Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan (998 Views)

2 Units Of 1997 Honda Accord (bull Dog) Lagos Cleared / Units Of 1997 - 1999 Toyota Camry / 1997 Dodge Ram Passenger Bus 20 + Seater.- 950k- Ojo Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by drekid(m): 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2008
my aunt want to buy this van and she don't know much about this,  fellow nairalander's please ADVICE.is it a good van? seller posted 800k. Your kind response will be very much appreciated.
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by mml(m): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2008
dre, the van is a very super van in all standard, instead of a 97 why not buy the 99 model for same price, email me at otb2@hotmail.com
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by deariekay(m): 1:49pm On Sep 03, 2008
@mml call me lets talk. 07030094999
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by promise72(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ poster,

A word for the wise. Dont touch that van for anything . Not extremely reliable in the long run. Too many problem especially transmission issues.

Same also applies to Ford Windster vans
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by TriuneAuto: 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2008
promise72:

@ poster,

A word for the wise. Dont touch that van for anything . Not extremely reliable in the long run. Too many problem especially transmission issues.

The Caravan and the Windstar were built for the "US" type roads, and are not ment to do off road activities which is what 90% of the nigerian roads are to date. Granted we are making improvements but until the roads are better, it might not be a good idea.

But at the same token, I have one that I use and it has served me for 6 years and still counting. I bought it brand new and i have not had any major problems with it except for the regular wear you get after so much usage. I will not go as far as to advice someone not to buy one since this topic is kind of subjective.
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by mml(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2008
A word for the wise. Dint touch that van for anything . Not extremely reliable in the long run. Too many problem especially transmission issues.

very wrong boss, in America i have been using this van for 7 yrs, and i sent one to my mum for her biz for 5 years now no issues except for the normal regular maintenance, learn how to use cars and you have the best out of them
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by boladez(m): 11:32am On Sep 06, 2008
Does anyone else have an opinion to share on Ford vehicles?
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by ssRhino: 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2008
Any vehicle cld be reliable depending on maintenance.
I have a windstar and it is superb, drove for a while and might be sending to nija soon.
They are ride with not much probs.
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by drekid(m): 6:24am On Sep 13, 2008
Thank u all for the advice,

@mml check ur e-mail
@Triune Auto : can you guyz ship cars to nigeria on special purchase? if yes whats the difference buying that same type of car here in nigeria or shipping down from the us
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by drekid(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2008
mml. check ur e-mail
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by Jafour: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2008
I have a Lagos-cleared 1999 Dodge Caravan for your price. Dodge Caravan is a reliable van. It is commonly use in North America. In every 5-car on the road there is a Dodge Caravan especially in Canada. Need not say more. It is more roomy and stronger in terms of conveying (load) weight than many vans including Toyota Sienna. In term of fuel consumption, Toyota na Baba.

Please forget the poster that mentioned transmission problem, I used mine for 2 years without any transmission problem before shipping it down to 9ja. No doubt any vehicle that has mileage over 300 will develop varying faults but the antidote is maintenance, maintenance and maintenance. If the transmission packed up, replace it. It is not an excuse to condemn a car. Why do the smart guys in Ladipo sell transmission of almost all brand of vehicles? Dodge Caravan is not an exception.

Dredkid, Please contact my representative, Joseph 08053147372 or email me at bellin_int@yahoo.ca for the Van. You may wish to contact me in Canada on 647-989-3275
Re: need help with purchase of 1997 Dodge Caravan by drekid(m): 5:05am On Sep 22, 2008
Waiting for the pictures, The cars still in LAGOS i mean the 2000 MOdel Dodge Caravan

(1) (Reply)

ATV Quads / Brand New Kia Range Of Vehichles For Sale With Great Price. / Toyota Carmy 83model 200k......pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.