Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? (1333 Views)

The Stand Of Muslim's On April Fool Day.(poisson-davril-global-day-of-lies) / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam / 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? by abdurrazaq(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2008
[center]ﺍﻠﺴﻼﻡ ﻋﻠﻴﻜﻡ [/center]

I noticed that the habit of age reduction, especially among job-seekers, is very rampant in Nigeria nowadays. I have always think that THIS ACT IS LIKE LYING undecided

Brothers and Sisters, I will like you to enlighten me more about this
Re: Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? by Mustay(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
you mean something like AFFIDAVIT?
Re: Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? by zayhal(f): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
The simple amswer is that age reduction is tantamount to lying. If a Muslim believes that what Allah decrees for him/her will definitely come to pass, he/she wont lie because of an ordinary job or any other reason for that matter. Do U know that people also lie about their age to prospective suitors?
Re: Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? by mukina2: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
zayhal:

Do You know that people also lie about their age to prospective suitors?

Yeah People do this and its very sad, some never tell the truth, others tell the truth when it starts telling on them, why lie your age to someone who you may spend the rest of ur life with? undecided
Re: Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2008
i think its largely due to insecurity,

But why lie,

its most common when people are searching for employement
Re: Age Reduction - What Is The Stand Of Islam? by abdurrazaq(m): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
Mustay:

you mean something like AFFIDAVIT?
Yes, but the affidavit that contains a falsify date of birth for reasons like securing jobs and many more.

What usually baffle me about this thing is that this is a lie undecided that may not be corrected in the future. I used to believe that only Footballers (Or Sportsmen) from Africa are the only set of people involved until, recently when I'm beginning to see that it's a National issue now.

Thanks very much. May Allah increase you all in knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

W.a.m.y School Lagos / The First Ten Days Of Dhul Hijjah / Restoring Peace And Order To The Islam For Muslims Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.