Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,756 members, 7,955,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

Change In Color Of The Files Lettering - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Change In Color Of The Files Lettering (732 Views)

Urgent! I Formatted My Laptop! Can I Ever Recover The Files?! / My Flash Is Broken. Please Is There Any Way I Can Recover The Files From It? / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Change In Color Of The Files Lettering by cazikeren: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
the files lettering in my document files as change from blank 2 blue, pls wat is the curse and wat is the solution 2 this problems.
Re: Change In Color Of The Files Lettering by Maleeq(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2008
There is no cause for alarm.

By default, files names in blue color indicates files that have been compressed to reduce disk space utilization.

You most probably have changed its setting under the property tab of the My Document folder.

To confirm this, follow this steps:

- On the folder/file that is colored blue, right click and then select "Properties"
- Next to the Attribute label, click the "Advanced" button
- In the "Compress or Encrypt Attribute" section, the[b] "Compress to save disk space"[/b] option should be checked.
- Un-check it and click through OK to revert back to the uncompressed state.

To change the entire attribute setting on the entire contents of a folder, follow the procedure described above. You will be prompted to either "Apply to this folder only" or "to include all subfolders and file". Select the latter and click OK.

My Opinion: Leave this option checked if your running low on free disk space. Else, remove it as it causes (minimal) a delay when those files are accessed, as it has to be uncompressed firstly.

Verdict: Its not a curse!!! grin

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Downloading In Ms Dos Mode / I Need A God-fearing Person Who Advertise On Sucess Digest / Call Us For Your Laptop ,desktop Computer Repairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.