Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Dbanj The Entertainer - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dbanj The Entertainer (3186 Views)

DOWNLOAD: Tha Spicy Ft Dbanj - The King Is Here (remix) / Dbanj's The Entertainer Vs 9ice's Gongo Aso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dbanj The Entertainer by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hi guy, what do u fell of dbanj's new album teh entertainer. please be frank.
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by Baro(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2008
Mediocre lyrics in party beats ;Commercial album; a "today album", not album i will want to listen to in 2 years time. . . I still listen to Body and Soul Plantashun Boiz debut album. . . hope u get my point
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by Bamsyle(m): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2008
Though not really a fan of D'banj, I must say he somewhat sounded more mature in his latest album "The Entertainer". I think we should all accept D'banj for who he really is - an entertainer. He made a clear statement about himself with the title of that album.

On the maturity thingy, the track Suddenly reminds me of his earlier track Mobolowowon. Although with a more funky beat, he regales us with his story-telling abilities on "Suddenly". On that track, he recalls his days of obscurity before coming to limelight. For me, I must say that is D'banj at his emotional best. Don Jazzy spices up the emotional feel of that song with his soulful ad-libs. That track is wonderful - remains my best on that album.

Then, Igwe. Some bit of story-telling. But most importantly, this track brings me to one very important ingredient D'banj utilises in his music much more than any other Nigerian artiste. Marketability (or call it "being commercial"wink.

I've come to realise that D'banj is one artiste who has studied very well the music audience in Nigeria. He has also mastered the marketability factor of Nigerian songs. He was business-wise enough to do something for our Igbo peops. Aside the danceable beat, Igbo folks would be crazy for that song. And Don Jazzy came on strong again.

Putting aside the technical factor of music, he's doing well for himself in this area. He may not last for donkey years in his music career but he lives for today and that's not too bad.

In general, D'banj may not be so technically good at music but he does it for the Nigerian market (we all know how it is in Nigeria now). He sounds more mature and grown up especially on those two tracks above mentioned. Methinks he would do better for himself by slowing down on all those koko, kokolets & mamalets et al stuffs anyway.

He's growing up. And like Dr. Dre said:

I'M WATCHING.
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by lalaboi(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2008
Bamsyle:

Though not really a fan of D'banj, I must say he somewhat sounded more mature in his latest album "The Entertainer". I think we should all accept D'banj for who he really is - an entertainer. He made a clear statement about himself with the title of that album.

On the maturity thingy, the track Suddenly reminds me of his earlier track Mobolowowon. Although with a more funky beat, he regales us with his story-telling abilities on "Suddenly". On that track, he recalls his days of obscurity before coming to limelight. For me, I must say that is D'banj at his emotional best. Don Jazzy spices up the emotional feel of that song with his soulful ad-libs. That track is wonderful - remains my best on that album.

Then, Igwe. Some bit of story-telling. But most importantly, this track brings me to one very important ingredient D'banj utilises in his music much more than any other Nigerian artiste. Marketability (or call it "being commercial"wink.

I've come to realise that D'banj is one artiste who has studied very well the music audience in Nigeria. He has also mastered the marketability factor of Nigerian songs. He was business-wise enough to do something for our Igbo peops. Aside the danceable beat, Igbo folks would be crazy for that song. And Don Jazzy came on strong again.

Putting aside the technical factor of music, he's doing well for himself in this area. He may not last for donkey years in his music career but he lives for today and that's not too bad.

In general, D'banj may not be so technically good at music but he does it for the Nigerian market (we all know how it is in Nigeria now). He sounds more mature and grown up especially on those two tracks above mentioned. Methinks he would do better for himself by slowing down on all those koko, kokolets & mamalets et al stuffs anyway.

He's growing up. And like Dr. Dre said:

I'M WATCHING.

wetn apun? lol

no what i expected!
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by Bamsyle(m): 8:56am On Sep 05, 2008
grin grin grin

Still not a fan, just analyzing. As much as I can, I try to be constructive in my criticism (I got no beef for any artiste but let the truth be said always). If my favourite artiste messes up at any point in time, I won't hesitate to lash out. I kind of see the good in bad and the bad in good. I saw a bit of improvement in D'banj's latest album. And more kudos to Don Jazzy anyway - he's a good producer.

lol. . .
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by lailai2(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2008
in love with d album, a-z
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by YourFather: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2008
I listened to Sunddenly again after reading your review and I fail to see the improvement. Why for me is still better than all I have heard from his album. An an album I have ordered and will be listening to shortly. Suddenly for just sounds like Fela practising.
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by oreoluwa(f): 10:57pm On Sep 05, 2008
i love d album, bt not all d songs
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by lalaboi(m): 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2008
YourFather:

I listened to Sunddenly again after reading your review and I fail to see the improvement. Why for me is still better than all I have heard from his album. An an album I have ordered and will be listening to shortly. Suddenly for just sounds like Fela practising.

i doubt if u know what kind of music fela sings!
goodluck oh!

advice!!
free ur mind of whateva u av againt him b4 u listen yeah? lol
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by Gamine(f): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2008
Seriously.

i may not like DBanj much, but he understands business.

The instrumentals in his songs are always very tight.

Fall in Love, O gbo na file file and Igwe are my best tracks

They r just fun.
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by lailai2(m): 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2008
Gamine:

Seriously.

i may not like DBanj much, but he understands business.

The in[b]strumentals in his songs are always very tight.[/b]

Fall in Love, O gbo na file file and Igwe are my best tracks

They r just fun.

said it all
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by crious: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2008
well, the entertainer album, yeah its the bomb!!!!!!
especially "suddenly" whether you like him or not, he could not have found a better name for his album cos that's what the album is all aout- entertaining you. ther was a song there tough that didn't flow,- when i say koko you say let, koko let koko let blah blah, "
that was jsut overdoing it. but really what do we expect from d'banj? hes just talking under the influence, so pls let him mouth jo, becos ori yato sori ehhhh grin
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by nana(f): 10:58am On Sep 09, 2008
Hmmm,Omo u don make fall in love. I love Dbanj's new album. As a matter of fact,i listen to Suddenly and Fall in love alot. Infact,those are the two songs i listen to when on my way to work.
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by freakyy(m): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2008
My Take on The Album 'The Entertainer' is simply Don Jazzy releasing an album thru D'banj.

Just Waiting For Wande Coal to drop Summin, Then we'll be talking!!
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by A40(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2008
Suddenly thats the only track i really feel
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by Jokhe: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2008
I love c'mon, mo gbona feli feli and all that South African stuffs at the end of Fall in Love
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by Popo90: 3:11am On Sep 10, 2008
The album is his best ever. dude talkin bout why me shuld grow up, and see that we are now in the present. b4 his albums were made of two or three really good songs, and everything else was terrible. this album has a couple of great songs-fall in love, mo gbono feli, and everything has potential to be great depending on how react to it. D'Banj is growing up. and he is the most MARKETABLE AND SIGNIFICANT ARTIST IN AFRICA. THAT IS SAYIN SOMETHING
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by LadyT(f): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2008
Dbanj has come a long way this is his best album and I love it. You cant please everyone Im sure in Felas day he had haters but oh well Dbanj is Dbanj no one else. But as for me I am very pleased!

kiss
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by idupaul: 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2008
LadyT:

Dbanj has come a long way this is his best album and I love it. You can't please everyone  I'm sure in Felas day he had haters but oh well Dbanj is Dbanj no one else.  But as for me I am very pleased!

kiss

i still cant stand Fela's mus.ic , ur right
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by cruworld(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
The Entertainer must be the Album of the year, Kudos to Mo'hits record my favourite track is If you dey crazy i no regret buying the album, you dont make me fall in love grin
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by lalaboi(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2008
i thought this nairaland was filled with dbanj haters! lol

good to know ppl enjoy whats good!

to all d haters left,
get away now, u r loosing!
he's winning now and ur loosing!!!!!!

are u not entertained?? paay him his money lol!!
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by LadyT(f): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2008
Lalaboi haters keep you grounded! I would rather have haters than be loved by all. Who will tell you when you are getting a big head? Hater
Who will drive you to do better? Hater
Love can make people blind

Let them continue to hate you cant deny the man did a good job on this current album.

grin
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by otuwe(f): 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2008
freakyy:

My Take on The Album 'The Entertainer' is simply Don Jazzy releasing an album through D'banj.

WORD!!!! ESPECIALLY IGWE. WHEN DID DBANJ START SPEAKING IGBO

BUT AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED THERE ARE ONLY THREE SONGS IN THE ALBUM

1.MO GBONO FENI FENI
2.FALL IN LOVE
3. IGWE

PERIOD!!!!
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by coolboyapg: 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2008
am an entertainer,i entertain,work hard trynna double my naira,FILE DBANJ ALBUM THE ENTERTAINER IS A SURE CONTENDER FOR ALBUM OF THE YEAR,HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM THE BOY IS ON TOP
Re: Dbanj The Entertainer by Skywalker5(m): 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2008
Dbanj as been consitent ever since he stepped on stage.

That guy is surely one of the greatest artist to ever come out of Naija

Haters keep Hating. He has already fought his way through grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Feat. Cardi B – Daddy Yo Remix / Download Mixtape: DJ Sweetrecord – Fem Mix • Mp3 / TitoM - Tshwala Bam (Remix) ft Burna Boy, Yuppe, S.N.E Download Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.