Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Sophistication In The First Lady - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sophistication In The First Lady (1877 Views)

Will Donald Trumps Wife Melania, Be America’s Nude First Lady ? (photos) / Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd / Marieme Sall, Senegal's First Black First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2008
A First Lady is a trend setter. When she steps out her style and taste is observed and reported. She is a model of what young women want to be. Therefore, her appearance, image, ;hair style, facial expression and countenance, carriage, demeanour, etc, These are all veri important and endearing factors for the position.

Do you all agree with me?

In my opinion, Michelle Obama needs a special staff to help her with style- change that hair design for God's sake, remove all those blemishes and scars on her face and polish her teeth, after grinding it to uniformity, and her wardrobe, ;omg, she has a bad taste for fabric, color and cut!

Am I lying? What do you think? Tell,
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by toshmann(m): 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2008
a first lady should be an example for womanhood. laura bush is a near perfect description of a first lady. a woman whose place is beside her husband. not a power hungry attention seeker like mrs clinton. at the moment, mrs mccain is cutting the picture of a real conservative first lady. she is by her man, not wanting to overshadow or make headlines. doing charity work and not debating policy. despite her extreme wealth she is a typical wifey.

mitchelle seems to be towing the line of hillary. pity.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by SeanT21(f): 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2008
Please, Laura Bush and Cindy McCain are WEAK!!

Michelle Obama is a strong women who wants to be heard and is full of knowledge. She is not just Obama Backbone, She is a women who loves to express her opinions.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by BigB11(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2008
@poster:

I am 100% with you, but at the same time we must be very careful. What Michelle has is priceless and it is called "inner beauty and undiluted intelligence" Unfortunately, as the first lady, your appearance counts the most.
Michelle's facial expression is not sweet or friendly enough and her appearance is not the best (but, this could also be part of their strategy).
Her facial expression reminds me of a pissed off black woman.

I'm sure that Obama's camp is well aware of this flaw and with time they will address it; in fact, I think it is already being addressed, but it must be done gradually, or else folks (haters) will notice the appearance modification and then negatively capitalize on it.

Make no mistake about it, Michelle Obama is a very beautiful and strong black woman; her only problem is: she isn't a politician and too damn real to be placed in the middle of the mess (presidential campaign)

I have confidence that adjustment will be made appropriately.
Don't forget that Obama's team is one of the best around today; they are well organized and fully competent.

Pretty soon we shall all witness a brand new Michelle.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by BigB11(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2008
It would be simply foolish to try to compare Michelle to Cindy McCain or Laura Bush.
Again, what Michelle has can not be bought!

Obama's family will be the coolest and the most articulate first family ever.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by JeSoul(f): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
Big B1:

@poster:
Her facial expression reminds me of a pissed off black woman.
Nail on the head . . . but somehow she appeals to me, undecided I'm not sure why smiley

Make no mistake about it, Michelle Obama is a very beautiful and strong black woman; her only problem is: she isn't a politician and[b] too damn real to be placed in the middle of the mess (presidential campaign) [/b]

Right on the money, that's really her biggest problem.

Pretty soon we shall all witness a brand new Michelle.
I hope not too drastic.
I'm praying that soon it'll be gone be the days where a first lady is supposed to be a figure-head waay in the background, to be "seen" and not to be "heard", to only serve as "eye-candy" beside her husband - please, there has to be more for 1st ladys in life sad smiley. I for one wouldn't mind seeing a dynamic, fervent first lady who breaks the mold - in a good and endearing way.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by TheSly: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
I Tot i was the only one noticing. undecided
First ladies ought to be the epitome of womanhood. . . .
But im very sorry, Michelle Obama would make Iyabo Obasanjo look like Paris Hilton. grin
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2008
Toshmann, stop that nonsense angry Next time I hear you put HRC down you and I no go see eye to eye o

BigB1, you sound like a strategist in the Obama camp yourself. I like your response. That countenance of a pissed off black woman run in their family. Have you seen the brother? Anyway, my thread is in no way meant to dismiss her intelligence and inner warmth and beauty.

Sly, Early on in the campaign when they were on camera together, you would think she was Barack's mother; he was very youthful and she was so aged. She is about 3 years younger than him in age. BigB is right, she is work-in-progress!
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2008
How many people watched the entire acceptance speech last night? Did you see at the tail end when Michelle came on stage? You saw what she had on and the way she looked, that's unbefitting for a presumptive First Lady.

If I was advising, I will be certain that she has on a dress that will make the cover of fashion mags all over the globe. It will be a dress that will be retired and archived after the event, it shall resurface 20yrs from now on Sotheby's for exhibition and or auction.

I'm telling you, this Lady, much as I respect her strength and accomplishments, she need to create a signature and draw the fashion industry to her side. She is an asset to the campaign and her feminism need to be portrayed in her image. She is tall, curvy and sexy, c'mon, the frame is there and she need to model it with a sophistication befitting the woman that will be at fore front of political power.

BigB, my brother what do u say now about her dress last night? No give me political spin o, this one done pass w-i-p.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by BigB11(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
It is very difficult to talk about someone's wife; but she has to step it up.
She looked like she was attending a 4 yr old birthday party with her children.
The dress got to go, the makeup was too visible (too loud) and the FACIAL EXPRESSION was a killer (even when she smiles she is still killing birds)

I can no longer take it; Obama looked excellent as usual, but whatzup with the wife?

There was no reason for her legs to been seen last night; don't get me wrong, she has nice legs, but she should have worn a nice sexy long dress last night.

She has everything, but someone needs to show her how is done.

There are 7 types of smiles
We have sexy smile
We have lovely smile
We have yes, I'm ok smile.
We have sad smile
We have happy smile
We have sarcastic smile, and
We have genuine smile

Michelle needs to quit that Yes, I'm OK smile and put on one of the first 2.
Smile is everything, you are able to send various types of messages through your smile. So far, Michelle smile hasn't sent an incredible message.
And she needs to get this right before it's too late.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by toshmann(m): 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
hmmmn, BB1 the smilologists grin

anyway, laura remains the best 1st lady in recent times. cindy may be closer. not hillary, not michelle. she looks bitter, too tall, too i-sabi-too-no-look-down-on-me . unfit for the image grin
she needs plastic surgery. and ahaa, her younger daughter needs emergency dental work up wink (hey, just kidding grin )
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by agaba123(m): 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
toshmann:

hmmmn, BB1 the smilologists  grin

anyway, laura remains the best 1st lady in recent times. cindy may be closer. not hillary, not michelle. she looks bitter, too tall, too i-sabi-too-no-look-down-on-me . unfit for the image grin
she needs plastic surgery. and ahaa, her younger daughter needs emergency dental work up wink  (hey, just kidding grin )
Tosh onwere ihe na-esere gi na nwunye Obama grin
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by SeanT21(f): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2008
toshmann:

hmmmn, BB1 the smilologists grin

she needs plastic surgery. and ahaa, her younger daughter needs emergency dental work up wink (hey, just kidding grin )

Please don't go hating on my Lil Malia. That Girl is beautiful.

PS. I do not see anything wrong with the way Michelle Obama dress or smile. Maybe its just how she is.

Oh yeah, The best first lady will always be Jacki O aka Miss JFK!!!
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by toshmann(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2008
jackie wasnt bad. she was classy. a home maker. she emphasized the importance of interior decor for the whitehouse. she kept away from policy and politics while standing solidly behind JFK and for the kids. michelle could learn from her too.

how about cindy? nobody is talking about her. as rich as she is she is able to maintain a marriage . . . grin . . i mean, in america very few rich women are happily married . . grin . . .you know what i mean . . . independently rich women are not usually great marital examples cheesy but cindy is doing it.

agaba, i no get problem with michelle o. but tell am say make she de put up more smiles. e no de cost money to smile. infact experts say it takes less muscles and effort to smile than to bone wink
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by agaba123(m): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
Tosh

5 muscle vs 45 muscles
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by SeanT21(f): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2008
toshmann:

jackie wasnt bad. she was classy. a home maker. she emphasized the importance of interior decor for the whitehouse. she kept away from policy and politics while standing solidly behind JFK and for the kids. michelle could learn from her too.

how about cindy? nobody is talking about her. as rich as she is she is able to maintain a marriage . . . grin . . i mean, in america very few rich women are happily married . . grin . . .you know what i mean . . . independently rich women are not usually great marital examples cheesy but cindy is doing it.

agaba, i no get problem with michelle o. but tell am say make she de put up more smiles. e no de cost money to smile. infact experts say it takes less muscles and effort to smile than to bone wink

YOU GUYS ARE AFRAID OF MICHELLE BECAUSE SHE IS A STRONG WOMEN.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2008
She looked like she was attending a 4 yr old birthday party with her children.

POINT!!

There were many opportunities lost. Notable among them, she could have appeared in a pant-suit, symbolically tying that image back to HRC's famous punch line in her speech two nights before; "the sisterhood of travelling pantsuits". It would be a tribute. The message would have been quickly picked and circulated by the media, it would soften the existing rift in the party and further enamored HRC's followers and entice them back into the party fold.

At the top of the Obama campaign, too many white staffers that may be very good at outfitting a white woman but not be as effective with a black woman and in their attempt to fit her the best they can, in their own stereotypical understanding of how black women dress, they have done damage. What she had on was the bottom of the chest, the xmas outfit of women in the ghetto. What she need is a trend setting wardrobe that is uniquely designed for her shape and frame, colors to balance against her dark skin, , she is a mother raising young girls, she becomes mother to all young girls in the country therefore moral values will also have to be considered, no show of skin in certain areas - show me your back, no dress above knee level, no figure-hugging tight-fitting dress. Oh my, pheeeewww, *Negro wipes sweat beads off his brow, **

During the next two months the public will be watching her and what they hope to see is a First Lady image. This should be her campaign, "that she is the most qualified wife to be in the white house". Some rednecks are already blogging that they hate McCain's non-conservative stance but that they see his wife as a barbie doll image and are comparing her to Jacquelyn Kennedy already; that is a strong statement and a huge endorsement. They hate the husband but, ; hey we will vote for him anyway because the wife make us all look good with her image. Michelle has three women to compete with and if she looses the battle it may cost Barack the white house. America is all about image. She has Cindy McCain, Jill Biden and now Sarah Palin; if her public image is not at par or better than all of these three women then her credibility as a befitting First Lady will be questioned and she may become subject of ridicule.

The image of the First Lady should be a soft and humble one, not a strong independent demeanour. Thats what HRC was and you all see what happened to her. Nobody is questioning Michelle's education and intelligence, thats a given. Her role in the white house is not for academic excellence, it is a ceremonial role. She hosts political leaders, she hosts world leaders, she travel overseas and represent USA on issues affecting family values and development, women rights, children rights, education, culture, etc, Americans need to be proud of her image, if they are not they will put someone in the white house that they believe can give them that pride. She need to transform before the end of September or it could be late. You are not hearing it in the media because they have been slapped for being sexist and racist, she represents those two dimensions and so they dont want to hit nerves that are already raw and open new sores but trust me, ; soon as the late night comedians start ridiculing her, you can bet that the mainstream media will jump on it and retroactively begin to analyse her image critically; particularly her appearance on the night of 08/28/2008 in Invesco field.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by Depilot(m): 2:32am On Aug 30, 2008
The image of the First Lady should be a soft and humble one, not a strong independent demeanour
@Negro_Ntns: you have a point there. this could also cost obama.

There was no reason for her legs to been seen last night; don't get me wrong, she has nice legs, but she should have worn a nice sexy long dress last night.
@ bigb: good point, i agree.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by KarmaMod(f): 2:35am On Aug 30, 2008
Actually I think her clothes are nice

People and mags have been fawning over her style

HOWEVER, her makeup is harsh and she needs to make her eyebrows less severe. Too plucked and the shape makes her look mean and not relaxed. Also her foundation powder makes her look WAY older than Barack.

I agree about the hair.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by KarmaMod(f): 2:40am On Aug 30, 2008
Laura Bush looks like a puppet.

Nancy Reagen looked more regal than that ho hum nitwit.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by toshmann(m): 4:22am On Aug 30, 2008
agaba123:

Tosh

5 muscle vs 45 muscles

agaba ur expertise don reach this side too grin eeeee, jack agaba of all trades
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by tpia: 2:13am On Sep 01, 2008
I have to agree about the eyebrows oh.

Can someone please help her out. She needs to look softer.

Tyra banks, where are you and your team of make up artists.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 7:58am On Sep 06, 2008
Guess what was aired last on CNN's ShowBiz-Tonight? Brooke Anderson, the hostess, is suggesting that given the styles of Michelle, Jill, Cindy and Sarah, the impression they create with voters could be a deciding factor in which pair of women of women are voted to the White House.

They, whoever *they* is thats working on a cosmetic remake for Michelle, need to hurry and hook the sista up. It might seem trivial in a political atmosphere but her looks is a turn off. angry
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2008
Anybody seen Mitchell lately? Any report on her makeover? She has not been appearing beside her husband lately. You guys planning to run for office in future, learn from this. Find a woman that is beasutiful inside but do not sacrifice the outer beauty, it carries weight and could give you an edge and there are women out there with admirable personality and outward charm and appeal. Make you no go marry wowo woman o come dey expect to get my vote, e no go happen, cheesy

Mitchell is beautiful, tall, curvy and dark skinned but just few symmetrical balances with the expression and she will be hot!
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by BigB11(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
Mitchell is beautiful, tall, curvy and dark skinned but just few symmetrical balances with the expression and she will be hot!

I totally agree with you; and something tells me that she will get there soon. I just hope it isn't going to be too late.

It's not what you do, it's how is done:::::Style is a KING
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by BigB11(m): 1:19am On Sep 18, 2008
@topic:

You may want to check this out!
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/fergie-michelle-obama-top-peoples-best-dressed-list/13183?nc

Fergie, Michelle Obama top People's best-dressed list
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 1:56am On Sep 18, 2008
BigB,

Its called suck up . . . or kiss-ass. . . muuh muuh! Those are people hoping to get a contract deal on her wardrobe. Read and notice how they described her but yet failed to put her picture on front cover. They are doing lip service in hope they will be invited to take her measurements and start designing her outfits and who knows, if she did become First Lady, then their ambition could bounce from just mere speculation to lucrative business.

BigB, you used to post well thought out contributions. Now you just spew out stuffs that don't have head or tail. What happened, is Palin's political rise stressing you out? Calm down my brother, another four years will be here soon for Democrats to try again.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by RichyBlacK(m): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

Laura Bush looks like a puppet.

Seriously, she reminds me of the Terrahawks (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085099/) grin
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2008
Anyone seen Michelle lately?

Is this a true picture of her or are my eyes deceiving me? Wow, I like this. Now this is a First Lady image.

BigB, where are you, how do you see your girl? grin

Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by KarmaMod(f): 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2008
ick.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by bawomolo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2008
haba, bad camera angle.
Re: Sophistication In The First Lady by NegroNtns(m): 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2008
Karma, she is Capricorn like you, January 17th.

Bawo, please fix your gaze upward to the face, the angle you need to see is above the waist level. Look at her like she is already in White House, with adoration befitting a First Lady.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrorists Attacks In France Leave Atleast 60 People Dead...pictures Update / (photos) Russia Submarine Bombs ISIS 1500 Miles Away / See What Iranian President 'Hassan Rouhani' Tweeted About US Election Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.