Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

The Qur'an, So Amazing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Qur'an, So Amazing (1175 Views)

100% Proof Qur'an Is Not The Word Of God / Did Abraham & Ismeal Actually Build The Kaaba As Claimed In The Qur'an? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Qur'an, So Amazing by Abeem(m): 3:34am On Jul 03, 2006
The Nobel Noble Verse (Culled from Deen Digest, Feb/Mar 1997).

This literature is meant for the reading pleasure of Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Readers reactions are most welcome but our reactions should be limited to seeking clarifications and/or further education and not to disparage Islam.
Please enjoy.  More to follow.

The Qur’an (every statement, word and letter of it) is divine.  No Muslim can be a Muslim without that conviction.  Therefore, after reading and grasping its content we always affirm: "The words of Allah are true” (Sadaqa Allahu li azeem).  Even in situations where we do not comprehend the meaning and message of any verse ( due to our limited knowledge of course) we still make that affirmation and even add: “ Allah knows best” (Allahu a’lam) thereby exposing our human weakness and limitations.
That was exactly the attitude of early Muslims to several statements in the Qur’an some of which are validated by scientific research today.  A particular verse in the Qur’an best fits this situation. This verse clearly shows that the author of the Qur’an was not only present at the beginning of the universe and life, but in fact He is the Originator and Creator of them.  He states:
“Do not the Unbelivers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before We clove them asunder?  We made from water every living thing.  Will they not then believe?” (Q21:30)
The early Muslims believed but could not comprehend and prove this statement.  They simply said: “Allah knows best”, but they were spurred to search.  The search accelerated scientific studies.
A couple of decades ago, however, this Quranic verse got a scientific confirmation.  The Big-Bang theory, the universally accepted theory of the origin of the universe, posited that at a point in time (billions/millions years back), all of the heavens, earth and celestial bodies were one piece called “the monoblock”.  This later splintered and has since then continues to expand – with each parted object moving in its own orbit (Q51:47). This scientific discovery (the Big- Bang theory) was made by three men who were given the Nobel Prize award in Physics in 1973.
About two hundred years ago, Dutchman Leewenhoek and others invented the microscope.  Since then it has become more sophisticated.  With its aid, we now know that all living things are made up of minute cells each of which is virtually (over 80%) composed of water.  Indeed, Allah has “made from water every living thing” (Q21:30).
Surprising? No! Only truly amazing is the Qur’an.  Whether or not we understand the verses of the Qur’an, the truth is they originated from a divine source, our Creator.  Muslims will not wait for any scientific validation to affirm their faith and conviction in all the verses of the Qur’an.  Only unbelievers would quibble, hesitate or dismiss them as untruth.
Re: The Qur'an, So Amazing by PLAYBOY3(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2006
Nice One,Abeem
Re: The Qur'an, So Amazing by ajia23(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2006
Abeem,

The Quran contains may more miracles, just check out the miracles of the Quran by Harun Yahya and you will fing out so many.
Re: The Qur'an, So Amazing by Abeem(m): 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2006
Ajia23,
Thank you. I know but the essence of my posting is not to talk about miracles since it is not the preoccupation of Muslims to dwell on that subject-matter. We believe that our Lord, the Almighty Allah has power and dominion over all elements of its creation and He is not incapable of doing anything. Whenever He wills or desires to do anything, He simply says: Be and it will be.

However, I will appreciate if you can forward details about how to get the book you mentioned in your post to me by return.
Re: The Qur'an, So Amazing by 4getme1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2006
@Abeem,

There are a few questions that I would like to ask about the amazing Qur'an in days to come, but let me start first with this:

I've often heard of the number 19 as being one of the 'miracles' of the Qur'an. Please could you explain the significance of 19 in the 'miracle'?

Thanks.
Re: The Qur'an, So Amazing by Abeem(m): 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2006
@4get_me
I have made myself clear enough that Islam as a religion do not emphasize or talk about miracles as the Christians are wont to do.  At the risk of repeating myself, I make bold to reiterate that Islam and its adherents believe in the absolute power and dominion of the Almighty Allah (who is God, Olodumare, Olorun, Oluwa, Chineke, Osanobua? or whatever name you call the higher being in your mother tongue). If in His infite mercies and wisdom (which transcends human knowledge and understanding) He decrees something to happen, He only says: "Be, and it will Be."

Thank you for your understanding.

(1) (Reply)

Mr. Smith. May I Introduce To You: Your Only Hope / The Joy Of Sharing The Good News / Part 11: What Does The Term “ Christ In You” Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.