Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. (1227 Views)

I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio / PHOTO: 40 Feet Container Falls On Car In Maryland / Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by beelala: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2008
Please, has anybody been caught by LASTMA at the dreaded Maryland. wow, Its an horrible experience!!! The traffic lights there are bad and malfunctioning but i guess it favours the LASTMA officials stationed at the traffic lights i.e. the traffic lights when you are going towards ikeja from ikorodu road.

The traffic lights there shows red but it doesnt show amber and green lights, so when the red light goes off the cars start moving until it suddenly changes to red. Immediately the LASTMA officials jump on the road and accost at least a driver with the excuse that you have violated a traffic offence by beating the traffic light.

i was caught last week and i had to pay them N4,000.00 otherwise they promised to ruin my day by taking me to their office, where my car would be parked then i would go to the bank to pay the levy, then i would go for psychiatric test before i now take the car.

My God, i was devastated and for the next few days, i wondered how i beat the traffic light only for me to find out that the lights are bad.

i believe the LASTMA officials know that the lights are bad and they delibrately capitalise on it so BEWARE OF LASTMA AND MARYLAND TRAFFIC LIGHTS.
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2008
After bribing those thieves you call LAST-MAN, you still had the guts to come here to type rubbish.

See, if you cant keep up with the beautiful BRT buses your beloved Uncle Fash provided for you, then better head straight to your village.
How many times is sky blue( Lagos commissioner for nairaland) going to tell you that Lagos is no more for every Nigerian.
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by cooldude62(m): 11:22am On Sep 05, 2008
sowwy bro. I cant laff!
I’m always cautious of those lights.
Once and only once I was caught by those guys at That Muri building side, when you are going to Berger.
I was going to pick a nairalander who came to spend the weekend with me from another state!
I was so excited that didn’t see it coming.
I paid N900 that day but got the info I should have paid N500.
That’s their fee.
Just give them N500 straight and don’t beg too much.
Those guys can be crazy and frustrating!
That was my first and last, I always obey, even mid night when nobody’s there to catch me! UK mentality dey my mind grin
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2008
cooldude62:

sowwy bro. I can't laff!
I’m always cautious of those lights.
Once and only once I was caught by those guys at That Muri building side, when you are going to Berger.
I was going to pick a nairalander who came to spend the weekend with me from another state!
I was so excited that didn’t see it coming.
I paid N900 that day but got the info I should have paid N500.
That’s their fee.
Just give them N500 straight and don’t beg too much.
Those guys can be crazy and frustrating!
That was my first and last, I always obey, even mid night when nobody’s there to catch me! UK mentality dey my mind grin

Which kind UK mentality you get, bribery and corruption? Abeg, get your facts right. . . . . . . . that one na proper Nigerian mentality. angry
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by Reese1: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
then i would go for psychiatric test before i now take the car.

Did I read that right? They would have made you take a psychiatric test? Do these officials even have the slightest idea what psychiatry is?
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by Outstrip(f): 1:54am On Sep 06, 2008
LOL at Psychiatry. Wonders will never end in Nigeria. I mean what would the test have shown the highy educated police people that your medulla oblongata was not directly proportion to the fluid flowing in your frontal lobe. Just stupid. Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by cooldude62(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
nuzo:

Which kind UK mentality you get, bribery and corruption? Abeg, get your facts right. . . . . . . . that one na proper Nigerian mentality. angry
I see you dont know how to read bro,
sowwy about that.
When i said UK mentality, i meant obeying traffic lights and not the giving of money ok.
By the way, how's China?
Hope they never break your head with chon chin, LOL
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2008
cooldude62:

I see you don't know how to read bro,
sowwy about that.
When i said UK mentality, i meant obeying traffic lights and not the giving of money ok.
By the way, how's China?
Hope they never break your head with chon chin, LOL

Such a pity that the only thing in your UK mentality is how to obey traffic lights. No wonder Nigerian leaders study and live the whole of their lives abroad only to come back and be worst than the home grown.

By the way, China has advanced far more than Nigeria, credits to corrupt people like you.
And since people do not fight here , i wonder how my head will be broken. tongue
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by cooldude62(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
LOL, baba, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
Whats up with ya and why are you so tough on your fellow people?
Take am easy o, cos the way i see, you are the one trying to fight now, i go send one chon chin to break bottle for dia o! grin
Re: Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2008
cooldude62:

LOL, baba, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
Whats up with ya and why are you so tough on your fellow people?
Take am easy o, because the way i see, you are the one trying to fight now, i go send one chon chin to break bottle for dia o! grin

I hope you are not taking anything from this site too serious, even though its very educational.

Unfortunately for you, China is not like Nigeria where you can tip a rogue 500 naira to go and cut off the head of another simply because you guys had a little argument. tongue

(1) (Reply)

If You Think That Unbanning Prohibited Items is A Wrong Decision , Read This. / Pdp Wins In Delta State / High Price Of Oil May Not Benefit Nigeria- Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.