
Well, am just an addict. I have the setup being put up for me by some guys who really do not know the name of satellites but they are quite good at connecting your system to view the channels. Well, look at the attachment and you will have an idea of the satellites and the available channels in Nigeria.

I can connect to the following satellites: Pa 4, Pas 7/10, Intel 906, intel 902, NSS 703, Arabsat 2B, Badr C, Intelsat 10-02, Atlantic Bird 3, Express A3, NSS 7, Intelsat 907.

You can get more iinfo at the Lyngsat address in the post above.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Enigma(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2006
Baba_Egun

do these guys work in Lagos as in can they set up a motorised system for me in Lagos?

Second, what size dish will be required in Lagos?

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by twinstaiye(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2006
Yeah, FTA is the sure thing now. I am really into it big time. My next trial will be the Motorized Dish. This is because presently, I have three dishes in my house each facing different directions and with optimum signals. I can boast of the following channels amongst others, MBC1,2,3 and 4, ETV, Aljazeera sports, CNN, Sportsmax (showing live english premiership). If anyone needs more clarifications email me, I am always eager to render help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Enigma(m): 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2006
twinstaiye

What are the size of the dishes you are using? Is a 90 cm dish good enough in Lagos e.g. for Hotbird, Nilesat and Astra satellites?

I plan to use what is called a wavefrontier toroidal dish t90; it is like one 90cm dish but can be made to work like 16 dishes (i.e. 16 LNBs) and does not even need to be motorised.

Do you know anyone who instals FTA dishes in Lagos?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by twinstaiye(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2006
I dont know the sizes of my dishes, but I know they are the type used for Nilesat. The other one pointing to 68.5 degree east is DSTV type. I reside in Abuja, so, I would not know any installer over there in Lagos, but i know for sure that you can get an installer wherever Dishes are being sold. Please do let me into the wavefrontier toroidal dish t90, I want to believe I am interested if it is perfectly working for you. How much does it cost? is it available in Nigeria? etc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Enigma(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2006
The DSTV type dish will be about 80cm to 90cm --- so, not too big. Are the others about that size or bigger?

The wavefrontier toroidal dish t90 being 90cm is about the same size as the DSTV dish. There is also a t55 but i think it will be too small for Nigeria. I'm not sure that you can get the toroidal dish in Nigeria; in fact that is why I'm asking the questions; even in Egypt where I am now and where FTA is very popular, they don't seem to have the toroidal dish; i plan to bring one down from England later this year.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by twinstaiye(m): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2006
The Nilesate dish I am talking about is bigger than the DSTV, it should be about 1.8m.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by babaegun(m): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2006
Sorry guys, i've been away and i've not visited this site for quite an age now. But not to worry, I will try to answer your questions.

1. Yes, I know a guy that do such work in lagos but you have to PM me as I will not want to put his phone number here.
2. For Nilesat and the satellites you listed, you need a bigger dish. At least a 1.8M dish. There are 2.4m, 3.0m etc but the 1.8m dish will be ok for you if you intend to hook on to Nilesat.
3. For the prices, you should expect nothing less than N25,000. Though, you can still negotiate.

Finally, you will never regret it. On the Nilesat, there is MBC 2 which is total films - 24X7 and other exciting ones and the beauty of it is that, you will not pay any monthly subscription.

Many thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by twinstaiye(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2006
Baba_egun, how do we PM you, you dont even put your email address on your profile.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by austinyet(m): 10:49am On Oct 11, 2006
baba egun,how do u do?pls am intrested in connecting to nilesat satellite,how can i get your friend's phone number so i can call him and we can negotiate.pls mail me his phone number to my direct mail or augustinejembi@yahoo.com, this is my phone number 08022443488.pls i will be grateful.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by bash673(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2006
As you are discussing about FTA. What about the Dftv( Digital Free Television) that they say is available now in Nigeria. They say you only buy their receiver and you can watch up to 60 channels( etv, AIT, SABC 1-3, CNN, BBC, Arabic Channels, ITV, Fox Sports etc). They also said that you can request for a channel of your choice. Is it really true that the company Lixmoore can provide all these for free. I have been to their website but it has expired. How true is it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by babaegun(m): 6:43pm On Oct 17, 2006
Hi guys,

sorry for the slight delay. You can call the FTA guy on 08068229452 or 08057114351. His name is Adebayo. He will attend to all issues pertaining to FTA.

For the DFTV, am not aware but it will be a welcome development as they will provide a satellite where those stations will be connected to and the dish will likely be small.

well, post any info on that here for us to see. Such things are presently in UK and they are called "Free to View" where you pay nothing more than the cost of devices but they bombard you with adverts.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by bash673(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2006
The DFTV company is Lixmoore Investment Company (Nig) Ltd. They have offices @
-Block B, Suite 32, AOSEE Shopping Mall, 7th Avenue, 3rd Gate, Festac Town, Lagos
-AA37B, Nwachukwu Plaza, Alaba Int'l Market, Ojo, Lagos
-Shop D2A/40, ASPAMDA, Trade Fair Complex, Badagry Express Way, Lagos
Is this thing true pleased confirm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Joguns(m): 11:45am On Jul 18, 2007
Can someone pls help me with finding the position of NILESAT? I learnt one can get MBc2 and 4 on it! How can you make the EZ- positioner to find its position? Our positioner uses 01 for PAS 7,10, 02 for ST 1, 03 for INTEL 902C, and so on, I just want to know which position is NILESAT. I know it's 7 degrees W. Also, how do one enter the Menu, go into the installation and onto the dish setting to change information. Thank you all for this informative and educative forum.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Enigma(m): 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2007
For anyone who can get Nilesat, the Showtime package is currently "open" --- with English Premier League and much more.

You will have to search the Net on what to do if you have a suitable receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Truthman(m): 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2007
Is there anyone into FTA business in Port Harcourt? I have an FSTV decoder and would want to know if I can get FTA channels with it.

Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by sik: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2007
please I am in Nigeria and I have a free to air satilite, for the past one week i am not able to recieve some stations like ETV,SABC 1-3.

What can i do, i dont know if they have change their position or the frequency.

please help me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Enigma(m): 7:14pm On Sep 06, 2007
You can't get the SABC channels in Nigeria at present because the beam on which they are is only pointing at southern Africa and not Nigeria.

If your dish is pointing at the right satellite i.e. 68.5e (the same as for MyTV) you should be able to get ETV. In fact, I believe that ETV is currently totally FTA and not encoded.

Go into the menu of your receiver; select the PAS 7/10 satellite (68.5e) then enter the following info:

Frequency = 12722

Polarisation = Vertical or V

Symbol Rate = 26657

Save it and/or press scan; ETV should then appear. However, if it is coded, even if it appears you might not see pictures. In that case come back and post details of your receiver and we will see if entering codes can open the chanel.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by sik: 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2007
thank you i will try it and see if i can work. the dis i have is mesh dish 4.4m.
thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Enigma(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2007
In case you want to try your luck with the SABC channels, the info you need is as below. For both this and the earlier info for ETV, I am assuming you are using Ku band (if you are using C band, the parameters will be different).

Frequency = 11674

Polarity = Vertical or V

Symbol Rate (SR) = 26652
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by yaris(m): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2007
hi engime is like you get nilesat. pls what is your dish like, i learnt its not possible to track nilesat with this net dish in aba, its only possible with a fiber dish. so which one do you use.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by 6footplus(m): 11:28am On Oct 14, 2007
hey good day y'all, tvcabo on the hispasat is currently down, can anything be done to revive it say like a software download or some auto updates. i've checked some euro forums already and some advice against auto updates because dey dont allow new keys 2 be inputted when they've been changed.
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by badaru1(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2007
Please on which sat can I get Channel Tv for free and what is the frequency. I know a lot about both free to air and encrypted channels, I watched more than 900 stations in my house.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by seuen: 8:17am On Oct 15, 2007
Hi guys I've got a DSTV dish in South Africa. Is there a way I can get Nigerian Channels like AIT, NTA etc in PAS7/10 or can someon please post the details.
thanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by ricki: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2007
hi guys,

i live in the uk and there satellite packages all over the world like premiere(germany), canal+ (france), arabsat etc.  All you have to do is get yourself a patched receiver and bingo you are watching for free.  I have recently moved to satellite High Definition (HD), so i am sending my previous systems to niga. i will appreciate it if i can get someone to do justice to installation for me.

current system:

Dreambox 7000, Skystar2 PCI, Skystar USB, Triax TD88 on Moteck SG2100, Triax TD110 multi-LNB. Sky & ART cards. 45.0°E - 58.0°W
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by Enigma(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Yaris

I'm outside Nigeria presently and I don't currently get Nilesat because a big dish is required; I never bothered with it in Nigeria either - also because a big dish is required. The only time I got it was when I lived in Egypt and it was easy enough to get.

@ Seuen

I doubt you can get NTA & AIT on PAS 7/10 in South Africa because they are on the Ku Band and in any event are part of DSTV/Multichoice Africa package for which you have to subscribe; I doubt if they sell the Nigerian package in SA and even if you have a large enough dish you will probably have to get someone in Nigeria to buy you the card --- but then there is still the question of how you renew it monthly or quarterly. About 4 or 5 NTA channels are free on C Band on Intelsat at 27W (332E). Sometimes you can even see 'feeds' e.g. when the newscasters are stiil adjusting their head-ties and make-ups etc.

@ 6footplus

I think TV Cabo moved to Nagra 3; however, it is expected to be open again some time in the future.

@ricki

Hey your set-up is impressive; do you get feeds on your SS2?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by odaboy: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2008
hi am a new guy to in the fta world.
i have a bought a new receiver with dish and every thing.
i was able to fix the dish and attached the LNB.
I entered the correct settings i got from lyngsat.
after that i pressed the search button and no channel was displayed on the screen.
i want u guys to give me a detailed tutorials on how to programme SRTONG SRT 3650.
i don`t even know where 36 degrees is .
i want to know every thing .
i want to do it my self.
or if there is any link that can be of any help i will like it.thank u alot and stay blessed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tvs by ricki: 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2008
it depends on your location, you can pick up satfinder for couple of quid and moreover it is very easy to use, just attach your lnb cable to it and viola u in business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Few Information About The New Champion TV / Help My M.b.c 1,2,3,4,action And Max All Gone On 26 Badr 4 / All Dongle Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.