Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! (1809 Views)

2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! / Which Songs/Music Videos Pisses You Off Bigtime? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by Riskie(f): 12:24am On Sep 01, 2008
I'm up late tonight. I'm finding it hard to sleep for some reason. So anyway I was watching some Nigerian Music videos and I spotted some similarities that contributed to their general wackness.
This is not to say that there are some Nigerian artists who are doing a great job with their videos, but to be honest most aren't. Here are some of the things that I think make our videos either substandard, annoying or generally crappy.

1) Cheap videos that use the 'zoom in-zoom out' capabilities of the camera to make the video look more expensive  Well, it doesn't work. It's annoying and only contributes to the cheap look.

2) The scenes with the expensive alcohol on the table is over played and looks really lame  undecided

3) Most of the videos have no theme or concept/storyline at all. It's like just watching people mime their songs to a camera. sad

4) A word of advice to the newer artists: TAKE OFF THE SUNGLASSES!!! You are new. We need to see your face. Not only that but sunglasses are made for outdoors. There is no sun indoors. It just looks plain stupid. cool

5) Women with guts are not supposed to wear mid-drifts. It's offensive to my eyes. In fact it is offensive to my entire being. grin

6) Your whole "crew", your mother, father,brothers and sisters don't need to be in all your videos. Not everybody has a face meant for TV  tongue

7)  No more cheap cartoon videos. Just do a cheap real people video. tongue

8 ) The shining effect that makes "bling bling" look like it's actually that shiny just proves that it's not real  grin

9) Zooming into womens behinds and breast area us just disgusting. angry angry

10) Stop making us watch the same video over and over again: ie Come up with something other than girls shaking behinds, guys flashing bling and alcohol, displaying cars (especially Nissans and Toyotas.  .  . what the ).

11) Last but not least. What is this new trend of not using Nigerian girls in videos? I've seen a lot of South African girls in Nigerian videos lately. Are there no more women in Nigeria  It's like they are saying Nigerian women aren't good enough. If we don't appreciate ourselves it's no wonder no one else does. cry

Get creative. Get native.  kiss
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by solidgai: 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
risqie, wueva u r, i appreciate ur notes, these gais come out wit wack songs and blank, repetitive videos. i wonder who and wu is sponsoring all dis wastes.

peace
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by onyinye2(f): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2008
Riskie:

11) Last but not least. What is this new trend of not using Nigerian girls in videos? I've seen a lot of South African girls in Nigerian videos lately. Are there no more women in Nigeria  It's like they are saying Nigerian women aren't good enough. If we don't appreciate ourselves it's no wonder no one else does. cry
Riskie. . . . . i thought i was the only one who started to notice that. Because all i see now is South African women and Somalians. So its like. . . . . WTF.
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by Riskie(f): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Riskie. . . . . i thought i was the only one who started to notice that. Because all i see now is South African women and Somalians. So its like. . . . . WTF.

It's the ones who think they are making better videos who are the main culprits. It's like they're thinking 'we're shooting better quality videos, with better concepts, using better equipment, oh yea by the way we need better girls.' WTF? The South Africans don't come to Nigeria to use our girls in their videos, so why should we? Yey they want Nigerians to buy their music, go to their shows etc. Their target audience is Nigerian. They need to wake up.
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by onyinye2(f): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
Riskie:

It's the ones who think they are making better videos who are the main culprits. It's like they're thinking 'we're shooting better quality videos, with better concepts, using better equipment, oh yea by the way we need better girls.' WTF? The South Africans don't come to Nigeria to use our girls in their videos, so why should we? Yey they want Nigerians to buy their music, go to their shows etc. Their target audience is Nigerian. They need to wake up.
They do the same thing even in AA videos. Even though they use black women. . . . she gotta be light skinned. It is so ridiculous because they will just go around and start protesting that there isn't enough black representations in the fashion and music video world. And makes me wondering "Who are you targeting". I mean if you are portraying to black people, portray to all of them. If you are portraying to Nigerian people, portray and represent them.
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by MrCrackles(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2008
Nigeria music industry needs a complete overhaul

They need to step up their game and be themselves, not copying and trying to be wannabeez
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by Baro(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ Thread,

Nice one, but please do me a favour, list 5 "good" Nigerian music videos. I think that would help drive home your point(s)
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by shilling(f): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2008
Not all Nigerian music videos are lame. I'm also quite critical of the music video industry in Naija but guys like Psquare are really doing a great job.
Re: Nigerian Music Videos Are Crap! by lalaboi(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
Riskie:

I'm up late tonight. I'm finding it hard to sleep for some reason. So anyway I was watching some Nigerian Music videos and I spotted some similarities that contributed to their general wackness.
This is not to say that there are some Nigerian artists who are doing a great job with their videos, but to be honest most aren't. Here are some of the things that I think make our videos either substandard, annoying or generally crappy.

1) Cheap videos that use the 'zoom in-zoom out' capabilities of the camera to make the video look more expensive Well, it doesn't work. It's annoying and only contributes to the cheap look.

2) The scenes with the expensive alcohol on the table is over played and looks really lame undecided

3) Most of the videos have no theme or concept/storyline at all. It's like just watching people mime their songs to a camera. sad

4) A word of advice to the newer artists: TAKE OFF THE SUNGLASSES!!! You are new. We need to see your face. Not only that but sunglasses are made for outdoors. There is no sun indoors. It just looks plain stupid. cool

5) Women with guts are not supposed to wear mid-drifts. It's offensive to my eyes. In fact it is offensive to my entire being. grin

6) Your whole "crew", your mother, father,brothers and sisters don't need to be in all your videos. Not everybody has a face meant for TV tongue

7) No more cheap cartoon videos. Just do a cheap real people video. tongue

8 ) The shining effect that makes "bling bling" look like it's actually that shiny just proves that it's not real grin

9) Zooming into womens behinds and breast area us just disgusting. angry angry

10) Stop making us watch the same video over and over again: ie Come up with something other than girls shaking behinds, guys flashing bling and alcohol, displaying cars (especially Nissans and Toyotas. . . what the ).

11) Last but not least. What is this new trend of not using Nigerian girls in videos? I've seen a lot of South African girls in Nigerian videos lately. Are there no more women in Nigeria It's like they are saying Nigerian women aren't good enough. If we don't appreciate ourselves it's no wonder no one else does. cry

Get creative. Get native. kiss

erm!

u no even talk wich video u watch! u just yarn dust sha! am thinking u watched 1silly song like that!

about the sunglasses, abeg to tell tpain and the rest about that too!

if u needed good naija videos to see, all u had to do was ask!

generalizing the whole naija videos as whack doesnt justify anything!

abeg do research 1st! u only watched a couple of vids innit? those are not the only music videos dat naija artist av made

(1) (Reply)

Tosinadeda Recomends Lulu :: Sprite Tripple Slam Contestant :: / Audio: Kardinal Offishall Ft Wizkid – Reppin For My City (the Anthem Pt. 2) / Lyrics: Woju Remix By Kiss Daniel Feat Davido And Tiwa Savge - Niaja Lyrics Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.