Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,293 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. (36528 Views)

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Where Are The Pastors, And Evangelist? Provide An Answer To These. / Who Are the Pastors That BOMB TB Joshua's SCOAN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Raymond4kc: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
Today we see things that are happening in so-called churches. Church that is suppose to be a place of holiness is now turning to something else.
Fellow Nairalanders, many people are confussed, many that are willing to join one church or the other are having the impression that all churches are the same. But this is not true. There are some churches that still hold there intigrity as true bible believing churches in the way that suit christianity of today

I therefore put it forth to all and sundry to list men of God cherished base on their way of leadership (using true christianity as the measuring instrument)
For me, Pastors W. F. Kumuyi (G S of deeper life Church) and A. C. Ohanebo (G. S. of Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement) are the most respected Pastors . I cherish their way of Leadership. Make Investigations and see. Make your Contributions to that effect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by DeepZone: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2008
What's your standard for the reverence?
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Raymond4kc: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Deepzone
I mean Pastors that still maintain Holiness and have not comprise in any form unlike many pastors that are interested in just making names, always eager to be noticed in Political Arena and all what not. Again, by the their flock , u can say that this church is a christian one. Friend, do u know that if i was not a christian, i will not become one because it is difficult to distinquish church people from Harlots in the Hotel rooms this days. These pastors(i mean pastors i cherish) stiilll enforce good christian dressings in their churches and give messages that will take the members to heaven not unlike many churches , where the pastors are not interested on whether the flook is following true christianity or not, but only preaches messages like: Prosperity, you shall make it , God searches the heart, what you wear doesnt matter, bring your money , etc. .If christianity is what we see today, then it will be very difficult to go to Heaven. Notice that i am not interested on Pastors that Perform miracles but am only interested on pastors that maintain Christian Standard. Miracles is just for confirmation, miracles doesn't recommend any man to Heaven.

1 Like

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Wendy80(f): 7:45am On Sep 06, 2008
Am not against ur post cos thats ur opinion, but, My dear,, if u were a good christian as u claim 2 be u wouldn't be saying this cos 1. the Bible says do not judge and here u are speaking against churches u hardly know cos u have not been there, 2.the Bible says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, do u think its when u touch physically, oh no dear, its what we say with our mouth or conceive against them in our heart. Life is a matter of choice, even God gave us a chance to choose in Deut 30:19, so stop critizing other churches, I worship in LIVING FAITH CHURCH aka WINNERS CHAPEL Port-Harcourt, and I love David Oyedepo so much cos he is a man with vision and we are not stupid to worship there. If the 2 churches u mentioned are the only true churches,u are not in the position to judge cos the Bible says if there are not of me there shall scatter so Dearie lets watch. One lastword, Endeavour to visit other churches to understand their mode of worship b4 drawing drwing conclusion, Lovely day 2 u

1 Like

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by ayzayo(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2008
@ poster
i have numerous things against those popular respected pastors of yours
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Raymond4kc: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
@Wendy80
I don't mean to jugde and am not saying that these are the only true men of God we have, but rather am saying that these are the men i like and cherish their way of ministration.Again, am not speaking against any man of God, ok.  Please, do not misconstrue my proposition. God bless as you clarify your mind on this issue. Do have a blissful day.

@ayzayo
please tell me those things u have against them.
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by osaroodion(m): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2008
What do you mean that you do not believe in pastors that are popular?. That statement is questionable because the bible tells me that we are the light of the world and that you cannot light a candle and put it under a table. When you are doing the right thingh as a pastor, there is no how you can hide yourself even if you try to you just cannot because your work will bring you out. Have you ever imagine the wounderful name of Jesus that is noised abroad. It wasnt because he wanted to showcase or try to make himself popular but his mighty works made him known all round the world today. well i belive sincerely that the jreason why you made that statement is probably because you pastor is not yet known for his mighty works. Dont try to even judge it because that is the truth.
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Cayon(f): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2008
I read about Desmond Tutu when i was younger  (sp?)
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by chase4(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2008
The church is one body but even at that, some of us are not walking in line with God and some have even been deceived
and has departed from God. It is not for me or anyone to Judge but we were told to test every spirit to know when the
wolf in sheeps clothing is among the sheep. God is raising an army of apostles in our day, this breed will be so sensitive in
the spirit that they will so oppose the spirit of Jezebel in the church the sound will be heard from one end of the earth to
the other. THEY WILL BE VERY VOCAL. Let him who has ears let him hear.

@poster: If what i think u mean is what u mean, then Pastor Tunde Bakare is the man who speaks and i feel like i have
been spoken to. Mind u i am not a member of his but then we are all a member of God's body.
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2008

Such Erroneous thinking
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by DeepZone: 6:57am On Sep 09, 2008
@Deepzone
[b]I mean Pastors that still maintain Holiness and have not comprise in any form unlike many pastors that are interested in just making names, always eager to be noticed in Political Arena and all what not[/b]. Again, by the their flock , u can say that this church is a christian one. Friend, do u know that if i was not a christian, i will not become one because it is difficult to distinquish church people from Harlots in the Hotel rooms this days. These pastors(i mean pastors i cherish) stiilll enforce good christian dressings in their churches and give messages that will take the members to heaven not unlike many churches , where the pastors are not interested on whether the flook is following true christianity or not, but only preaches messages like: Prosperity, you shall make it , God searches the heart, what you wear doesnt matter, bring your money , etc. .If christianity is what we see today, then it will be very difficult to go to Heaven. Notice that i am not interested on Pastors that Perform miracles but am only interested on pastors that maintain Christian Standard. Miracles is just for confirmation, miracles doesn't recommend any man to Heaven.

Can you swear on their behalf that they are indeed holy and holier than others?

Tell me why you think that Kumuyi is holier than Oyedepo?

Tell me why Ohanebo is holier than Adeboye?
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2008
Me too, i dey wait for the answer undecided
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by disease(m): 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2008
Most respected pastors

1 Rev. King
2 Olumba Olumba
3 Guru Maharaji
4 Jesus of Oyingbo

2 Likes

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by kolaoloye(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2008
Raymond4kc:

Today we see things that are happening in so-called churches. Church that is suppose to be a place of holiness is now turning to something else.
Fellow Nairalanders, many people are confussed, many that are willing to join one church or the other are having the impression that all churches are the same. But this is not true. There are some churches that still hold there intigrity as true bible believing churches in the way that suit christianity of today

I therefore put it forth to all and sundry to list men of God cherished base on their way of leadership (using true christianity as the measuring instrument)
For me, Pastors W. F. Kumuyi (G S of deeper life Church) and A. C. Ohanebo (G. S. of Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement) are the most respected Pastors . I cherish their way of Leadership. Make Investigations and see. Make your Contributions to that effect.

The fact that you love them does not make them the holiest pastors.
Thou shall not judge,just leave that to the Creator who sees every man's heart.
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by oyekumbi(f): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ poster,
I quite agree wit all oda posters. U donot ve d rite to say if a pastor is d best amg odas or not. U've not bin to oda churches so cant judge dem by sum of their members. If we were to start judgin by members den u'll b in 4 a surprise abt d churches u mentioned. But lets leave it @ dat. "Touch not mine anointed, ". Dey r not ur pastors so u dnt ave any rite to criticize dem.
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by rotimy(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2008
I respect Pastor Kumuyi too but his leadership style in theology is called messianic complex. He believes that he is the all in all in Deeper life. Only him preaches and writes to all his branches all over the world since 1974. A success without a successor is a big failure. Name any other Pastor that Kumiyi had mentored to take over from him.

As for Pastor Ohanebo, he is one of the the most crafty unintelligent Pastors in Nigeria. He broke away from a group in Catholic Church called CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC RENEWAL. He added WATCHMAN to his own ministry to cause confusion and to steal members. Well, Laz Mouka had broken away from him and adds Lord Choosen to the same Charismatic Renewal.

I respect any person that says he or she is a servant of God but only God knows His true servants!

4 Likes

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by kolaoloye(m): 8:56am On Sep 11, 2008
A Workman Approved by God (2timothy 2)

14Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words;
it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be
ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

16Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

17Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,

18who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.

19Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and,
"Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by nwakaibe(m): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
me no understand why the poster started this thread. every pastor is working to hear well done,good and faithful servant.
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by obinna5000(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2008
Always pray for your pastors, preachers and reverends. Pray that God should give them the ability to continue to do His work in spirit and truth.
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by amazingurl: 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2009
Cant but smile at the rubbish all of U are commenting, The person who began the thread clearly stated that those are the pastors he respects the most.And wanted comments. If there were other pastors you guys also respected, you should have just mentioned their names instead of insulting the person who started the thread,

And Rotimi,whoever you are, i read your comments and i feel so sorry for you.When people are blinded by the devil himself,its certain only the light of God make them see the truth, Pastor Ohanebo didnt break up from any church.Originally he was a member of the Catholic church because of cus that is what he was born into,now mind u no one is mandated to remain in sometin that is not beneficial to your souls wellbeing.At the age of 9,he wanted to know more about life after death,life after this phase here on earth,no one was able to answers his questions. After many years,God saw the humility and sincerity in the heart of this Man Of God and called him out of darkness,the darkness he was born into,the darkness that was practised in the Catholic church. The name of his church was gotten after years of praying and divinely seeking Gods leading on what the church will be called. The catholic in the name of the church is used in it original meaning "UNIVERSAL", indicating the church is for all and sundry.

You said the Man Of God is a crafty unintelligent man. Am tempted at this point to speak to U but i wont cus its Gods business to judge people like U. those words were rather harsh and strong to use for such an anionted man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by REALTRUTH1: 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2009
@wendy80: When you begin to say don;t judge that is the beginning of making God out of these so called men of God.Otherwise, why did the predict that in the last days there would be false prophets doing wonders in God's name?Or why was it in those days in the Bible,,the Barean Christians after they ve been taught,,they would still need to go back to scripture and find out if what they have been taught is either true or lies.As Christians you have to be very vigilant,,the fact that someone is titled man of God does not make him a super man.In his best form,,he's still human!The more reason the Bible says teachers of God's word would even face more judgement than anyone else.
Because Nigeria is filled with religious bigots that was why we had jesus of oyingbo,Revd Dr. King etc,,,,,,
If I may asnwer the poster question,,,,I have very great respect for pastor Tunde Bakare and Kumuyi!,,,and whoever wants to grow having a balanced relationship with God,,,,,I recommend these men,,,,they re both not perfect but they re both highly recommended,,,,

1 Like

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by nowissoon: 12:57am On May 01, 2009
People speak based on how much knowledge they possess on any issue. That is why you can tell better of your own pastor or one whom know very well, especially when you have been blessed through the his ministry or you have seen some substantial differences compared to others: However a good comparison (if/when necessary for good purpose) is a function of how much of the WORD your know and how much you are close to God. And even when we know, we do not make squabbles; that how you know true and seasoned Christians. We rather reach out with love by our lives and deed.
On the internet, people are fond of saying anything with lol, but with due respect, I wish to warn that we avoid speaking against men/women of God, especially when you do not know them (as agents of darkness) substantially: If we do, we will attract God's judgment to ourselves, I guess you know what I mean if you are a bible student.
Moreover, the leading quote or questioner seem to be exited and blessed by some pastors that he has come to know very well with some standard and wanted to know others who are alike whom he does not know. However, it is scriptural to thank God for the lives of his ministers and to give honour to whom honour is due. Nobody should be offended whatsoever, I see the forum as one for testimonies. There are a number of pastors who have been a blessing to me and whom I love, but they are not my church pastor. I should never be offended if you tell me how you love you pastor. Oh, Praise God! May God continue to use and bless them. It takes boldness to confess truth to the world. Hence, I wish to implore Mr. Rotimi to repent because what he has written to million of people is false and blackmail- it is blasphemy.
The men you spoke about are very busy with their divine assignment; it was God you spoke against. I know some of the pastor we have mentioned, some have been a blessing to me, but Mr. Rotimy, if you rehearse sincerely (or make enquires) what you said about the first pastor you mentioned, you will discover that you have made a big mistake. For the second pastor you mentioned, if you make enquires, you will also see that you have created you own statements, because that church never broke out any where, it was rather a group of few people that were led by the pastor then. They become born again and had the vision for the Roman catholics, a vision God gave to the founder which to continue to share to those who he was leading. They were devoted in Roman church and had their meeting openly until the Roman catholic church told them to leave, since they were not following the church doctrines (they follow strictly the bible only), so they left and continued fellowship in one of their homes. And from a sitting room meeting of few people they grew to what you see today. You do not need to be a member of a church to know about their history, just research in the right sources. The churches you mentioned still have their founding members, I am sure you can reach them if you really want.
Finally, in all that we do, let us exhort the Lord and not men or ourselves. Moreover, the way we present our questions/quotes affects the manner of response we have, wisdom play a role here. God bless you all.
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by REALTRUTH1: 10:25pm On May 01, 2009
most Nigerian pastors need to quit been pastors,,,but I have respect for these ones,,,Tunde Bakare,,Kumuyi,,Revd Gbonigi and Revd Iloh,,,
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by rotimy(m): 12:41pm On May 02, 2009
amazingurl:

Cant but smile at the rubbish all of U are commenting, The person who began the thread clearly stated that those are the pastors he respects the most.And wanted comments. If there were other pastors you guys also respected, you should have just mentioned their names instead of insulting the person who started the thread,

[b]And Rotimi,whoever you are, i read your comments and i feel so sorry for you.When people are blinded by the devil himself,its certain only the light of God make them see the truth, Pastor Ohanebo didnt break up from any church.Originally he was a member of the Catholic church because of cus that is what he was born into,now mind u no one is mandated to remain in sometin that is not beneficial to your souls wellbeing.At the age of 9,he wanted to know more about life after death,life after this phase here on earth,no one was able to answers his questions. After many years,God saw the humility and sincerity in the heart of this Man Of God and called him out of darkness,the darkness he was born into,the darkness that was practised in the Catholic church. The name of his church was gotten after years of praying and divinely seeking Gods leading on what the church will be called. The catholic in the name of the church is used in it original meaning "UNIVERSAL", indicating the church is for all and sundry.

You said the Man Of God is a crafty unintelligent man. Am tempted at this point to speak to U but i wont cus its Gods business to judge people like U. those words were rather harsh and strong to use for such an anionted man.
[/b]

If Pastor Ohanebo said that he was not a memeber of Catholic Charismatic Renewal at ST PAUL'S CATHOLIC CHURCH EBUTA METTA, LAGOS, I will be shell-shocked! He was and he left the ministry and stole the name! Catholic Charismatic Renewal started in USA in 1967 as a pentecostal revival group in Catholic Church but reached Lagos at 1974 at St. Donminic Yaba, Lagos! I insist that the man with few other stole the name and converted to WATCHMAN CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC RENEWAL MOVEMENT in order to confuse people and steal folks! If God speaks to him as he claimed, why not giving him a new name? Catholic Charismatic Renewal is still exisiting in every Catholic Parish all over the world.

1 Like

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by rotimy(m): 1:09pm On May 02, 2009
nowissoon:

People speak based on how much knowledge they possess on any issue. That is why you can tell better of your own pastor or one whom know very well, especially when you have been blessed through the his ministry or you have seen some substantial differences compared to others: However a good comparison (if/when necessary for good purpose) is a function of how much of the WORD your know and how much you are close to God. And even when we know, we do not make squabbles; that how you know true and seasoned Christians. We rather reach out with love by our lives and deed.
On the internet, people are fond of saying anything with lol, but with due respect, I wish to warn that we avoid speaking against men/women of God, especially when you do not know them (as agents of darkness) substantially: If we do, we will attract God's judgment to ourselves, I guess you know what I mean if you are a bible student.
Moreover, the leading quote or questioner seem to be exited and blessed by some pastors that he has come to know very well with some standard and wanted to know others who are alike whom he does not know. However, it is scriptural to thank God for the lives of his ministers and to give honour to whom honour is due. Nobody should be offended whatsoever, I see the forum as one for testimonies. There are a number of pastors who have been a blessing to me and whom I love, but they are not my church pastor. I should never be offended if you tell me how you love you pastor. Oh, Praise God! May God continue to use and bless them. It takes boldness to confess truth to the world. [b]Hence, I wish to implore Mr. Rotimi to repent because what he has written to million of people is false and blackmail- it is blasphemy.
The men you spoke about are very busy with their divine assignment; it was God you spoke against. I know some of the pastor we have mentioned, some have been a blessing to me, but Mr. Rotimy, if you rehearse sincerely (or make enquires) what you said about the first pastor you mentioned, you will discover that you have made a big mistake. For the second pastor you mentioned, if you make enquires, you will also see that you have created you own statements, because that church never broke out any where, it was rather a group of few people that were led by the pastor then. They become born again and had the vision for the Roman catholics, a vision God gave to the founder which to continue to share to those who he was leading. They were devoted in Roman church and had their meeting openly until the Roman catholic church told them to leave, since they were not following the church doctrines (they follow strictly the bible only), so they left and continued fellowship in one of their homes. And from a sitting room meeting of few people they grew to what you see today. You do not need to be a member of a church to know about their history, just research in the right sources. The churches you mentioned still have their founding members, I am sure you can reach them if you really want.
Finally, in all that we do, let us exhort the Lord and not men or ourselves. Moreover, the way we present our questions/quotes affects the manner of response we have, wisdom play a role here. God bless you all.[/b]

I hope you are the same person with the username amazingurl . Because you both of you write alike and have posted only once each! If your coming into nairaland is to defend Pastor Ohanebo, you will surely fail! You claimed what I wrote was false ,a blackmail and a blasphemy. You also asked me to repent! Thank you! Pastor Ohanebo told you and others that the CATHOLIC he uses means universal. Why was he silent on Catholic charismatic Renewal? Because it is an organisation he belong to, left and STOLE their name. I laugh when I hear about the claim of his having a call at age of nine! Good luck to him but we know him very well. I repent for not telling you all! Read more about the catholic charismatics on www.iccrs.org
About Pastor Kumuyi, I respect him too but I insist that his leadership style is not the best. It is of rescent that they start mingling with other Christians! Their parents, brothers and sisters who are not their members were treated before as lepers! I have the right to comment about DEEPER LIFE CHURCH. Ironically, some people who are bold to leave the Church for another one are busy thanking God for freedom from legalism!
I repeat, only God knows those who belong to him, wheather Pastors or those who shout from roof tops that they are born-again! Only God in heaven truly know us!
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by nowissoon: 4:41pm On May 02, 2009
When men are too quick to speak, they often sin. I am not the person you refer to with the username and I know the watchman more than you do. I also know personally many of the starting members, including Pastor Ohanebo personally. So I am not the person you think.
From your statement “I have the right to comment about DEEPER LIFE CHURCH.” You sounded like you are a member of the church or were once there, but do you also have to right to comment on the Watchman. Now please read on.

The charismatic movement is a movement that God used to bring about revival in the Roman Catholic Church. They believe in the Holy Ghost and the scriptures wholly. God put a burden in their hearts for their Jerusalem, the Roman Catholics. Just as we have Charismatics, we have Pentecostals, etc. The Charismatics are known with the charismatic (Holy Ghost) demonstration: That is the spirit of the charismatics, it is not a matter of church or name. And during the charismatic reviver in Nigeria, in different states and parishes, these men found the truth and held on. And then the Roman catholic church could not stand them, so they sent many of them out, it is not only watchman, the various charismatics are found all over Nigeria(The ones still in the Roman church today are those who are still following the dogmas of the church). They move out, scattered in the various places and continued fellowship as Charismatics (for that is who they were), but as different independent entities. And in fact, the present Watchman today, one of the groups suffered severe persecution from the Roman church. The easiest thing as a man was to give the group one big name, and deviate from the calling but that was not the vision. In fact even some members left because of the name and persecution from the church, but God took the pace. And it took 2 years of prayers before God established the group name with “Watchman”. It was clears that God was not changing these men to another calling.

You see, you name is who you are, according to your calling: Not what men say, but what God says. It is just like we have the pentecostal or apostolic or evangelical missions/churches, each of them have their calling, but not for the Roman catholic church. Most of the charismatic have deep root in Roman Catholicism, that is their origin, and God called them to their people. so that is why you still see charismatic movement is the name of many churches today (just like you see Pentecostal or Apostolic), it is not the name of a particular church-it is just their area of calling. Or when you see words like 'faith', 'prayer', 'deeper', evangelical', etc, they did not steal the name. In fact sometimes the name look so similar, but they do not even know each other or ever met. It is God’s business, not theirs or yours. And do you accuse God for that?

Today, we have so many, so many charismatic movement, all over the world. It is not given by a man; it is an area of calling. If you are into ministry, you will understand what I mean. Deeper Life are not charismatics, neither is CPM nor Mountain of Fire. You do not do what you want, if God has called you as charismatic, you can not pretend to be another, or to do you wish. What makes the watchman unique or different from other charismatics is the name "Watchman". May I tell you that Jesus is coming soon, not one ministry can do this work, and God is raising men/women toward winning souls for Him.

Mr. Rotimy, you may be a Christian now, I guess, but you may just be destroying the same body of Christ. These ministries you are castigating are doing the work God has called them to do and thousands of souls have been saved and blessed by them. Which one are you doing now? I told you earlier, if you want to know properly about a ministry, go to the right sources, not internet.
Somebody said "At the age of 9, he wanted to know more about life after death, life after this phase here on earth, no one was able to answers his questions" I do not know this person or any of you over there, however the person was right. That experience is an experience most people had had many year before they met Jesus, it show a sincere heart seeking to know the Lord, it is not about calling, but you changed the statement and you said "I laugh when I hear about the claim of his having a call at age of nine! Good luck to him but we know him very well". Are you sure you know him? Do you see the cause is your mind set, even if you are told the truth and your mind is polluted, you will just find a way to disfigure the thing again. This matter is not our own matter, it has to do with God, that is why you must be careful what you say: Remember what happened to Moses sister Miriam.

May I tell you again "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.” Proverbs 10:19. You have added sin upon sin with you words, what you need is humility and repentance. I am sure if the first post mentioned some other pastors, you must have criticism for all of them. In God's work, there is no ministry of criticism (you see that in the secular), but there is the corrective ministry. You correct by example and by the Word of God (by word and deed). So which one is your ministry? I tell you again, if you do not repent, you have already attracted God's judgement upon yourself, you do not just utter what you like in what matters to God. If God has called me to work for him and has told me how to go about it, who are you to stand against it. “And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.” Acts 9:5

1 Like

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by rotimy(m): 8:11pm On May 03, 2009
nowissoon:

When men are too quick to speak, they often sin. I am not the person you refer to with the username and I know the watchman more than you do. I also know personally many of the starting members, including Pastor Ohanebo personally. So I am not the person you think.
From your statement “I have the right to comment about DEEPER LIFE CHURCH.” You sounded like you are a member of the church or were once there, but do you also have to right to comment on the Watchman. Now please read on.

The charismatic movement is a movement that God used to bring about revival in the Roman Catholic Church. They believe in the Holy Ghost and the scriptures wholly. God put a burden in their hearts for their Jerusalem, the Roman Catholics. Just as we have Charismatics, we have Pentecostals, etc. The Charismatics are known with the charismatic (Holy Ghost) demonstration: That is the spirit of the charismatics, it is not a matter of church or name. And during the charismatic reviver in Nigeria, in different states and parishes, these men found the truth and held on. And then the Roman catholic church could not stand them, so they sent many of them out, it is not only watchman, the various charismatics are found all over Nigeria(The ones still in the Roman church today are those who are still following the dogmas of the church). They move out, scattered in the various places and continued fellowship as Charismatics (for that is who they were), but as different independent entities. And in fact, the present Watchman today, one of the groups suffered severe persecution from the Roman church. The easiest thing as a man was to give the group one big name, and deviate from the calling but that was not the vision. In fact even some members left because of the name and persecution from the church, but God took the pace. And it took 2 years of prayers before God established the group name with “Watchman”. It was clears that God was not changing these men to another calling.

You see, you name is who you are, according to your calling: Not what men say, but what God says. It is just like we have the pentecostal or apostolic or evangelical missions/churches, each of them have their calling, but not for the Roman catholic church. Most of the charismatic have deep root in Roman Catholicism, that is their origin, and God called them to their people. so that is why you still see charismatic movement is the name of many churches today (just like you see Pentecostal or Apostolic), it is not the name of a particular church-it is just their area of calling. Or when you see words like 'faith', 'prayer', 'deeper', evangelical', etc, they did not steal the name. In fact sometimes the name look so similar, but they do not even know each other or ever met. It is God’s business, not theirs or yours. And do you accuse God for that?

Today, we have so many, so many charismatic movement, all over the world. It is not given by a man; it is an area of calling. If you are into ministry, you will understand what I mean. Deeper Life are not charismatics, neither is CPM nor Mountain of Fire. You do not do what you want, if God has called you as charismatic, you can not pretend to be another, or to do you wish. What makes the watchman unique or different from other charismatics is the name "Watchman". May I tell you that Jesus is coming soon, not one ministry can do this work, and God is raising men/women toward winning souls for Him.

Mr. Rotimy, you may be a Christian now, I guess, but you may just be destroying the same body of Christ. These ministries you are castigating are doing the work God has called them to do and thousands of souls have been saved and blessed by them. Which one are you doing now? I told you earlier, if you want to know properly about a ministry, go to the right sources, not internet.
Somebody said "At the age of 9, he wanted to know more about life after death, life after this phase here on earth, no one was able to answers his questions" I do not know this person or any of you over there, however the person was right. That experience is an experience most people had had many year before they met Jesus, it show a sincere heart seeking to know the Lord, it is not about calling, but you changed the statement and you said "I laugh when I hear about the claim of his having a call at age of nine! Good luck to him but we know him very well". Are you sure you know him? Do you see the cause is your mind set, even if you are told the truth and your mind is polluted, you will just find a way to disfigure the thing again. This matter is not our own matter, it has to do with God, that is why you must be careful what you say: Remember what happened to Moses sister Miriam.

May I tell you again "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.” Proverbs 10:19. You have added sin upon sin with you words, what you need is humility and repentance. I am sure if the first post mentioned some other pastors, you must have criticism for all of them. In God's work, there is no ministry of criticism (you see that in the secular), but there is the corrective ministry. You correct by example and by the Word of God (by word and deed). So which one is your ministry? I tell you again, if you do not repent, you have already attracted God's judgement upon yourself, you do not just utter what you like in what matters to God. If God has called me to work for him and has told me how to go about it, who are you to stand against it. “And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.” Acts 9:5

Thank you so much for your sermon! At least, you have suddenly agreed that Pastor Ohanebo and co started from the Roman Catholic Church revival group called " Catholic Charismatic Renewal" . You said before that church never broke out any where, it was rather a group of few people that were led by the pastor then.
On those still in Catholic Charismatic Renewal inside Catholic Church, you said that they are still holding the dogmas of the Church yet you also said The Charismatics are known with the charismatic (Holy Ghost) demonstration: That is the spirit of the charismatics. Look, A christian movement that is no persecuted is not from God! Wheather it takes you people 2 or 20 years to get the name is not important, the truth remains that is very sad that the copyright was intentionally taken by Pastor Ohanebo. How will he have felt if Laz Mouka had used the name LORD CHOOSEN WATCHMAN CHARISMATIC RENEWAL MOVEMENT? Stop being sentimental and reason like an adult! You asked what have I done for the Lord and His Kingdom? my answer, what have Pastors and members of WCCRM done that nobody has done?
The judgement of God you talk about is God's business not yours! If you have been brain washed in worshipping a human being because he is a Pastor or man of God, please repent! God is God not a man and knows the hidden intention of all men! I am based in Lagos and may respect men of God more than you, but I don't worship any of them and if any of them is deviating from God's way, I owe him or her a prayer! But I am also free to discuss ways of assisting them.

2 Likes

Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by oderemo(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2009
is nit it GOD we should respect?
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by oloriooko(m): 10:50am On May 04, 2009
@ poster.
Who in the heavens are you!
Who cares about your opinion of men of God?
I beg zap!
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by rotimy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
well, after the ENOUGH IS ENOUGH save nigeria march at Abuja with the civil society , my respect is for
Pastor Tunde Bakare!
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by Kx: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2010
rotimy:

well, after the ENOUGH IS ENOUGH save nigeria march at Abuja with the civil society , my respect is for
Pastor Tunde Bakare!
he gat my respect too.

some other "men of God" are telling us to pray,pray,pray pray,pray,pray,pray pray
and keep praying for yaradua to heal and for a better nigeria.
outside that, they buy private jet to fly to "where only dem know" to "preach".
they dont seem to be interested in working for a better nigeria.

i guess they 4get dat prayer and faith without work is death.

Bakare is not like them.he is always taking on national issues
for the betterment of the citizenry in and out of the pulpit
Re: The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. by chinemeze2: 7:44am On Feb 06, 2010
dear forumites, i want to state here that i am a type of person that likes criticism when it is intelligently,politely and maturedly handled. i am dissapointed with so many people who have commented for the following reasons:
1 the initiator of this discussion was only telling us his view, so, why kill him or rubbish the men of God he mentioned.
2 a canally minded person cannot discuse spiritual matters effectively.
3 you cant comment on a topic you do not have correct information about.
i respect every man of god who is doig the will of god but i dont have any biz with whoever that is doing the contrary. i hav listened to pastors; kumuyi, oyedepo,adeboye,ohanebo,muoka,oyakhilome,bakare,nd so on. they all hav their style of preaching, calling, nd challenges.some are called for holliness messages, some breakthrough,some faith, some lay emphasis on the rapture. these are different callings.
none of us was there when god called these respectable men of god, so i want to say that god has not mandated any of us to cajole them or make mess of their ministry. pls i want to appeal to all forumite to handle matters of this magnitude with caution for we not to attract the wrought of god. to mr rotimi i want you to pls watch your tongue kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua's Birthday Celebration In South Africa (Photos) / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.