Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Lets Write A Novel Together - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lets Write A Novel Together (1329 Views)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Game He Lost (A Novel). / Lets Write A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Write A Novel Together by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2008
*Now the Concept of this Book is to make everybody have their own part in writing and see how we end a story, any story. All you have to do is continue from where the above writer stopped. JUST WRITE TWO MEANINGFUL SENTENCES PLEASE*

*So i'm going to start 1st.*

[size=20pt]CHAPTER ONE[/size]

Her day started very well, with a nice morning bubble bathe and a quick but wonderful breakfast. Until she meet him, Darren.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by taibatfash(f): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
Daren was like an apparition when he first appeared to her. All she saw was an enchanting smile on the most perfect face she had ever seen. Daren removed his well-cut desgner framed glasses and extended his hand for a handshake. She composed herself and gave an apologetic smile.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by emmy4naira(m): 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
she gave daren a humble handshake even though daren seems to be a cunning guy.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
emmy4naira:

she gave daren a humble handshake even though daren seems to be a cunning guy.
Yo' dis sentencce didnt enter in well men. You didn't have to repeat the handshake issue, try again k?

Contd from Taibatfash

"I'm Darren", he said, "and i live on the fifth floor". All she could hear herself saying was "i want you, i need you, i want to have your babies". Unfortunately, it already came out of her mouth, and she couldn't stand the smile of Darren, because she didn't know if he was mocking her or just glad he's gonna have a free lady to warm his bed.

There was just something about his smile, that is so innocent yet deceiving.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Sisikill: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
He had watched for almost three week before arranging their "accidental" meeting this morning. He knew she lived alone, had frosted flakes for breakfast every morning and microwave meals for dinner. He knew she loved to exercise to the beats of “Mama Mia”. He knew she used Head and Shoulder’s shampoo and Colgate toothpaste, that every night before going to bed, she would leave a bowl of milk for the neighborhood stray cat.

He knew everything about her.

“Well I guess I’ll be taking you out to dinner tonight” he drawled and chuckled when her eyes widened “I want to know more about mother of my future children"

She smiled.

Perfect. He thought
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by adelarin(f): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2008
Like taking candy from a baby. He thought to himself smugly.

Dinner! DINNER! what will i wear? what will i say? what if i make a fool out of myself?
These questions raced in her mind.
Look on the bright side,her sensuous sense waded in, you might get laid.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by eizod(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2008
wetin i go do now? he thought aloud with this heavy erection
and cold shiverish sensation down his spine,
chie i don hammer
tonite na the nite, i go dive ocean
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Sisikill: 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2008
rotflmao, oh boy! today na today.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2008
eizod:

wetin i go do now? he thought aloud with this heavy erection
and cold shiverish sensation down his spine,
chie i don hammer
tonight na the night, i go dive ocean

Guy na wa O, make we use head for once now abeg.

Contd from Adelarin

Another thought raced through her mind "He doesn't even know my name, i might give him another name just in case we don't work out". Now even though Darren, seem to be the fly guy and knows his way around women, there's just something about this one that makes him want to settle down.
He never thought about ladies in this manner. He usually hangs out and most times end up forgetting their names, but this one, he's not sure he would ever want to stop knowing this one.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by yicob(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2008
Without much conviction, she agreed to go on a date with Darren that same evening.
"wow. . . .never knew this girl is so beautiful with her gap toothed angelic smile and a dove like eyeball. . . . .Hope this relationship wouldn't end as usual after one month of sexual escapades?" Darren imagined as they were making plans for the date.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Sisikill: 3:21am On Sep 04, 2008
She liked Italian, so he made reservations at the best downtown. She liked Orchids, he ordered a dozen. Her choice of wine. . . He stopped. This was a dinner to get to know her, he didn't want to scare her off by showing he already did. Darren didn’t see anything wrong with his study before venturing approach to relationships but some people found it creepy. So he unreserved the reservations, unordered the orchids and made the decision to pretend not to know what he knew.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by yicob(m): 8:30am On Sep 04, 2008
its 3pm. . . . .darren was in bed thinking ahead of how the dinner would go.
he was lost in his thought of how to appear for the dinner, the kind of embracement to give her when they meet again this evening and how to make her feel on top of the world by giving her a first class continental treat. Suddenly, he heard a gentle knock at the door. . . .he rushed to open, only to discover it was his dog and the neighbour's cat that were playing the pranks. . . .that same cat the lady use to give a bowl of milk every night.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2008
A wry smile played transiently on his face as the whole thing had him bemused. they were two adults acting like love-struck teens eagerly anticipating a first date. he cast his mind back to his actual first date ever, Lois. The blonde. the vixen. The heartbreaker.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by emmy4naira(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
he met Lois when he was still in the college, both of them had a good beginning with a lot of romance till everything in a twinkle of an eye went sour.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by PoDeep(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2008
Her mind-blowing sex still lingered in his mind. . .
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by yicob(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2008
Darren could have been lenient with ladies but his experience with Lois made him brutal. He will never go into a 100% trust relationship. He learnt his lesson though in a hard way. . . . . and it took him almost 2 years to get over the euphoria of Lois.  " huh. . . .what a beautifully made tall, slim and romantic blonde" he said as he recalled the good old days.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by taibatfash(f): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
He turned and stretched. He wished the time would just go faster, he wished darkness to come earlier, he wished,
'Hey boss you have a text message," his phone said. Darren opened his eyes and stared angrily at the phone. He felt the urge to kick it across the room but then, it was qiute an expensive phone and moreover he needed it to impress his dadte for the night. So he just shrugged and picked it up. He frowned when he saw that it was his brother. Derek was his younger brother and had been disturbing about bringing a girlfriend of his offer.
'You may like her. She is quite pretty," Derek had said the other day he visited. Darren smiled and read out the message. he was glad that it was not one of his brother's matchmaking attempts again.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by bluespice(f): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2008
" hey, i just found out this nice pizzaria just around ur block, im coming to pick u up on sunday nite"
The one person in the world he loved the most but grossly misunderstood him - Derek
He turned on his bed and willed his mind to think of other things other than his date
but that was an exercise in futility.
His mind seemigly on its own accord zoomed into focus the first image he had of her,
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by mykali(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2008
to say she looked like an angel was an understatement of the truth. . . . .
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
I know I'll probably get lashed for writing this, but I think I ought to.
1. This novel has no plot. I've never heard of a novel working like that.
2. Some people write better than others. I'm not putting down anyone's writing, abut alternating qualities of written work is sure to put the reader off.

Bonne chance!!!
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by emmy4naira(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2008
mactao:

I know I'll probably get lashed for writing this, but I think I ought to.
1. This novel has no plot. I've never heard of a novel working like that.
2. Some people write better than others. I'm not putting down anyone's writing, abut alternating qualities of written work is sure to put the reader off.

Bonne chance!!!
interesting to know that u'll get lashed, it doesn't matter if u read or not. if u cant write then get of the forum and stop discouraging those who are trying to come up with an idea which u lack.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by jummiee(f): 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2008
continuing from mykali,

The first time he had seen her was  three weeks ago, he had literally drooled and his eyes had bulged as she had walked into Macdonalds, dressed in a slinky white outfit which hugged her voluptous curves, as she sashayed to the counter to place an order, darren had a quick look around the eatery and saw that all male eyes were centered on her to the annoyance and irritation of their girlfriends. Right there and then, he had promised himself that he was going to get to know her and date her, the doorbell rang, breaking into his reverie, it was her! and with Derek.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by TrueBrit: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2008
emmeno on August 29, 2008 at 01:01 PM:

*Now the Concept of this Book is to make everybody have their own part in writing and see how we end a story, any story. All you have to do is continue from where the above writer stopped. JUST WRITE TWO MEANINGFUL SENTENCES PLEASE*
*So i'm going to start 1st.*

After laying down the rules and saying contribute TWO sentences, even the original poster seems confused on the form of the so called "novel". Typical Naija mentality. . . "Ignore the rules and make your own". undecided lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by bluespice(f): 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2008
emmy4naira:

interesting to know that u'll get lashed, it doesn't matter if u read or not. if u can't write then get of the forum and stop discouraging those who are trying to come up with an idea which u lack.

u clearly dont know who ur talking to or about

btw mactao this is definitely just for the fun of it,
c'mon NLanders write a novel then who takes the credit?

its kind of an adaptation of the role play thread
so i think atleast
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
emmy4naira:

interesting to know that u'll get lashed, it doesn't matter if u read or not. if u can't write then get of the forum and stop discouraging those who are trying to come up with an idea which u lack.

bluespice:

u clearly don't know who your talking to or about

between mactao this is definitely just for the fun of it,
c'mon NLanders write a novel then who takes the credit?

its kind of an adaptation of the role play thread
so i think atleast

@emmy4naira
Kindly do not say that I do not lack ideas again. Thank God bluespice clarified who I am, as regards writing. I didn't want to write this, but do please refer to the thread titled "For Nanaboi And Mactao" in Literature. Then you'll see that I do not write poor quality, poorly punctuated, overdescriptive pieces.

In case you've forgotten, your first sentence was rejected because it didn't fit in. emmeno forgot to highlight the poor combination of past and present tense that you used. The second one was a run on sentence, was poorly punctuated, and had a wrong version of a cliche. For crying out loud, why should you get a cliche wrong?

I apologise to everyone else whom I come off as arrogant to. Kindly do not comment on this tiff between emmy4naira and I. Keep writing please.
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2008
True Brit:

After laying down the rules and saying contribute TWO sentences, even the original poster seems confused on the form of the so called "novel". Typical Naija mentality. . . "Ignore the rules and make your own". undecided lipsrsealed undecided
I knew someone would catch me, I'm sory i'm sorry i'm sorry

SPECIAL THANKS

To real motivating writers: Taibatfash, Sisikill, yicob, Lamidebaby, emmy4naira (stop all the twisted stories u add), Bluespice, Jummiee

Please y'all, let write something meaningful please, please, Thank you
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by folaski: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2008
Darren was a complete stranger but good looking! she thought " is he comming to me?"
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by folaski: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2008
Darren was a complete stranger but good looking! she thought " is he comming to me?"
Re: Lets Write A Novel Together by emmy4naira(m): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2008
mactao:

@emmy4naira
Kindly do not say that I do not lack ideas again. Thank God bluespice clarified who I am, as regards writing. I didn't want to write this, but do please refer to the thread titled "For Nanaboi And Mactao" in Literature. Then you'll see that I do not write poor quality, poorly punctuated, overdescriptive pieces.

In case you've forgotten, your first sentence was rejected because it didn't fit in. emmeno forgot to highlight the poor combination of past and present tense that you used. The second one was a run on sentence, was poorly punctuated, and had a wrong version of a cliche. For crying out loud, why should you get a cliche wrong?

I apologise to everyone else whom I come off as arrogant to. Kindly do not comment on this tiff between emmy4naira and I. Keep writing please.

whao! mr writer, l never knew you are a great writer. well you know what, if you don't learn to humble yourself, then you are gonna get lashed again, again, and again.

and let ask mr perfect writer, did you become the perfect writer u said u are just in a day? guess your answer is gonna be NO. well then instaed of discouraging others who are trying to learn something why not just try to think of the positive things u can do as "the perfect writer" to help them. if you don't know, then ask.

let me say again, learn to humble yourself especially in a forum like this or else you'll get lashed.

(1) (Reply)

"roots" By Alex Haley / Public Petition: Seun Unban Sisikill / Are You A Research Writer? Let's Talk Business!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.