Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

The North & Nairaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North & Nairaland (2200 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: The North & Nairaland by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2008
I, personally do not have problem with the northern masses; especially the hungry man on the street. I don't see any difference between them and i or  the ones in the south. My best friend is actually a northerner.

But fact remains that northern elites are the most corrupt in Africa, if not the world. Exactly the reason why nigeria is a failed state.
Re: The North & Nairaland by boyscout: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2008
@nuzo
I think all Ishmael wants you to know is you do not come for equity with dirts.

Corruption in what ever guys is found in all tribes,creeds and faith. So before you point at one tribe look at your tribe.get satisfied that you that have one to point at then say loud that the other tribe is corrupt.

In a better way maybe point at individual and personalities involve without trying to rub it on the guy who benefit from next to nothing from the loots of his/her kins.

So since you have an aboki as a friend then I beg of you to tone down the tribal sentiment and lets say it squarely with the crusade, we all will be better of. The elites of both divides wishes all themselves well.Work on our sentiments and use us as pawns and by the end of the day they dine and wine together coming out smiling and shaking hands.
Re: The North & Nairaland by BigB11(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2008
But fact remains that northern elites are the most corrupt in Africa,

This is very despicable and another indication that some Nigerians are fools.
While many folks all around the world are craving for better ways to improve their standard of living and learning more about Green Living, a Nigerian (Dr NuZO) is over here busy striking up a debate to determine which tribe stole the most money.

This is absolutely a shame and a sign of the degree of dirtiness of our mind  and where our simple state of mind resides.
Re: The North & Nairaland by ishmael(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
@boyscout
God will bless you jare. We should be talking about which political party is the most corrupt and not which tribe. between PDP and ANPP which is more corrupt?? Remember each of these parties have both northerners and southerners as leaders, officials and followers both at local, state and federal level. That should have been the issue rather than putting blames on hausa people alone. How many of our governors in the south are saints?

@Big B1

Bros where you go hide? Long time no see on nairaland. I everly know say me and you must dey the same side. After all those men (hausa, yoruba, ibo, ijaw, ikwerre, kalabari, bini, ishan, isoko, urhobo, gwari, fulani, igala, idoma etc) don siddon do meeting steal money wey them suppose use take care of Nigerians them go come arrange set confusion make we dey hate each other. Each of them will return back home only for them to be telling thier people that the other tribe(s) have stolen all the money meant for development in their area; and some people go come gree them own begin dey react unnecessarily. Help me tell those guys wey no know to wise up jo.
Re: The North & Nairaland by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2008
@BIGB1

Why wont you see me as a foolish guy when i keep reminding Nigerians who suffer from memory loss that the likes of IBB will account for their stay in office someday.

One also wonders how a nation is suppose to move forward or have a good standard of living when this same IBB and co. who institutionalized corruption is still indirectly in charge of nigeria?
Haven't you heard that knowing what your problem is, makes it half solved?

This is absolutely a shame and a sign of the degree of dirtiness of our mind where our simple state of mind resides

Unfortunately for you and your oga,  just like a few well meaning Nigerians, my mind is dirty against IBB until he surrenders to Ribadu and Nigerians.

boyscout:

@nuzo
I think all Ishmael wants you to know is you do not come for equity with dirts.

Corruption in what ever guys is found in all tribes,creeds and faith. So before you point at one tribe look at your tribe.get satisfied that you that have one to point at then say loud that the other tribe is corrupt.

In a better way maybe point at individual and personalities involve without trying to rub it on the guy who benefit from next to nothing from the loots of his/her kins.

So since you have an aboki as a friend then I beg of you to tone down the tribal sentiment and lets say it squarely with the crusade, we all will be better of. The elites of both divides wishes all themselves well.Work on our sentiments and use us as pawns and by the end of the day they dine and wine together coming out smiling and shaking hands.

Ohhh. . . . . now i get it, your mind has already been biased on some of the judgements here, even if there are some element of truth in them.
Unfortunately for you too, my kind of person do not spare sacred cows; be it my aboki friend or my granny.

Nevertheless, i hope that the day of shaking hand thing will come, even though we all know its never going to happen with the constant killing of a tribe up north.
Re: The North & Nairaland by ishmael(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
@nuzo

why are you talking about IBB alone? What about Obj? when will he be taken to Farida Waziri's office? What about your own state governor, have they taken him to Farida Waziri's office? or you want tell us say your governor no loot??

My friend wise up, shine your eyes and stop being sentimental and tribalistic.
Re: The North & Nairaland by c33b33(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2008
lmao!!!! grin
Re: The North & Nairaland by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2008
ishmael:

@nuzo

why are you talking about IBB alone? What about Obj? when will he be taken to Farida Waziri's office? What about your own state governor, have they taken him to Farida Waziri's office? or you want tell us say your governor no loot??

My friend wise up, shine your eyes and stop being sentimental and tribalistic.

Oh my gosh, did you say i should wise up and stop being sentimental and tribalistic?
Does it really take a wise person to see that i mentioned IBB in particular after one of the guys in his payroll (BIGB1) decided to go personal by calling me a fool for simply stating the fact? I still do not have anything against BIGB1 (one of the guys i respect here) except he conspired with IBB in institutionalizing corruption in Nigeria.

If you have been following my comments on nairaland, you will find out that i try as much as possible to be objective. I have taken on southern governors more than any other politicians in nigeria. So much for tribalism.

But before we divert, this thread is about the north, right?
Re: The North & Nairaland by ishmael(m): 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
nuzo:

But before we divert, this thread is about the north, right?

Yes it is about the north. I expect both the good and bad of the north to be mentioned not just the bad alone.

And when are you starting a thread about the south?
Re: The North & Nairaland by AloyEmeka9: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2008
Yes it is about the north. I expect both the good and bad of the north to be mentioned not just the bad alone.

Supported.
Re: The North & Nairaland by debosky(m): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2008
The good?

wide open expanses of land, a lot of natural landscape in its pristine state. Friendly loving people. affordable food and great hospitality.
Unexploited natural resources. Excellent agricultural land.

the bad?

backward thinking - regarding polio vaccine as some form of sterilization, leaving Nigeria as prime cause of world polio
'content' or unmotivated life style - people settle for less, and will make do with little, even if they deserve more - fuelling corruption of the powerful
extreme case of blind loyalty, worse than anything you'll find in the South.
Extreme illiteracy and poverty - again, worse than anything in the South.
Re: The North & Nairaland by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2008
ishmael:

And when are you starting a thread about the south?

Ask MC Usman, he started this one.
So, anytime i see the thread, i promise i will be on it if has the merit of my judgment. tongue grin
Re: The North & Nairaland by ishmael(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2008
debosky:

Mechuonu!!What do you mean by illiteracy? What is your definition for illiteracy? Those hausa people you call illiterates can read and write in arabic and hausa language, does that still make them illiterates? Must everyone understand english before he/she is said to be literate? Was Usman Danfodio an illiterate simply because he did nt speak english?

What do you mean by poverty again? Apart from Lagos state and Rivers state can you name the other states in the south that generate more revenue than kano state and kaduna state?? There is poverty in the south too, atleast some communities in bayelsa and delta states have come out openly to tell Government how they are suffering, so stop saying that poverty is peculiar to the north alone.
Re: The North & Nairaland by noetic(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2008
The art of ascribing illitracy, corruption, poverty, underdevelopment or anything negative about nigeria to a particular tribe is in my opinion the height of illitracy.
poverty and hunger know no tribe, face or religion. they are the products of irresponsible leadership.
A leadership is irresponsible if it is corrupt, wasteful, refuses to meet the needs of the citizenry and make plans for the future.
in all facets of the nigerian socio-political and religious life, the leadership has continued to fail regardless of their tribal or religious affilliations. and to this unfortunate category does murtala mohammed belong.

my only fear is that we the followers are also begining to fail as well, . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: The North & Nairaland by edoyad(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2008
Though i'm from the north, i'm not hausa and this is fact i'm stating. The HAUSAS[i][/i] are the most backward, underdeveloped and focusless race in west Africa. Any people that'll resist polio vaccination, modern education and general human development cannot be said to be forward thinking. -Danladi
Re: The North & Nairaland by Planner(m): 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
Fact: Like it or not, the Northerners remain the most sincere and honest Nigerians; and this would remain so for many many years to come.

You can research this fact inside (among all tribes) or outside Nigeria; I assure you that your end result will prove that this fact is factual.

I beg to differ. the north has ruled the country most of our 48 years of existence and they have managed to pauparised the country and refused to behave like civilised people. Moreover, if foe the time they were rulers (yes, rulers) and their region still remaIN  poor and you call it sincere, then i will be heading to the moon.

Why can't we just call a spade a spade? Who are the people more likely to resist constutional amendment? the northerner. Are you also calling it Sincere? I think not. Rather i call it lack of positive ambition.
Re: The North & Nairaland by superboi(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2008
in education we keep deceiving our selves in this country(naija), alot of statistics are outdated. go to majority of the sec.school in nigeria but private and public they kids are not being thought properly. during my service year last year in an area of ondo that also borders ekiti, an area reputed for producing so many of nigerian educated elites in the past,the school in the area were patetic students in ss2 could not even copy note from the blackboard,in private schools waec was written for the student by the school authorities.and this suituation was not common to only were i served but in the east its the same, in the north its the same. in this country most problem is national and to a large extent evenly spread.they are corrupt political leaders from every tribe and its this kind of tribalistic talk thats empower them, and please the north did not rule alone,
Re: The North & Nairaland by dnex(m): 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2008
Who are all these people and what is all this talk? Seun, what have you done with nairaland, where are all the people that contribute vast intellectuality to this forum? Shebi they've all been "moderated" out abi. Abeg I'm off to Facebook jare.
Re: The North & Nairaland by dnex(m): 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2008
@ edoyad just by the way, DANLADI is a Hausa name which means "a child born on Sunday" yet you say you're not Hausa. Who's the illiterate now? Please tell me if you're not the one who's backward afterall.
Re: The North & Nairaland by nuggard(m): 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2008
I bear a Yoruba name, my parents are from Ogbomoso and I am a northerner because I am a Jos boy, born and bred. This doesn't mean I cannot hold my own with anyone who thinks northerners are illiterates.

Thing is, during my time in high school the best students in my class were all Nigerians. We never saw ourselves as Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, just potential geniuses.

So those who keep spouting such bull, just think of this: your argument (rather lack of), is the same justification racists use in mistreating Africans.

Africans are dumb vs Hausa's are dumb.
Africans are stupid  vs Yoruba's are stupid.
Africans are savages vs Igbo's are savages.

Really guys, get real!!!  otherwise you are saying the same thing as the KKK, Cecil Rhodes etc.
Re: The North & Nairaland by DeepZone: 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2008
I bear a Yoruba name, my parents are from Ogbomoso and I am a northerner because I am a Jos boy, born and bred. This doesn't mean I cannot hold my own with anyone who thinks northerners are illiterates.

Thing is, during my time in high school the best students in my class were all Nigerians. We never saw ourselves as Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, just potential geniuses.

So those who keep spouting such bull, just think of this: your argument (rather lack of), is the same justification racists use in mistreating Africans.

Africans are dumb vs Hausa's are dumb.
Africans are stupid vs Yoruba's are stupid.
Africans are savages vs Igbo's are savages.

Really guys, get real!!! otherwise you are saying the same thing as the KKK, Cecil Rhodes etc.

Good for you but bear ii in mind that those Northerners you regard as your brother will use their dagger on you anyday there is a little fiasco between Yorubas and hausas. In as much as they seem to love you, they still know who you are and have it at the back of their mind that you are an infidel. Don't say that Funmi did not warn you.
Re: The North & Nairaland by nuggard(m): 12:25am On Sep 05, 2008
deepzone,FUNMI

It would be disingenuous of me to say i've completely broken myself from the myopism of my parents generation but I am glad I have made a conscious decision that except I and many other people are wlling to open our minds, my children and yours tongue will inherit a very divisive country always on the brink of chaos.
Re: The North & Nairaland by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:42am On Sep 05, 2008
debosky:

The good?

wide open expanses of land, a lot of natural landscape in its pristine state. Friendly loving people. affordable food and great hospitality.
Unexploited natural resources. Excellent agricultural land.

the bad?

backward thinking - regarding polio vaccine as some form of sterilization, leaving Nigeria as prime cause of world polio
'content' or unmotivated life style - people settle for less, and will make do with little, even if they deserve more - fuelling corruption of the powerful
extreme case of blind loyalty, worse than anything you'll find in the South.

debosky how do you define illiteracy ? because many Hausa are literate in more than two languages, ? Or is literacy only comprehension in english?
Re: The North & Nairaland by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:46am On Sep 05, 2008
dnex:

@ edoyad just by the way, DANLADI is a Hausa name which means "a child born on Sunday" yet you say you're not Hausa. Who's the illiterate now? Please tell me if you're not the one who's backward afterall.

There are many non-Hausa northerners who have Hausa names. If your parents name you Aminu, who are you to change it?
Re: The North & Nairaland by ishmael(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2008
The Late hero, Major Chukwuma Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu was born in kaduna and was named kaduna; and kaduna is a hausa word. He was not a northerner but he still bore the name till he died during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. So bearing a hausa name when you are not hausa does not make you a hausa man.
Re: The North & Nairaland by DeepZone: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2008
[b]The Late hero[/b], Major Chukwuma Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu was born in kaduna and was named kaduna; and kaduna is a hausa word. He was not a northerner but he still bore the name till he died during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. So bearing a hausa name when you are hausa does not make you a hausa man.

What made him a hero? Because he planned a bloody coup? That means that mamman Vista, Abacha, Orkar, Dimka, Murtala Muhammed, IBB, Buhari are all heros in your book? malu!!!
Re: The North & Nairaland by kingdong(m): 8:56am On Sep 05, 2008
MC Usman has been well bashed and tipiad on this his topic and guy, is not fair, haba! Anyhow oga Usman u is on yur own.

But seriously though, north backward no be small, thanks to their leaders who love the rankadede (and almajiri, aka adedibu style) syndrome which they also foist on the nation when they are in power and we generally don't achive much like they don't.

But then o, which region is more corrupt, generally, relatively or any other grammer way you choose to view it, the north or south?
Me as a naija delta, lagos denizened man ,i cast it for the south. Why? 21 questions.
Re: The North & Nairaland by MCUsman(m): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2008
DeepZone:

He may need a green card soon to enter southern shores unless he wants to remain in Zamfara and wallow in perpetual poverty.

I rather remain in Zamfara than for my 1 year old kid to be kidnapped by a bunch of perplexed militants in Niger Delta, or get shot by a happy trigger armed robber operating in one of the new generation banks in Ikeja, or even knifed by a dim-witted area boy who could not patch up with other motor part touts for his share of the loot, or having to endure the humiliation that my lovely sister has been sold out for prostitution in Italy or worse still get ritualized in Okija Shrine by some idiot guys who could get their asses settled in their home land

@ agaba123 Is deepzone a lady?

She is a bewildered and perplexed LovePeddler who has commanded a vicious cycle of misunderstanding, misguided policy and increasing violence in nairaland.

@ yemmyse Mc Usman should marry Deepzone

She needs a lot of reform & restructuring and a crash course on History of Northern Nigeria & Islam could be a effective way of diffusing her deeply held ideas and beliefs and her steady but resurgent flame of breeze of bullets or the blast of missiles she sent daily in this forum.

superboi:

in education we keep deceiving our selves in this country(naija), alot of statistics are outdated.

During the 80s application for admission into any University in the North by a southerner has a success – failure ration of 70 -30. But now this is the same ratio for a Kano State applicant seeking the same admission.
For those of you that stayed and school in the north will attest to this. You people may not know, but the level of admission into Universities by northerners is increasing year by year.
Re: The North & Nairaland by littlekim(f): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2008
@Mc Usman

I am one of your admirers, i reall really admire ur courage, but am really really disappointed with ur language, calling a lady a LovePeddler is far from being gentlemanly. Hope u ll amends, so that those of us from the North can continue to be proud being associated with you.
Re: The North & Nairaland by ishmael(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2008
@Deep Zone

Major Kaduna Nzeogwu is my hero. Senseless Ewe like you.
Re: The North & Nairaland by MCUsman(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2008
littlekim:

@Mc Usman

am really really disappointed with your language, calling a lady a LovePeddler is far from being gentlemanly.

Please try not reading a different context to my post. The word LovePeddler means different thing. if you take the fist word LovePeddler as substantive and verb, with the noun as a secondary formation then you are referring to something else.

A LovePeddler is a woman who sleeps with y[/b]ou for something in exchange, usually Money.
A LovePeddler is a person that turns to idol [b]worshiping

A LovePeddler is someone who does something excessively

If you take the first definition. DEEPZONE sexual life is not the fact in issue neither is it a fact relevant to the fact in issue.

The second definition can apply to her because neither she is a Christian nor a Muslim, been Yoruba by tribe she might be probable Sango worshiping.

The last definition is what I am relating her to. Her hostile and negative comment stereotyping her anti North & anti Islam. when something happens involving a Muslim, she often try to put the blame on Islam itself -- and not the misguided individual.

(1) (2)

Conversation Between Two Patriotic Nigerians / Gen. Azazi Is New National Security Adviser / Watch Imo State Youths Destroying Ohakim Billboard Of Fake 10,000 Jobs In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.